Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    RIP Mollyboo. :(
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    edited August 2017
    I want to make a fantasy request for a kit for a noreload run, if you would be so kind to read it:

I want to do a trilogy run, but want to use a kit of the sort below. I wonder if any of the learned folks here are capable of cooking up a mod for this.

*** Sorceror kit -- "Eldritch Knight" ***
    (based on NWN2 prestige class)

advantages:
    +1 Thac0 every 3 levels up to 20
    +1/2 APR at lvl 10 and 20
    + weapon selection every 4 levels (and one extra at lvl 1)
    + ability to specialize in any melee weapon and style (for flavor,
    probably exclude shields)
    + hit dice: d6

disadvantages:
    - can cast 1 less spell per level (like DD)
    - caster level reduced by 1/4th (rounded up)
    - spell progression reduced by 1/4th (e.g. you get your first 3rd
    level spell at lvl 8 etc.)

The idea is that you play this as a spellsword where you select buffs for your spells.

Example: at end of SoA you have an 18th level Edlritch Knight (effective Sorcerer level of 14) that knows
    1 lvl 7 spell, 2 lvl 6 spells, can cast stone skin 4 times a day etc., dual wielding katanas for 3APR and thac0 of 7.

It is then comparable to Fighter/Mage at same XP, but on a sorcerer chassis.
    ussnorwayJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    @Ygramul: I'm definitely not a skilled modder but quick google search found this guide for kit creation. You might check it for yourself and try if nobody pop up here to make the kit for you. I think, @Aasim might help you but he is out of reach for a while already.
    YgramulsemiticgoddessJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak

@Ygramul: I'm definitely not a skilled modder but quick google search found this guide for kit creation. You might check it for yourself and try if nobody pop up here to make the kit for you. I think, @Aasim might help you but he is out of reach for a while already.

Thanks for the prompt response. Generally, I am clueless in such matters and fear that I can easily wreck my install if I fiddle myself. Will look for the link, but really hoping that someone can just step in and say:

"Here is a file. Put it in this here directory."
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    See if you can find a kit like that in the modding section. It sounds so familiar, it might already have been made
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    edited August 2017
    lroumen said:

See if you can find a kit like that in the modding section. It sounds so familiar, it might already have been made

Aye, there are some of those and more but none is exactly as requested.
    Ygramul
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Indeed. Seems like only the name is consistent. o.O
    Ygramul
    edited August 2017
    lroumen said:

Indeed. Seems like only the name is consistent. o.O

I think I really really really want this to be a sorcerer kit.

The kit by 'Tome', though a sorcerer, appears to be unbalanced and overpowered.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837

Similarly when fighting the likes of Mal-Kalen in the future, perhaps a protection from the undead scroll might be what was required. However, I decided not to try that out until I was MUCH stronger.

If you have Item Revisions installed (and seems, you are) Protection from the Undead scroll isn't a full proof defence anymore.

It's now some kind of undead-specific Protection from Evil spell and that's it.
    Just be aware of that.
    Thanks for the clarification. :)