Skip to content

Your Greatest Facepalm Moment?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited February 2018
    i remember doing the paladin stronghold a couple weeks ago, and i was at the Inn in the umar hills, and i was conversing with the wizard in there, and when things started to escalate out of control, his final excuse was that he was filthy rich and could do whatever he wanted, and i was thinking; is that so bud? lets look at the back pocket here...... yup, over 100 000 gold, so...... how rich are you really? richer than me? doubtful, but of coarse no option to say so, so instead, turned the holmes into bacon bits, but i guess he was wad anyway, so win/win i suppose

EDIT: oops, i thought this was the baldur's gate logic thread, @ZaramMaldovar your name threw me off, hahaha
    ProontlolienNeoptolemus
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I too felt compelled to start a FMT run the other day (that thread!!!!) but didn't die to the cutscene arrow - I've always wondered it that was possible.
    sarevok57
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @sarevok57
    Apparently I'm famous for only two things
    1. The Baldur's Gate Logic Thread
    2. Discussing my character
    3. FIRE!

I'm sorry those are three things, my bad. I'm a little trigger happy.
    sarevok57ProontThacoBelllolien
    Here's a facepalm moment

Just a few minutes ago I posted on the meme thread and my memes ended up getting all jumbled up causing me to edit the post five times....it's still not in the right order but at least the major problems were fixed.
    sarevok57Proont
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Gallenger said:

I too felt compelled to start a FMT run the other day (that thread!!!!) but didn't die to the cutscene arrow - I've always wondered it that was possible.

Yeah, if you end the cutscene before the arrow hits you, it does regular damage. ouch.
    Quartz[Deleted User]Malicronlolien
    ThacoBell said:

Gallenger said:

Yeah, if you end the cutscene before the arrow hits you, it does regular damage. ouch.
    indeed, in fact i was looking at the script for that cut scene fight one day, and what actually happens, is that your character is given the belt of "minimum 1 HP" so you can't actually die from that arrow ( so in case you were a mage with 4 HP you wouldn't die in one hit on insane)

and then when the cut scene ends, you are healed and the belt is taken away

luckily when the game auto saved, the arrow did not auto save with it, or else my roll of a 96 FMT could have been in reload limbo haha
    ProontQuartzlolien
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    so you can stop cutscenes using escape? Thanks!
    lolien
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Oh. Well Half-thanks then! (got BGEE 2.0, BG2EE 1.3) :-)
    sarevok57lolien
    set AI to cast protection from evil 10' radius on team at all times

wake up from 8 hour rest and accidentally move my cleric while casting said spell

ah spell failure, good times
    Proontlolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Loxiney said:

I'm new to the game. It took me some time to realize my sword has been broken.

This one still gets me. Its easy for the "weapon broken" message to get lost in the combat log.
    Loxineydunbarlolien
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    yeah i never know it's broken until i look in my inventory. and one time it broke after i bought it and rested.
    ThacoBellProontlolien
    @recklessheart
    That is some epic failure, the kind you talk about for the rest of your life.
    recklessheart
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    JoenSo said:

When I realized that you can scroll down in the list of thief skills when you level up. A whole new world of illusion detecting and successful trap setting opened up for me. If only I could've seen that world through the palms covering my face as I realized how long I had played the game without knowing this basic thing.

Hahaha, that's so funny I want to cry, cry tears of joy! I'm sorry if this is awkward, but I am literally burst-laughing my ass off right now!