[MOD] Golem Construction for Spellcasters

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    bob_veng said:

cool!

...btw - what artifact :)

To build (a second copy of) the most powerful golem of the whole mod. :D
  • BrutaleBentBrutaleBent Member Posts: 36
    Ohh, at first glance this looks very nice - gonna give this a shot and install it on my first playthrough (in 16 years)!

New version: Golem Construction for Spellcasters v5.1

Changelog:
    • Added Polish translation for artifact quest
    • Improved component name "Identify all mod items"
    • Fixed a potential loophole in the artifact quest that could result in forcing the player to reload
    FlashburnAedanmf2112lolien
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @argent77, this mod id great! Thank you very much!

You had mentioned providing Clerics some golem builds (clay as I remember). Is this still something you are looking at?
    Yes, according to 2e rules cleric should be able to build clay golems.

It's still on my to-do list. But I have already some ideas. No sure about SoD, but I can probably add something to BG2 (SoA and ToB).
    Adding cleric support isn't as much work as I thought. I can probably include it in the next release.

Clerics will be able to learn how to build clay golems (still need a decent INT to learn the skill though). Cleric-specific workshops will be available in their respective temple strongholds.
    As far as Clerics learning how to make clay golems, I would hope wisdom is more needed then intelligence. Whatever you think is fine. This is a stellar mod and any additions are greatly appreciated.
    It's more of a technical limitation. It's not possible to add different requirements for specific classes to an item.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    could you make the cleric clay golem special by calling it sanctified clay golem or something like that?
    Is there a special reason for that? Clay golem is clay golem, regardless of who's creating it.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i take that back. didn't know that clerics can make clay golems, per pnp (i do now)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Okay, this mod is just pure gold. I will put it in my "Must translate" list :)
    Thank you very much for this gem, @argent77!
    argent77Flashburnlolien
    @argent77, is there any ETA on the update that includes Cleric Golem builds?
    Very soon, when I completed my current test run.
    @argent77
    I am translating your mod.
    Does the upcoming update change the TRA files or just add new ones?
    @Aedan All the relevant TRAs and Readmes in the development branch of the mod are up to date. I don't expect any major changes until the next release.

Btw, Some of Nym's lines are voiced. If you happen to have the Italian version of IWD2 and want to use them, the relevant files are nym_001.wav, nym_002.wav, nym_013.wav, nym_014.wav and nym_015.wav. A few of them must probably be edited to remove unused parts.
    Aedan
    edited September 2017
    @argent77
    Excellent. Thank you!
    I will see what I can do for the Italian sound set from IWD2 :)

New version: Golem Construction for Spellcasters v5.2

Changelog:
    • Made clay golem construction available to clerics
    • Added cleric-specific workshops to their respective temple strongholds
    • Fixed missing ambient sound on quest-related map
    • Corrected Nym's default combat script
    • Several spelling fixes and improvements
    AedanFlashburnContemplative_Hamsterlolien
    YEAH!!!!
    Aedan
  • Kaustic_SwarmKaustic_Swarm Member Posts: 2
    Hello Argent,
    I'm having and installation issue. I assume it has to do with pathing. I installed Big World Project, I mistakenly thought your mod was part of BWT and played through BG1:EE without it. So now at the transition between BG1:EE and BG2:EE I am trying to install it. BWT recommended installing to this folder: "C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA" and leave BG1 as "C:\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate". I nested the .exe installer inside the "BGII - SOA" folder, and it reports that BG:EE (T) isn't installed. Attached are the .debug and the .exe interface. I'm looking forward to messing around inside this mod. I'm hesitant to just change the name of that folder because BWT may turn itself inside out.

Regards,

-Kaustic

@Kaustic_Swarm The Golem Construction mod requires the Enhanced Edition versions of BG1, BG2 or IWD. You seem to be playing the original (classic) BG2, which isn't supported.
  • Kaustic_SwarmKaustic_Swarm Member Posts: 2
    So I am. I checked on GOG and you can only purchase the EE edition now, but I had acquired the license earlier... so, I guess I played through BG1 classic instead of EE as I had thought. Sorry, for the false alarm. Thanks,
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    argent77 said:

Aasim said:

On a minor sidenote; given that this (I assume, looking at the code..) goes after SCS; which goes after BG2Tweaks, that has a component "identify all items"; would you be willing to make a small piece of code; or a seperate component, which makes tomes identified?

I'll see what I can do.
    Aasim said:

A small bug - with Spell Rev, all Slow effects and spells can dispel Haste; with Golem Construction Golem Slow can't. Ditto viceversa, slow is dispelled by haste. It's done via custom sectype; so you could just patch the effect onto your slow spells. (if SR is detected, mark Golem slow with sectype k1#slow, add 221 to remove k1#haste, no save); or clone the exisiting Golem Slow (that one gets patched by SR) into your new spell and add whatever other effects to it.

Million thanks for this. :)
    Spell Rev compatibility of Golem Slow and Haste are not yet included in the latest public release.

However, it has already been added to the development branch of the mod (if you don't want to wait for the next release).
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    I loaded it from Git already! :)
    @argent77
    As you know, we are translating your mod :)
    We found this sentence:
    "Since this ability is part of the golem's nature it does not have to wait for its aura to be cleansed before using the same or another ability again".
    We do understand the meaning, but we need some help with the expression "to be cleansed". Can you please give us a synonim?
    The context looks like "cleansed" could be replaced by "deactivated", but I'll let @argent77 have the final word.
    Aedan
    Aedan said:

We found this sentence:
    "Since this ability is part of the golem's nature it does not have to wait for its aura to be cleansed before using the same or another ability again".
    We do understand the meaning, but we need some help with the expression "to be cleansed". Can you please give us a synonim?

In other words, the golem may use another ability immediately afterwards without the usual delay, as if under the effect of Improved Alacrity, but only for the next ability.

(I should probably find a more easily understandable description for it.)
    Aedanbob_veng
    @Necromanx2 @argent77
    Thank you very much, guys!
    bob_veng