Skip to content

Finally an ignore feature!

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I am summoned... But the incantations seem awry...

F?

F!

F this. I'm off.

[Deleted User]lolienNimran
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited August 2016
    Shandyr said:

In that rare case, that link would be blocked too, because we don't check for the "@" tag specifically.

for (var i=0; i < tagsToDelete.length; i++) { var inner = tagsToDelete[i].innerHTML; if (inner[0] == '@' && userlist.indexOf(inner.substring(1,inner.length)) > -1 ) { // options } }
    This will check for the the @ tag at the beginning, I just didn't bother including it initially as I wasn't entirely certain that it was necessary. Better safe than sorry, though.
    '<a href="#">@blockeduser</a>'; tagsToDelete[i].setAttribute("href","#");
    I'm also beginning to wonder if setting it to # is the best option. While you don't leave the page when the link is pressed, it does jump to the top of the page. It might be better to either use the current ID for the post, or remove the <a> tag.
    [Deleted User]
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Shandyr said:

YES! Finally finally finally!

There is no inherent ignore function on this forum, but as @Nathan told me several years ago, there is the option of custom scripts in greasemonkey :smiley:

Yes, and I have found just a script for that:
    http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/review/174750

Thank you so much for that! Works like a charm and it's so needed. The best way to keep peace on forums!

[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @Shandyr - thankee, sai. I'll give it a try. ;)
    [Deleted User]
    I may sound stupid, but... how do I use that script? I'm absolutely hopeless with computers. I use Chrome, if that helps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    MirandelArtona
    @Shandyr, thank you very much for your detailed help. You are truly prince among men. :)
    I think I followed your instructions, yet I still see your posts. This is how my script looks like: http://imgur.com/a/y0ZMH
    [Deleted User]
    @Shandyr - this is how it looks like: http://imgur.com/a/qMOhn
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Who wrote this post? And why does it keep showing up as Recent if no one replies? And why does no one reply to me?
    edited November 2017
    ButtercheeseMirandel
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Do you think it would be possible to add an option that removes all threads from a specific sub-forum from the "Recent Discussions" page? I personally would like to filter out all the NWN:EE related threads from there (and only there).
    [Deleted User]lefreutbob_veng
    edited December 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Buttercheeselolien
    Thank you, also come to think of it, this feature could also be used to filter out language specific sub-forums. No point in having threads in language show up for me there that I can't read anyway >.>
    [Deleted User]
    Maybe we should let @JuliusBorisov know about that then ;)
    lolien
    Also, in my specific case I don't wanna ignore them in general, I just don't want them to show up on the Recent Discussions page.
    [Deleted User]
    Shandaxx said:

I have extended my ignore script: From now on it's possible to ignore threads. Instead of a person you'd enter the title of the thread in a new, different list.

Mind you, I have not uploaded that script yet. I'm not sure if I should offer this possibility in the same script or make a new separate script.

And I don't know how many of you would be interested in a thread-ignore feature anyway. But it does work!

From now on I can put threads on ignore and poof, gone they are!

Please, share!
    [Deleted User]
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Shandaxx said:

I have extended my ignore script: From now on it's possible to ignore threads. Instead of a person you'd enter the title of the thread in a new, different list.

Mind you, I have not uploaded that script yet. I'm not sure if I should offer this possibility in the same script or make a new separate script.

And I don't know how many of you would be interested in a thread-ignore feature anyway. But it does work!

From now on I can put threads on ignore and poof, gone they are!

This is even more useful than ignoring users. I usually scan the forum from the *recent discussions' view and need not to see stuff like "politics blabla" or just joke topics.
    [Deleted User]MirandelKusel
    Mirandel
    Shandaxx said:

Heh, I smell some interest in this :smiley:

That's great. Just give me till next weekend. And everything should be fine. :)

Not to be too pushy but... can we still hope to see your wonderful script? :)
    [Deleted User]
    Mirandel
    edited December 2017
    MirandelALIEN
    MirandelALIEN