Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    @tbone1

These things are sent to try us. :(

Shame some people can't spell, G, where's the G?

Not bitter, not bitter at all ;)
    tbone1Proont
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    My POWA is GROWING!

Name your progeny after me! Mwhahahah!

tbone1Proontlolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    What is a turnip holster? Presumably something to do with Jan?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

What is a turnip holster? Presumably something to do with Jan?

That's something you'll have to ask Uncle Gerhardt...
    PantalionProont
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2018
    elminster said:

Though no doubt scattered throughout time, confirmed records of the great sage Elminster go back to the 1800's.

For a while there, Michel Foucault got more coverage than Jesus Christ, and almost as much as Aristotle and Plato.

(fidddle with the results here)

(Yes, obviously a lot of valid concerns about methodology of data selection and interpretation can be raised here. I can think of at least ten without even trying. This was just for a lark.)
    elminsterProont
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Intriguing. I aways spend the deck on npcs so charname never suffers the bad consequences.
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited January 2018
    You're cruel, gambling with life of you friends like that... For solo no-reload this actually makes the deck usable.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Am I? I am sure some characters like korgan would love the gamble.

Some of these effects also allow a saving throw but u forgot which ones exactly.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    chimaera said:

That casting, or releasing Spell Trigger onto yourself doesn't break invisibility? With immunities you can practically run through level invisible sequencing 1500+ damage.

It works like that in the original too; both trigger and sequencer cast on self don't break invisibility. There used to be a bug, where only the caster's mr was checked for when casting on self. Not sure if this was fixed in the EE.
    In EE only trigger doesn't break invisibility, should be fixed for 2.5 though.

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Is Helmet of Dumathoin available in BG2 now? If not, then how will you stack all of those items and abilities?
    Yeah it's available in BG2 EE.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Multiclasses: Breaking the power curve since forever.
    Contemplative_Hamster
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    ThacoBell said:

Mages: Breaking the power curve since forever.

Let's not pretend that any of the other classes are adding much to this particular equation.
    ArtonaProont
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Did you know that with Robe of Vecna and Amulet of Power, you can cast Spell Immunities without casting time and all in the same round, like with Improved Alacrity?

As an example F/M/C can in one round with:

3 Spell Immunity Chain Contingency (Project Image can cast this from a scroll without losing it)
    5 Spell Immunities
    Armor of Faith Contingency
    Hardiness
    Defender of Easthaven
    Helmet of Dumathoin

, become immune to every spell, even Dispel, have 88 DR, still cast spells, and Gww everybody pretty risk free for a turn. Rest and do it all over again.

Interesting, @histamiini . Do you still think the Cavalier is the safest character?
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited January 2018
    @JuliusBorisov Depends, before SoA probably with better saves, poison and fear immunities, so you don't have to bother with them. Late game F/M/C is a lot safer. But I also think Spell Immunity is broken, why it's different to all other spells, that you can cast it as many times in a round you like?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

@JuliusBorisov Depends, before SoA probably with better saves, poison and fear immunities, so you don't have to bother with them. Late game F/M/C is surely safer. But I think Spell Immunity is broken, why it's different to all other spells, that you can cast it as many times in a round you like?

Nahal's Reckless Dweomer is the same, it's a function of the selection mechanism to bypass "aura" that usually restricts other spells.

Also, what do you think "Fighter" adds to Cleric/Mage survivability that the mage doesn't get from level 4 or below spells?
    histamiini
    edited January 2018
    @Pantalion Better Thac0 and apr, which adds to safety also. Don't know if M/C can tank Belhifet with LoB like F/M/C can.
    Pantalion