Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• NecroscopeNecroscope Member Posts: 38
    You rename the above with an L or M respectively and they'll appear in the Character page and on the side bar during game play looking good. I don't and will probably never play SoD though, that may change things up a bit?
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    - Hi, is this the health center? Well, you see, the strangest thing happened on my vacation. In short: horns. Two of them. Yeah, I would say clearly more than your average lump in the forehead. Also, I suspect the sunscreen lotion I bought was something entirely else. I'm red now. Very red. Could I pop in for a quick check?

Meet Astafas, the lawful neutral Tiefling Monk (colors are a bit off here, but he looks more red and less pink ingame).

• JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 99
    I really like your portraits, do you have some more in mind?
  • ScarsUnseenScarsUnseen Member Posts: 170
    Well, I'd eventually like to do all of them, but I'm still working on getting an actual workflow going. Right now it's as much experimentation as anything else. I've been working on various versions of Viconia, but it's particularly tricky getting a face that looks good both as an elf and with darkened skin and has the right kind of attitude for Viconia in particular.

I'm also planning on experimenting with hand painting armor once my new Surface Pen come in the mail. Right now I'm doing everything with a trackball.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Hmm random thought, but could Ryan Gosling pass as Kivan?

Seems like he's perfect for that gloomy expression Kivan has in his portrait ;)
  • ScarsUnseenScarsUnseen Member Posts: 170
    I try to avoid using anyone too well known, so as to avoid the actor or model becoming the focal point rather than the character I'm trying to capture. For example, I had been working on one version of Viconia that I thought looked good, but after having a nagging feeling that I recognized the source photo(which I found through random searching), I did an image search and realized she was Natalie Dormer from Game of Thrones. Since then, I started doing my image searches before doing any work on the portrait.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    I really really like that pic you made, so sorry for saying this, but the dots need some, uhh, smearing or whatever that shoop tool is called.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623

Yeah, this one really was a rush job. I plan to go back and fix this one once I'm done with the Aerie portrait I'm working on. I typically spend about a week of spare time making sure I have everything the way I want (though as I improve I see stuff in my "finished" portraits I want to change), but this one I did in about an hour so I could post it in a Reddit thread. When I go back, I'll likely change pretty much everything except the source photo itself (which really is just perfect for Xzar).

Speaking of russian through portraits I did on a whim, here's something that kind of resembles Minsc a bit that I posted on Reddit a while back. Definitely not my best work, so I hope you'll forgive me for putin such a half-hearted effort on here.

Putin is chaotic good? Damn, those DnD alignments truly are confusing!
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited August 2017
    Certainly Chaotic!!!
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Note the lanyard. He's just cosplaying.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    That may be the greatest thing I've seen since Tony Kansan described Lewis Hamilton as "finishing second in a two-car competition".
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    I'm just gonna sit here and pretend Boo is Trump.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    He's got a Boo up his sleeve.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I went home to China for a while and watched the 2017 adaptation of The Legend of the Condor Heroes. One thing led to another and...

Li Yitong as Huang Rong from The Legend of the Condor Heroes
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

For those who haven't already seen them, our local Japanese modder @norilm uploaded alternative BG1:EE and SoD portraits on his website. Previously there were only portraits for BG2:EE NPC's.

M'Khiin's new portrait is especially well done methinks:

Is there any way we could get these portraits without the names underneath? I would love to use some of these not as alternate NPC portraits but as actual charnames.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    These are all excellent portraits. Well done to the artist @Kamigoroshi !
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2017
    @Aerakar I had no hand in their creation. All of them are @norilm 's glorios works of art. The only thing I did was mentioning them here for others to appreciate.

@Dev6 Not at the moment. It seems like @norilm plans to finish his portrait pack first. Voghiln, Xan, Xzar and Yeslick still are missing after all. But it shouldn't take all too long, given how active he is now. Tiax was just uploaded after all. After that probably comes some retouches to his older Viconia, Wilson and Yoshimo BG2 portraits in order to match his newer portrait style. That in itself should be much faster than creating portaits from scratch.

That is to say, even with their names written on do they make for awesome alternatives. I currently use them as is too. But I am also eager for his complete pack as well. :wink:

Edit: Dang is he fast, since my post he has uploaded his retouched Viconia and Wilson portraits! :D

Post edited by Kamigoroshi on
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @donciro , You bear a striking resemblance to Eldoth, especially with that expression. I mean that as a compliment. The guy may be a douchebag as a character, but I think he's good-looking.