Skip to content

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

Comments

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited December 2017
    So Steam appears to be trustworthy.
    Does Beamdog Client take time zone in each country into account?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited December 2017
    It seems, as lefreut said, that you only have access to the Betas via the Beamdog client if you've been enrolled to a previous Beta. Steam gives access to everyone, though.
    kaguanarede9RAM021
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    lefreut said:

I have downloaded 2.5 for BG1EE, BG2EE, IWDEE with the Beamdog Client. The only beta I couldn't get is SoD. Like @Doubledimas I already have access to the beta from the previous betas, it may be the reason why it work for us.

Indeed, as you say, SoD is not available for beta testing for me.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks a lot for the feedback. Let's wait till the office opens to better understand how everything works. So far, test what is available for you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    lefreut said:

rede9 said:

Let's summarize. Who managed to download what, whence, with?

I have downloaded 2.5 for BG1EE, BG2EE, IWDEE with the Beamdog Client. The only beta I couldn't get is SoD. Like @Doubledimas I already have access to the beta from the previous betas, it may be the reason why it work for us.
    This is definately the reason why. I can only get BG1EE and that was the only one I had access to from a previous beta.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Still no luck.
    edited December 2017
    Shandaxx said:

As far as I understand only the German VO from the original, vanilla game returns. Naturally this raises one question: How do you handle the German VO for the NEW content in BG2:EE?

They are remaining English beside German. Actually the game will be bilingual. You didn't thought Beamdog would endows new dubbing, did you?
    [Deleted User]Sam_
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    StefanO said:

Still no luck.

As I said, the problem with the beta access through the Client may find its solution only when the office opens.

StefanO said:

Still no luck.

As I said, the problem with the beta access through the Client may find its solution only when the office opens.
    Is it currently 6 AM in Canada? 4 hours left at least.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    rede9 said:

StefanO said:

Still no luck.

Is it currently 6 AM in Canada? 4 hours left at least.
    Canada has more than one timezone (6 actually, I think). Beamdog is in Edmonton, in the Mountain Time Zone, so it is UTC-7.
    Plus I hope you folks have mercy and understand some time will be needed to discuss and/or provide a solution.
    taclane
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited December 2017
    @JuliusBorisov - Can't they just cast Time Stop, work out a solution, and then post it? :wink::tongue:
    JuliusBorisovAerakarQueegonGrammarsalad

@JuliusBorisov - Can't they just cast Time Stop, work out a solution, and then post it? :wink::tongue:

I think computers don't work with Time Stop. A Room of Spirit and Time would suit better.

JuliusBorisov
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493

Plus I hope you folks have mercy and understand some time will be needed to discuss and/or provide a solution.

Mercy? She works at the Blushing Mermaid right?
    Aerakarlolien
    Shandaxx said:

The release version of the 2.5 Update will include the correct German VO for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition from the original Baldur’s Gate II, but it won’t be included in the beta.

@JuliusBorisov

As far as I understand only the German VO from the original, vanilla game returns.

Naturally this raises one question: How do you handle the German VO for the NEW content in BG2:EE?

We don't plan to do translations of VO for the new content. VO/Sounds not overridden by the language mod will play what is in the base game. So the existing English VO will likely play.
    rede9
    Attention everyone testing BG:EE!

The beta does not include SoD. So please, if you have SoD, uninstall it and run only BG:EE (with the blue interface) in order to test BG:EE.
    AndreaColomborede9lolienRAM021
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Meh, I have 0 dropdown menus, on any game, using the beamdog client. I don't even have one to wait for the others :cry:
    ThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Installed both BG1 and 2 betas via Steam now. Have to leave now tho, but will try it out on thursday I hope.
    JuliusBorisov
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @JuliusBorisov Are you planning to restore the higher quality voice files for the new BG2EE NPCs (bug report)? Difference of sound quality is considerable when you're playing the game with decent speakers.
    Aerakar
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    It seems the IWD:EE beta is only private....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AndreaColomboLeoNegusildaronLoldrup
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited December 2017
    argent77 said:

@JuliusBorisov Are you planning to restore the higher quality voice files for the new BG2EE NPCs (bug report)? Difference of sound quality is considerable when you're playing the game with decent speakers.

If I'm not mistaken, this was due to complaints that the original hi-definition files sounded too different from the voice files for the original NPCs. Me, I believe that if it isn't possible to improve the quality of the originals, consistency is preferable.

Is this also the case in BG:EE?
    ThacoBell
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Kilivitz said:

argent77 said:

If I'm not mistaken, this was due to complaints that the original hi-definition files sounded too different from the voice files for the original NPCs. Me, I believe that if it isn't possible to improve the quality of the originals, consistency is preferable.

Is this also the case in BG:EE?
    No, BG1EE and SoD voice files are still of much higher quality, similar to the original BG2EE soundclips in earlier 1.x patch versions.
    AerakarRavenslight
    @subtledoctor The Client is designed to help provide all the latest betas (head starts) for the players. The intent is exactly opposite to what you're describing - to be user-friendly, so that all customers always had an option for a beta. Just look at NWN:EE - the Head Start is only through the Client, which lets to gather all the feedback at one place.

@argent77 It's still TBD in terms of all the feature requests.

Re/no beta dropdown - there will be (ASAP) store pages on beamdog for opting into the beta (just like it works with the Head Start of NWN:EE currently).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

there will be (ASAP) store pages on beamdog for opting into the beta (just like it works with the Head Start of NWN:EE currently).

Meanwhile must I shut down the Client?

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @JuliusBorisov I DO use the new Beamdog client. There is no dropdown menu available and I have no access to any beta of any kind.
    AstroBryGuy
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    I started to Beta test BG II EE and IWD EE yesterday with 2,5 version. All seem good so far. Was quick to switch between portraits and gameplay looked good to me. I will keep sending feedbacks to both games.
    What is demanded to be qualified for the badges tho? Need to give at least 1 feedback? Been in both games? minimum x hours in the game? Or just download the beta version?

Regards

Tom F.
    JBDDAndreaColombo