Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Or you could just ask the original artist for permission or maybe just have something arranged in private.
    The point is that the modified version of the image doesn't get redistributed without the original artist's consent.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
    The problem is that i don't know the original artist nor i know how to find him. The only hint is a name that i do not even am able to read on the picture.

I'm really not that good with pc, internet and such.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Or you could just ask the original artist for permission or maybe just have something arranged in private.
    The point is that the modified version of the image doesn't get redistributed without the original artist's consent.

This is the best way to act, yes.

@Masterteo Just Right-click the picture and choose Search Picture (Google)

This is the pic: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XP5gR Shyvana the Half-Dragon by Mazert Young

As @Artemius_I said, you had to source the artist and the picture when even posting it here.

Anyway, it's always good to show the right way of working with art in the Internet to any new person.
    lolienThacoBell
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Eh, dont bother. The going rate forhigh quality pics can be 200 dollars or more. It is not like the pics are not worth that; put 20 hours into a pic and that is 10 dollars per hour salary. It is just that who can afford it?
    DJKajuruWise_Grimwald
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Astafas said:

Could you please either upload or link to the female portrait that's in between Coran and Garrick?

Thanks in advance.
    Sanctifer
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    I'm just glad to see this thread becoming active again. I love seeing new BG portraits.
    Aedan
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    @Kamigoroshi I'm so happy to see some Goblins being posted. :)
    ThacoBell
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448

Astafas said:

Could you please either upload or link to the female portrait that's in between Coran and Garrick?

Thanks in advance.
    I've sent you a PM. Can't share it here, as it is a heavily modified (by me) version of a portrait done by another artist.
    SharGuidesMyHand
    Hello,
    i have a picture and i would like to ask you if some of you is able to do a BG2 whole figure, hi-res image for a warrior kind of elf.

There are 2 problems :

1- the picture i have, and that i'll post here, is only of her face.

2- i can't find the author of this picture, do you have any idea on how to find him ? I don't want to use his drawing without his/her permission.

This is the picture :

Mirandel
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Wow. I am the first to admit that i'm not a genius of computer-related matters. Far from it.
    But i googled it, i searched on artstation... and i did not found it.

You instead founded it in less than 20 minutes. Amazing. What's your secret ?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    I found it with Google Image reverse image search.
    lolien
    Ok, thank you. I'm using that now and i'm finding also other pictures.

But i ask you, then, do you know how to find pictures like the one i'm posting here now ?

I was able to understand that it was made by a certain chembo on deviantart / Bo Chen on art station.

But the original image can't be found on Deviantart / artstation. So, do you know a way to find it ?

It's another potential image for a bg2 character, probably a thief one

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Masterteo said:Ok, thank you. I'm using that now and i'm finding also other pictures.

But i ask you, then, do you know how to find pictures like the one i'm posting here now ?

I was able to understand that it was made by a certain chembo on deviantart / Bo Chen on art station.

But the original image can't be found on Deviantart / artstation. So, do you know a way to find it ?

It's another potential image for a bg2 character, probably a thief one

I see your problem. :(
    See ?
    The original picture of this last image that i posted is impossible to find.
    And that's strange. I mean, we know the artist because online there are renditions of his drawing, but we can't find the author's original one...
    @Masterteo However the image is not good enough for a portrait. It will look very blurred.
    edited February 2018

Cait (reworked) by LuckyFK
    More really scaly scalies are always needed. Approved by Deekin.

I really like this portrait but I have no idea what D&D race it can be associated with... Little help? :p
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Dev6 said:

Cait (reworked) by LuckyFK
    More really scaly scalies are always needed. Approved by Deekin.

I really like this portrait but I have no idea what D&D race it can be associated with... Little help? :p
    Half dragon or some variety of tiefling, most likely.
    Dev6ThacoBellProontJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2018
    I would say tiefling.
    There is a sub-race mod which includes tiefling. It is slightly buggy, but the bugs can be ironed out using EEkeeper.
    Dev6JuliusBorisov
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Dev6 said:

I really like this portrait but I have no idea what D&D race it can be associated with...

The 100 meter dash. [ducks into bunker]

Dev6Proont
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Dev6 said:

That is a Tiefling Dragon Disciple for sure.

Dev6Proont
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Close, she's an half-elf half-dragon lady according to the artist. The nose is a dead giveaway to that after all. :p
    Dev6ThacoBellProontAstafas
    Whatever she is, she'll be a part of my next party for sure. :)
    I should have guessed the half-dragon bit from the length of the neck.
    She is however VERY similar to some of the tiefling illustrations that I have seen.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    edited February 2018

I may repeat myself here. But more scalies are always needed.