Skip to content

Pillars of Eternity 2:Deadfire announced spoilers for pillars1 ABSOLUTELY NO PILLARS 2 SPOILERS PLS

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Shandaxx said:

So I decided that I will give the remaining beta-key to the first person who will post a picture of broccoli on Anduin's activity page.

Starting now.

Who won?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited December 2017
    Did Obsidian say something about tweaks and changes? Especially on the talent system?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Ok!
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    There has been mention of some kind of universal talent pool being reintroduced as a result of feedback.
    Yes. It is gorgeous!
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    They need to make an enhanced edition of the first game with the improved graphics :)
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Backer keys have been sent out.
    Not sure how I feel about the parallax in the background when there is no parallax in the foreground.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    anyone that played the beta know if the game runs fine or at all with direct ex 10? the direct ex 11 compatable point is concerning me as besides that it's the same specs as poe1 and it ran somewhat fine on my 6 year old laptop.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    So, folks, what is your opinion on the fact PoE II will let only 5 party members, not 6?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

So, folks, what is your opinion on the fact PoE II will let only 5 party members, not 6?

Anger and disgust.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I can't really be bothered to be bothered by it.

Perfectly happy. Indeed pleased that they have decided that just because Baldur's Gate did it that way they don't have to copy it. There is nothing magic about the number 6.
    5 is a good number.
    Less than 5 would be bad.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

For a completely new game, it would have been fine (even the 4 of Tyranny was ok). But for a sequel, I don't like the change. I like things to be consistent :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited March 2018
    Fardragon said:

Perfectly happy. Indeed pleased that they have decided that just because Baldur's Gate did it that way they don't have to copy it. There is nothing magic about the number 6.
    Say that to someone who believes in numerology :wink:

I particularly like big groups but it's perfectly possible to play a game with 5, 4 or even less.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Not a concern for myself at all because of the dynamics of how the game plays out. With the Stash that is available on standard difficulty, it doesn't play a part in inventory management like in the IE series. I understand some do not like inventory management but I always found it added another layer to the party, like in pen and paper there are times you just can't take something because it is simply too heavy. Plus I enjoy inventory management. It's even better in NWN with different sized items :)

Just as long as POE2 continues with full party control I am a happy camper.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Take Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad. They were considered "disappointing" critically, but they sold $1.5 billion in movie tickets. Is Warner Bros fretting about the critical reception? No, they're happily counting their returns and letting Zack Snyder make Justice League.

They might be fretting a bit now, though. ;)