Skip to content

News about the 2.5 patch

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
The 2.5 update beta wraps up today. Don't miss the latest news about it:

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/01/2018-year-of-beamdog.html

Thank you all for the amazing feedback about the features & fixes added, multiplayer stability, and what you would like to see in future patches!
tbone1ThacoBellZaghoulrede9bleusteelBelleSorcieremlneveseProontArctoduslolienthemazingnesskaguanaLoxineyNecdilzorjackjack

Comments

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Does this mean if we have been playing in 2.5 we need to remain in 2.5 to keep save compatibility until it updates?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713

Does this mean if we have been playing in 2.5 we need to remain in 2.5 to keep save compatibility until it updates?

For IWD:EE, - most likely, yes. For BG1:EE and BG2:EE - I don't think it's a must.
    themazingnessProont
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @JuliusBorisov
    When should we be expecting the release?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947

@JuliusBorisov

Date doesn't matters; new features after the beta do.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713

@JuliusBorisov

Still hard to evaluate. The bug fixing is still being done, many of the public reports during the beta still are to be looked at in order to be fixed.
    edited January 2018
    Entrances displayed with quickloot is my favourite PSTee new feature. I really want it backported!
    In BG towns they are not easy to find (like Keexie Tavern).
    Loldrup
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/944555/#Comment_944555
    Many spell's behaviours have become fuzzy. Has Beamdog done a mess purposely?
    rede9 said:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/944555/#Comment_944555
    Many spell's behaviours have become fuzzy. Has Beamdog done a mess purposely?

Although the bug "Cleric spell Sanctuary should not be ended by casting Bless" had been fixed, not all has been completed regarding updating passive aggressive spells with 'remove sanctuary', this is why you've seen the current behavior in the beta. It should be fine in the release version of the 2.5 patch.
    AndreaColombo
  • Sophiel777Sophiel777 Member Posts: 54
    Any news on the release?
    StummvonBordwehr
    Not yet. The patch needs a bit of additional testing.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Not yet. The patch needs a bit of additional testing.

As well as more bugfixing :smile:

JuliusBorisovlefreut_Luke_Proont
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    How are things coming along with this patch?
    Musaab said:

How are things coming along with this patch?

Some statistics from Redmine.

Last version to which bugfixes are attributed: 2.5.12.4

Last fixed bug in BG:EE according to redmine on 28-1-2018.
    Last fixed bug in BG2:EE according to redmine on 25-1-2018.
    Last fixed bug in Infinity Engine according to redmine on 27-1-2018.
    Last fixed bug in IWD:EE according to redmine on 28-1-2018.

Remaining submitted bugs:
    1. BG:EE 244
    2. BG2:EE 109
    3. IE: 149
    4. IWD:EE 47
    Compared with my previous count

BG: 241 submitted bugs
    BG2: 110 submitted bugs
    IE: 168 submitted bugs
    IWD: 51 submitted bugs

makes it look like only (-24+3) 21 bugs were closed. But that count included 220 bugfixes in the next update section. Now it are already 252 which means +32 fixes. In the meantime new bugs have been identified. Some bug fixes (esp. for multiplayer) are still in the works (I presume) as especially Julius has been generating repro cases for those bugs.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrProont
    edited February 2018
    Searching through everything there are 26 Submitted bugs with [multiplayer] in the title and one with [MP]. This is both old bugs and new (v2.5) ones. More than half (17) of them reported by Julius, Decimator of Multiplayer-bugs!

I'd reckon that those at least need some fixing (as 2.5 is supposed to be a multiplayer-patch) before we get the update.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited February 2018
    I'd also like to note that actually the last stream which happened 3.5 (working) days ago provided an update on the patch:

The team is working on the 2.5 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. The beta turned up a number of fixes required before the release of the update. We'll have more to share about it soon.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    StummvonBordwehrfetito666SssiksseilorAerakar
    I'm curious about the 'exciting stuff' that's coming that has not been talked about yet (according to the stream). :smile:
    Proont
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I'm still hoping for SoD on the Mac App Store - suspect we will not get I until the iOS packaging issues (mostly file size?) have been resolved.
    lefreut said:

I'm curious about the 'exciting stuff' that's coming that has not been talked about yet (according to the stream). :smile:

A lot of people will disagree, but I don't want new stuff at least not right now. I want them to focus on fixing all the remaining bugs and even more importantly all the regressions from 2.5.

Considering what happens with the previous big pathces, new stuff, especially without an open beta to test it, will have a good chance to be broken.
    I agree with your position, however, that really depends on what 'exciting stuff' really is. Might be that it is not 'new' stuff (in the sense of for example another UI overhaul), but something different altogether. Which is why I am curious.

JuliusBorisovkanisatha
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited February 2018

I agree with your position, however, that really depends on what 'exciting stuff' really is. Might be that it is not 'new' stuff (in the sense of for example another UI overhaul), but something different altogether. Which is why I am curious.

The new stuff may be the Mizhena revision. That would explain why we didn't get a 2.5 beta for SoD.
  • GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
    The most exciting thing for me will simply be the ability to play cross platform multiplayer. I've been waiting for that since BGEE was first announced. I couldn't care less about any other new features.
    tbone1[Deleted User]
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    " This patch will restore original German VO for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition."
    What with polish translation and VO? We can install it unofficially for almost 1 year,
    [Deleted User]
    Etamin said:

" This patch will restore original German VO for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition."
    What with polish translation and VO? We can install it unofficially for almost 1 year,

The work is being done on including it as well.
    bob_vengfetito666Etamin
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Thanks for the ongoing updates :)

Any news on whether the issues keeping the 2.x series of patches out of the Mac App Store are being addressed yet, or is that scheduled for work after the rest of the bugs are resolved? Sunday will mark the 3 year anniversary of the last (and only) update shipping to Mac customers for BG2EE (longer for BGEE) and we have spent most of them jealous of Mac customers from other online stores who have fixes for the tiny fonts in tooltips, and constant crashes from the sound drivers. (I mention these two issues as while they can be worked around, they are frustrating and are a common theme on the Mac App Store review front page.)
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    @GreenWarlock The 2.5 patch will be released in all stores, including the Mac App Store.
    Garvin77