Skip to content

The topic for unhappiness/vent your sorrow

Comments

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

I met with another orthopedic surgeon this morning and he is happy to operate on me. Might be as soon as Wednesday!

Just like in games, it's always nice when loose ends get tied up. I'm happy for you, I hope it works out okay.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @tbone1 Sorry man, I know that hurt. Our dog died at the vets as well about two years ago and still not ready for another. I swear it takes alot out of a person to go through watching a decline in health, with people or critters.
    He looks like he could have had about whatever he wanted with that kinda look on his face. :)
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    I wish more people participated in Spell-making. It feels somewhat lonely there... :/

I assure you, it'll be interesting there! :) I just need the participation of some enthusiasts who love Arcane spells!

My operation was successful. Now it's 4 weeks with an arm sling..

@FinneousPJ Great! All I can say is take recovery as easy as they suggest. Do they have any PT scheduled for you at home or in-office? That darn sling gets old, I tell ya. It's amazing how much that pec muscle get used just in everyday movements. :)
    How's the pain lvl doing afterwards so far?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Zaghoul Well I'm high on codeine so it's fine. Still hurts a bit and there's an annoying sensation of tension in the muscle. It makes me wanna squeeze it which makes it worse lol

I have PT scheduled in 4 wks after the sling comes off. Meanwhile they told me to move the other joints except the shoulder best I can.
    @FinneousPJ Sounds about right. Yeah, no squeezin. ;) I had to learn to brush my teeth with my opposite arm (not easy, heh). NOT trying to use the affected arm/area which flexes the pec muscle is hard to do. I used a wedge pillow to sleep on that helped getting up without using my arm.
    Good on the PT being scheduled after a while, goes slow but I think you'll get there after a while. Glad ya got the meds, docs here skimp on it more cause they are monitored a little more closely now with pain meds.
    I hear ya though, hurts even with that. The tension thing should improve, esp. after the PT, as not moving it now for a while will tighten things up for a bit, plus the muscle was looser than all get out after being torn loose.

Hey, rough as it is though, the good thing is, at least now your on the road to recovery and not stuck in a position of a busted chest as the first doc was content with leaving ya in. B)
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    Injustice...
    edited February 2018
    @Zaghoul regarding the meds I got 10 oxycodone from the hospital in addition To The 200 pc codeine prescription and man these things rock your f**king tits off. I kinda get the epidemic now.

But yeah it's difficult for the moment but I am grateful to be on the road to recovery
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137

regarding the meds I got 10 oxycodone from the hospital in addition To The 200 pc codeine prescription and man these things rock your f**king tits off.

Really defeats the purpose of having tit reattachment surgery.
    Im glad you enjoyed my drug induced pun :D

@Zaghoul regarding the meds I got 10 oxycodone from the hospital in addition To The 200 pc codeine prescription and man these things rock your f**king tits off. I kinda get the epidemic now.

But yeah it's difficult for the moment but I am grateful to be on the road to recovery

@FinneousPJ I'm hearing ya. Sounds like they got the dosage right at least. I've had to ween myself off pain meds used at high doses for weeks at a time for 2 major surgeries in the last eight years. I to have come to understand how easy it would be for someone to get hooked on them, as many have. Awful stuff to come off of, but very much needed for recovery.
    I figger everyone deserves a little feel good after being cut on, hehheh. ;):)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Fun fact: I had a bad trip when I accidentally overdosed when recovering from having my wisdom teeth pulled. That was an interesting Thanksgiving.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Makes me think I got kinda gypped when I got Vicodin after my appendectomy and experienced no wacky mind-bending side effects.
    edited February 2018

Makes me think I got kinda gypped when I got Vicodin after my appendectomy and experienced no wacky mind-bending side effects.

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @joluv: What's that from?
    edited February 2018
    Madeline. Plot summary for the uninitiated, since it's not entirely irrelevant to this thread:
    Madeline is a brave little girl at a boarding school in Paris. She gets appendicitis and has to have an appendectomy, which is a bummer. But then she ends up with lots of presents and a rad scar.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

That may mean they got the dosage right. Thank your lucky stars.

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    @Zaghoul
    I fully agree
    Pain relief has always been and is still problematic. Relieving pain has become easy, but it only treats the sympthoms not the cause - being mental or physical.

The first mass scale problems where seen after the american civil war. Newly discovered Morphine and syringes made operations (read amputation...) easier. Seen as a giant step in medicine, the soldier responded really well to the morphine - too well. Some historians believe that the treatments created 400.000 drug addicted veterans. The numbers may be wrong but the horror that the veterans and their families had to face was very real. They called it soldiers disease

It may be history from more than 150 years ago, but I fear that we have come only a short way. Being a Balkan veteran my self (serving in a quiet place), I have served with young men who had seen and experienced horror, that all should be without. They treated them selves with recreational drugs, and little else. Pain relief is easy - recovery is hard.

For all of you recovering, hang in there. We can only give you our thoughts and prayers (what ever we adhere to)
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I'm one of the lucky ones that ibuprofen works the best for. Opiates just plug me up for the most part. I did chew a vicoden tablet once just to see what the hubbub was about and it did give me a nice feeling of euphoria. I'm apparently in no risk of getting addicted but I keep that experience in the back of my mind in case I need a sleep aid sometime in the future. I slept like a baby!
    My wife and son seem to be immune to pain relievers. They have such fun at hospitals...
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited February 2018
    ThacoBell said:

My wife and son seem to be immune to pain relievers. They have such fun at hospitals...

Doesn't sound like it... :'(
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    ThacoBell said:

It hurts evne to read this...
    Luckily their pain tolerance is insane. My son was rolling around on his stomach less than a week after heart surgery (at 6 months), while my wife's response to going into labor was, "This is it?"