Skip to content

Feature proposals/requests

124»

Comments

• _amano_amano Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2017
    I'd like a "Retro-View" option with a "camera" angle (and camera distance) that resembles that of BG:EE (and the other infinity engine games). Perhaps even switching to the stoney BG:EE interface (icon bar) in that mode.

I know that this request is very gimmickey but I would die for that ;)
  • AcaosAcaos Member Posts: 13
    One more request:
    - Please make it possible to run with `Sticky Player Names=0` and `Server Vault By Player Name=1` to have the old vault/cdkey behavior. We have numerous players on HG with multiple CD keys _and_ multiple player names who like to be able to play any of their characters on any of their CD keys (and we have our own password system to support this).
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305

Right, NWN had Discipline and Parry added as new skills. They're not part of 3e so what are they doing there? And the mechanics were awful. Discipline was only viable for warrior classes and had to be maxed to be relevant, so it was just a forced skill point sink. Parry was confusing since it completely overlapped with Defensive Fighting and Total Defense, and also had to be maxed to be useful.

I hope these will both get fixed by an axe. The game should use the actual 3e rules for resisting knockdowns and fighting defensively.

That's extremely unlikely to happen, given the amount of work that'd take and the amount of work existing servers that want to transition to EE would have to undertake to adapt their modules to take this into account. Since I assume the dev's want their game to be accessible...

...fix parry. :)
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    Going forward, I think would it be very important to stay true to 3e rules and develop the skill set further. Discipline and Parry were probably only made up originally because Fighters had no class skills.

With NWN:EE, there is a one of a kind opportunity to include new skills like Climb, Jump and Swim and make them relevant in future campaigns and persistent worlds. And at the same time, remove the made up Discipline and Parry skills so they don't drain your skill points and be detrimental to the system.

• TondenTonden Member Posts: 223
    Could these features be added?

1. “ Unlock Camera “ so that we can look straight up at the sky
    2. Add more armor slots like Bracers, Earrings, and so on (even if the community needs to create the items.)
    3. Higher Polly counts for Tilesets, Creatures, NPC, and Player Character Models.
    4. Higher textures support.
  • TondenTonden Member Posts: 223
    Oh and support for Gmax and Blender
  • HarkathHarkath Member Posts: 6
    Favored souls and warlocks if new classes are ever on the table.
  • Altair_KhalidAltair_Khalid Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2017
    My requests:

1) HD/Updated Graphics, any improvement to the base models and graphics to make it feel a bit more modern. Higher resolution texture pack support.

2) NWN EE needs and deserves a fully supported and updatable build repository. NWN 2 has http://nwn2db.com/ and virtually every NWN2 player uses it (if they know about it) because it is such an easy to use and useful interface. One place all players can congregate to talk about and discuss builds and make new ones is an absolute must for this reboot. The Bioware forums were great... until they vanished, some builds were preserved but still, one place for all things build related would be perfect.

3) It was very annoying in the past having to fill all your hotbar slots with buffs and having to click each one (unless you used a buffing rod or sequencer) my suggestion is to inbuild a form of sequencer/buffing queue that a player can save and load and be able to just click once and have all their buffs taken care of a set it and forget it mode so we can focus on the more fun interesting parts of gameplay, this mode would obviously check to see if the player did indeed have those spells so the system couldnt be exploited.

4. Hire Kaedrin and or his services or request to use his content and add all of his custom classes and reverse engineer all of the classes he added to NWN 2 because they made the game SO much better.

5. From this thread on the vault ( here ) I'd like to highlight a few optiond I'd like to see also (though they would ofc all be awesome)

- Toolset item limit (16k Resource limit) (increase it)
    - Allow custom rays, visual effects on weapons, custom races, custom base classes etc.. NWN client externder
    items. Without the need of the extender.
    - Most of the script functions with extender in basic game(without an extender).
    - Preload haks in multiplayer
    - Unlocked toolset windows. So you can work in multiple windows and resize them.
    - More multi-thread support / 64-bit (game / toolset / server)
    - Better base character models.
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433

I created a thread here (which I seem to accidentally have put in a non-existent forum) that explains one of the features I would really like to see:

First of all, thanks to Beamdog for the stream last night - it really does look promising and I look forward to seeing what you do with the game. Neverwinter Nights has been one of my favourite games for years and I still play it to this day. Our Steam group were only recently playing a co-op game through the Aielund Saga.

Anyway...I asked this question in the stream but will sling it up here as well, as it's something that's bugged me about NWN 1 for some time.

Neverwinter Nights 2 had a maximum level cap of 30 and yet it allowed you to multiclass into 4 different classes. It worked really well and added an additional layer of character customisation.

Neverwinter Nights 1 had a maximum level cap of 40 (10 more than NWN 2) and yet you could only multiclass into 3 classes. With such a lot of levels, it seemed to really limit character creativity.

One of my favourite characters to play in NWN 2 was a Fighter/Wizard/Assassin/Arcane Archer. You just cant do this in NWN 1 due to the restrictions. Especially since classes like the Assassin never got HIPS in NWN 1 but did in NWN 2.

----

Character building was one of the things I loved about the NWN games - especially NWN 2. It would be great to see some "love" here.

If I recall correctly the three class limit was partly dictated by the radial menu allocation of only three slots for class abilities. An invasive re-work of the radial menu would be required.

Going forward, I think would it be very important to stay true to 3e rules and develop the skill set further. Discipline and Parry were probably only made up originally because Fighters had no class skills.

With NWN:EE, there is a one of a kind opportunity to include new skills like Climb, Jump and Swim and make them relevant in future campaigns and persistent worlds. And at the same time, remove the made up Discipline and Parry skills so they don't drain your skill points and be detrimental to the system.

Adding skills like Climb, Jump, and Swim is something that modders can do for their individual modules/servers. You can do that right now with Neverwinter Nights. The development team's time is far better spent implementing features and making changes that modders can't do themselves.

• Altair_KhalidAltair_Khalid Member Posts: 5
    Adding skills like Climb, Jump, and Swim is something that modders can do for their individual modules/servers. You can do that right now with Neverwinter Nights. The development team's time is far better spent implementing features and making changes that modders can't do themselves.
    They could also just add it much lower down the priority list so that the more important aspects of gameplay and dev tool improvement comes first :smile:

I want to use these skills in official campaigns as well, not just mods.

And better to have the base game be a faithful adaptation of 3E instad of "mods" of its own.

They could also just add it much lower down the priority list so that the more important aspects of gameplay and dev tool improvement comes first :smile:

If the Dev's were to implement Climbing, for example, as a class skill - it'd have to be a game feature that'd work across all modules. Which means they'd need to add animations for every gender/race combination climbing every possible tileset with a vertical rise. That's a staggering # of animations, money, and work.

Not to mention, it would make custom tilesets feel a little out of place because it'd unlikely creator's would devote the time to create climbing animations for every possible race/gender combo & every tileset with a vertical rise.

Skills like that do not lend itself well to the nature of the Aurora engine. They're better suited for PnP; and this is easily emulatable with scripting, waypoints, & conversations.
    edited November 2017

I want to use these skills in official campaigns as well, not just mods.

And better to have the base game be a faithful adaptation of 3E instad of "mods" of its own.

Changing Neverwinter Nights to be a 100% faithful adaptation of 3E rules is pretty unlikely to happen.
  • KragsKrags Member Posts: 4

Krags said:

I suffer from real bad vertigo playing some games. NWN is my all time favourite game but one of the issues I have is when the camera zooms in for a discussion with a NPC. If we can have the option to disable that and just have the conversation from afar that would be huge to me.

The camera doesn't move for conversations.

Are you perhaps thinking of NWN2?
    I play with the camera completely zoomed out, so it zooms in when I start a conversation with a NPC.

If the Dev's were to implement Climbing, for example, as a class skill - it'd have to be a game feature that'd work across all modules. Which means they'd need to add animations for every gender/race combination climbing every possible tileset with a vertical rise. That's a staggering # of animations, money, and work.

Not to mention, it would make custom tilesets feel a little out of place because it'd unlikely creator's would devote the time to create climbing animations for every possible race/gender combo & every tileset with a vertical rise.

Skills like that do not lend itself well to the nature of the Aurora engine. They're better suited for PnP; and this is easily emulatable with scripting, waypoints, & conversations.
    Climbing / jumping / swimming can exist without animations. They can be scripted events with sound effects. Pillars of Eternity does that and it's great.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    edited November 2017
    @Symphony has come up with a suggestion that all feature requests and reports should be organised into categories, so that dupe requests were at minimum, and everyone could understand where to find what.

I'm closing this thread and will update this post with links to all new threads, where your requests and reports should go.

Thanks for being so creative and supportive, use these threads, please:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66974/suggestions-thread-art-assets-models-textures-images-sounds

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66975/suggestions-thread-structural-file-formats-references-hardcodedness-configuration

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66976/suggestions-thread-game-mechanics-scripts-spells-feats-combat

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66981/suggestions-thread-miscellaneous-minor-uncategorized-tweaks-and-changes
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
This discussion has been closed.