Skip to content

2017 Infinity Engine Fan-art Contest: Enhanced Edition

Comments

• VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    edited November 2017
    Dev6 said:

Varwulf said:

I am half tempted to submit the portrait pack on the artist's behalf, but it's kind of a--shall we say, unique pack and I don't know that everyone would appreciate it. (it is perfectly family friendly, just so we're clear...)

I'm calling it right now, they're furry portraits. :p
    I mean, you could call it that, but I'd liken it more to a "Wolf's Rain" kind of format since they're all four legged animals, but they're in game sprites are obviously still humanoid :smiley:

! :open_mouth:

Is Jaheira a badger?

There are badgers, but Jaheira isn't one :open_mouth:

Jaheira is actually a coyote, which is interesting considering the documented hunting relationship shared by the two animal species in the wild.

Still a pretty good guess :)
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    @Varwulf I must seee this! Share, please!
    Varwulf
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564

@Varwulf I must seee this! Share, please!

I'll send you a note with a link because I still haven't received any indication from the artist that she is interested in the contest, sadly.
    LavaDelVortelashafetov
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I'd definitely be more interested in the choice prize over the grand prize. Not that the Collector Edition is poor quality, it's quite the opposite, but your next game definitely teases me more :smiley:
    Yup, that's how impatient I am
    ashafetovlolien
  • MrMongo001MrMongo001 Member Posts: 2
    I Give You the Throne of BALLS Bhaal!

ronaldo[Deleted User]EnilwynAnduin
  • ashafetovashafetov Member Posts: 231
    edited November 2017
    Seldar said:

that's nice ! I like the depth in this picture, it gives the feeling of a long journey ahead

Thank you! But please don't forget to "gather your party before venturing forth". Dude on the picture, it looks like, forgot to..

That’s pretty spectacular work!

Thanks a lot, I do appreciate!
    Post edited by ashafetov on
    ronaldololien
  • CRUXPLCRUXPL Member Posts: 11
    #ashafetov Man... just... WOW :smiley: I am truly impressed by your work.
    O_Bruceashafetov
    edited November 2017
    #CRUXPL Thank you very much, buddy!
    Post edited by ashafetov on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You're not late! There're still nearly 7 full days, so the most interesting stuff should happen (and is happening) now :)
    DJKajuruashafetovlolien
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @ashafetov Wow i'm definitely impressed by your work. I mean, everyone here has done something I never could even dream of doing myself, but your stands out even higher. Might I ask how you do them? Do you use a software, a graphic tablet? When I see such work I really feel inspired and would like to try it out. Not that I'll ever reach that level, but still

ashafetov
    #Arunsun thank you very much for the kind words! I do really appreciate, however, I don't think I really deserve all of those. As for your question, yes, I used a 3D model as a base for kit-bashing in Modo, then made a lot of adjustments in Photoshop with graphic tablet (in my case this is Wacom Intuos Pro). Animations were added in After Effects. So, this is how it was done in short words. If you have any workflow specific questions I will be glad to answer. Cheers!
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @JuliusBorisov I don't suppose you guys can extend the deadline by a few days, can you >.>
    Cause I am doing a 15 page comic and it takes longer than expected....
    ashafetovThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No extentions, sorry.
    ButtercheeseO_Bruce
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited November 2017
    We still have slightly more than 258 hours to do the work, so no worry there. Right @Buttercheese ?
    Post edited by lolien on
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I occassionally do need sleep and have other responsibilities as well ;P
    lolien
    @Prozh Please, provide translation from Russian so that the Broader audience could understand the joke(s).