• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Undertale and SoD are better.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353

Undertale and SoD are better.

Unfair! Undertale wasn't a poll option!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Neither was SoD...
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    One thing that happens to me that affected my vote in this poll is how much of a slog BG2 becomes after Ust Nathar. Even just before it a lot of the time.

Every playthrough, get to UN or just after and the game feels over. You are pretty much railroading everything and so over the whole Irenicus thing.

Not having a soul makes no difference whatsoever and the Elves are so goddam awful you can't help but think they deserve everything he throws at them.
    Then to cap it all, Irenicus goes down so easily and then you get dragged to hell, then have to slog through the trials before a decent fight at the end.

Allowing access to WK in BG2 has really damaged the balance of the game. I really wish they would change that.
    And of course you could ignore it, but WK is actually a good dungeon with great rewards and frankly, the temptation is too great.
    It feels the same as a quest, like dealing with Firkrag for instance, which makes it even less likely to be able to be ignored.

Ideally would like to see WK only available in TOB with a much expanded and better reason as to why you need to go there at that point.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @UnderstandMouseMagic " the Elves are so goddam awful you can't help but think they deserve everything he throws at them."

This describes basically all Elves.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    edited October 2017
    Careful now, if enough people were to choose Planescape then this might actually come true...
    Post edited by Mantis37 on
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Neither was SoD...

Yes it was.

From the OP:
    Consider the first four options as Schrödinger's Enhanced Editions - the choice reflects either EE or original game; BGEE with or without Siege of Dragonspear, depending on your preference

Neither was SoD...

what @deltago said
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    BG1(EE) is by far the most replayed game of them all in my life of the past decade and it will be so in the decades to come.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    SomeSort said:

Was a really tough call between BG2 and IWD for me. BG2 is the more interesting story and it can be fun to break the game with all the OMGZ OVERPOWERED loot and abilities. But the balance and tuning in IWD is just unbelievable. It's such a brilliant dungeon crawl, the randomized items give a lot of replayability, and it's absolutely gorgeous. The enemies are intimidating without being overdone, difficult without being cheesy, memorable without being silly. The overall design is just so tight.

If considering mods I might switch to BG2 just because there's so much more on that side, which means more versatility and replayability. But I answered based on the base "out of the box" experience.

Word by word - my very thoughts. Though I chose BG2 as "only one" now sometime ago it would be IWD hands down. Love both game.

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited October 2017
    @Buttercheese Your back! As an undead floating skull! @Shandaxx would be proud.

Uhm....

BGEE is now the best. I thought I would click BG2... But... Although I loved playing IWD... I... Cannot be tempted to replay it over and over again. You complete it and... You have completed it. Not enough sidequests... No basic bumming around figuring out what to do. You have to move to the next map... Going north, south, east and west is not as often an option... Going down that trial takes you from a to b... You cannot lose yourself in it... It is a challenge.

I basically bummed around for ages playing BG1 as you could roam. My first playthrough was pretty damned awesome because I bummed around. I didn't even find Dynahier, what a surprise I got when I revisited the area and wandered accidently down into the pit... And then you want to play again. And again. Doing it in a different order.

You do sort of get that freedom in BG2... Although the catch is you are doing all those side quests for money to free Imoen... To gain a base... Or fulfil a romance. You have a purpose. BG sometimes does not have a purpose, but it is still good. A bit like nipples on men, plastic lightsabers and life in general, it is still good.

I like Planescape but I prefer the Forgotten Realms. This may be a blasphemy of sorts... But, Planescape does play differently to the other titles from character creation onwards... It perhaps is not comparable because it is so different...
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Anduin said:

@Buttercheese Your back!

What about her back?

Wait, I shouldn’t ask that, I’m a married man.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    tbone1 said:

Anduin said:

@Buttercheese Your back!

What about her back?

What about YOUR back?
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I don't even have a back, I am just a floating skull.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Nimran said:

tbone1 said:

Anduin said:

@Buttercheese Your back!

What about her back?

What about YOUR back?
    Bending under the stress of caring for my wife after he surgery, an impending IRS audit for which we owe at least $1000, two dogs with skin infections, filling out the older son’s FAFSA forms, awaiting news from my oncologist, and having found that the lining of the fireplace needs replacing. But other than that, Mrs Lincoln, ...

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    tbone1 said:

Nimran said:

tbone1 said:

Anduin said:

@Buttercheese Your back!

What about her back?

What about YOUR back?
    Bending under the stress of caring for my wife after he surgery, an impending IRS audit for which we owe at least $1000, two dogs with skin infections, filling out the older son’s FAFSA forms, awaiting news from my oncologist, and having found that the lining of the fireplace needs replacing. But other than that, Mrs Lincoln, ...

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    lmao every time i'm inactive for a while some thread of mine gets resurrected

lmao every time i'm inactive for a while some thread of mine gets resurrected

and still you haven't voted in it
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    @GenderNihilismGirdle I know what I like, I want to see everyone else's opinion.
    FYI, Icewind Dale.