Skip to content

Your Greatest Facepalm Moment?

Comments

• Lehigh96Lehigh96 Member Posts: 23
    CaptRory said:

CaptRory said:

@bengoshi Thanks! Never found one and I'm just about done the game; I'm actually at the point where you need to sneak around or run away from all the guards.

yes found it randomly , started as cleric 7 then dualed to mage , until then i hoarded all scrolls i would find in my scrolls box and then just stock up in high hedge and baldurs gate on what i didn't have :)
    Nice. :smiley:

It looks like I'm going to have to go old school and beat them all unconscious with my fists then run away like a dirty coward.
    Wands of Paralyzation are your new best friend once those Flaming Fist pansies turn on you. I actually had to sell a few back to the Sorcerer's Sundries to have them recharged. Charm & Dire Charm work as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    tbone1
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380

When first meeting an Ogre Mage (I think it was the area west of Firewine bridge) he started casting Ghost Armour and while my party advanced on him he cast a Stinking Cloud which immediately disabled 3 of my group - I was horrified and certain that the group would be slaughtered by that mighty monster.

Then I noticed that the Ogre Mage had placed the Stinking Cloud so that he himself was caught in the effect, failed it´s save and was uncouncious and helpless... :o

This happens quite often when fighting Ogre Mages. You'll see it again - probably along the sword coast.
    Abby_ZeroProont
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Sikorsky said:

After 15 years of playing I discover a new place in game. I just want my assasin to hide behind the building and I enter the new area by accident. Inside there was a bandit with little dialog. Did anyone of you find that place? Or other "hidden" entrance like that. ScrnShot below.

Wow - I don't think I've ever seen that before.
    Abby_Zero
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    edited September 2016
    Reven said:

Created a character for dual class mage/thief and got to bladur's gate without remembering that elves can't dual class.

Ouch!

DJKajuruAbby_ZeroProontMalicron
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    That is funny as well as a warning for me as I am about to play that part!
    Abby_ZeroProont
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526

I had a faceplam moment last night. I was soloing as a Cavalier and had taken ages to roll a really good character because I was going to play a no reload game. I had got to second level by talking to Marl and breaking the news to Mirianne about her husband but I was still only wearing Studded Leather armour because that was all I had been able to afford in Candlekeep. Instead of doing the sensible thing and going and buying a set of Splint Mail I thought I know, I'll go and rescue Viconia and get a set of Plate for free. I headed up to Pelvdale, found Viconia and agreed to save her from the nasty Flaming Fist soldier. She cast Command on him, he fell to the ground and she started beating on him. I was about to join in when I thought, wait a minute, I'm a Cavalier, it's one thing agreeing to save her but we could run away now, I shouldn't be murdering the guy. While I was mulling this over the Flaming Fist guy woke up. Fine I thought, now I can join the fight.

At this point Viconia cast Hold Person. The Flaming Fist guy saved; I didn't.

So my Cavalier got hacked to pieces in the first real fight she had been in and all because I wanted a free set of armour.

Wow! There IS justice in this world (that world - BG) after all! And being a Paladin does mean something (if only a punishment for a bad deeds :) )
    Permidion_StarkAbby_ZeroMontresor_SPProont
  • Abby_ZeroAbby_Zero Member Posts: 68
    edited November 2017
    Arctodus said:

@Abby_Zero Download EEKeeper, you can fix these kinds of issues with it. Don't throw away your character for that !

I’m already level 7/8 fighter thief
    I’m using iOS on iPad, I assume that’s not an option :)
    So psyched to be back on BG after all the years
    I used to disdain the item dupe exploit back in the 1990s but I’m a big proponent of reload often and early!
    If I had a PC or Mac I’d DEFinitely play with all of the awesome mods n stuff

As it is I’m just praying for iOS Siege of Dragonspear (like, literally)
    ArctodusAerakarArnebProont