Skip to content

[mod] Skie - The Cost of One Girl's Soul

Comments

• StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited February 2018
    Sorry, but I haven't finished SoA at the time the error occurred. The XP cut was removed, and the 3 character party had nearly 4 Mio XP (Skie was at level 28) per character. I stopped playing the game at the end of chapter 6 because I'm not really interested in playing high level characters. Too god-like for my taste.

I enjoyed Skie very much, specially at the beginning. At the end, she was a high level thief pimped to the max.

LavaDelVortel
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Well, at least you had fun in the begining. Anyway, thanks for letting me know :)
  • parmenides14parmenides14 Member Posts: 11
    I'm trying this mod out, but I don't know how to start the quests (component A or B). I picked up the quest item from the Chateau, but it didn't trigger anything. Since then I've been all over Athkatla doing quests and sleeping at inns, but nothing further has happened. Can I get a hint on how to trigger the quest? Thanks!
    edited February 2018
    @parmenides14 - Uhm, sleeping with in taverns has nothing to do with the component A. But when you got the quest item, wasn't there any journal entry? Check if you have an active quest somehow connected to that item.

What you should do, if it's active, is taking the Soultaker to Ribald and ask if he can help you somehow. After that, leave his shop.
  • parmenides14parmenides14 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks, Lava. I was getting some "invalid link" errors from...
    ...Cromwell from some out-of-date mods (haven't played BG2 in a while). I had figured it was either Cromwell or Maheer that I had to talk to, and that maybe Cromwell was busted. I started from a fresh install and things are working... of course it was Ribald all along.

Thanks for your quick reply. Congrats on a great mod, I'm enjoying Skie as a companion. She's straight out of "Clueless", I love it :p
    edited February 2018
    Hmm, weird. But sometimes it may be indeed risky to use really outdated mods on EE. Anyway, enjoy! :) And thanks for giving this mod a shot!
  • AnardilAnardil Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2018
    Disgregard this post please :p
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Thanks again for your hard work in making mods for this game, @LavaDelVortel. It is truly appreciated. I do have one question: without invoking spoilers, is this mod suitable for an evil play-through? You stipulate that saving Skie comes with a price: is this something an evil character still might do from a RP standpoint?
    Hi! Well, you're welcome.
    As for the question - it depends. I don't know to be honest. I'm not sure why an evil character would care about Skie or the dagger anyway. I would just advice to install the mod and if you decide that this is not something your character would do, then... just skip the rest of the quest once you decide the price is too high and unacceptable by your character. There are like 3 chances to drop the quest / resign.
    OrlonKronsteen
    I am happy to announce that new version of Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul is now available. It includes another crossmod conent - now with Sir Ajantis. The NPC may now both comment during the quest AND chat with Skie if they are both in party.

Thank you, @jastey , for working on this with me and helping with the update of the mod when I was busy with other matters!

Also, with this update I've decided to move from 0.99 versions to 1.00. The mod is in a pretty good shape and I am happy with its state.
    ThacoBellmegamike15Aedanlolien
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Thank you! Writing the crossmod was fun. Update of the Ajantis mod will take a bit longer as I made other changes, too, which I need to finish, first.
    LavaDelVortel
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it's nice seeing skie getting all this cross mod content. normally lava's mods tend to be with just his own mods or with Artemius_I's [ hint hint]. so seeing her getting content with the people like xan, ajantis, and isra is great.
    LavaDelVortel
    edited March 2018
    Well, it depends on what mod authors are reachable and have some time to spare. Also remember that there are many talks between my characters and NPCs developed by other authors in G3 Crossmod Banter Pack. Install it and you'll get Foundling talk to Arath. Yvette will talk to Isra. There is some great content there. A pity people tend to forget about that mod. And that banter pack includes most of my NPCs and they talk to Kulyok ones, Rhaella's companions, Kaeloree ones... Check it out.
    CaszidyIsewein
  • BleriotBleriot Member Posts: 31

it's nice seeing skie getting all this cross mod content. normally lava's mods tend to be with just his own mods or with Artemius_I's [ hint hint]. so seeing her getting content with the people like xan, ajantis, and isra is great.

You need to take the Lava (aka Artemius) mods in homoeopatic portions. As nice as they are, too many in the party at the same time makes you feel like a stranger in our own group while they start a life of their own. Since they all have the same *tone* you get confused who's talking after a time.
    Each of them taken at one time and mixed with other people's NPC is more enjoyable. otherwise it feels like just one person talks to you all the time.
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    G3 Crossmod Banter pack is a MUST :+1: Never ever play without it :)
    LavaDelVortel
    Well, the mod is released anyway and I'm not going to release a 3rd mod on that topic, hah. And I wanted to do something smaller. Anyway, I think I heard that before, maybe I watched some bits of that stream... I don't remember. Anyway, making what they planned would feel weird. Like taking their ideas and thoughts and making them my own. Nah, I would rather stick with something of my own.

BTW, it's good to see you back, Swit.
    ThacoBelllolien
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Bleriot said:

Since they all have the same *tone* you get confused who's talking after a time.
    Each of them taken at one time and mixed with other people's NPC is more enjoyable. otherwise it feels like just one person talks to you all the time.

Lolwhat? If you’re a bad writer, then maybe...

On another note - I should point out that NPC modders aren’t a very active community anymore and most of the past modders are basically gone. I was surprised to hear that Lava was able to get this crossmod made at all. After all, adding stuff related to another modder’s work without their input is very bad taste.
  • exylonexylon Member Posts: 3
    Hi @LavaDelVortel. I run into problem that I can't solve. Skie worked flawlessly through SOA, but things stared to look less colorful when I advanced to TOB. While interactions with other Ncps are working well, every time Skie tries to talk with Charname music starts to play, Skie moves and then... nothing. I already tried messing with EE Keeper. I even tried to advance to another dialogue, but that didn't solve anything. Problem still occurs even on fresh install without mods. I already checked scripts, but I didn't find anything. I'll try to solve this on my end, but I wanted to notify You that such bug occured.

If I manage to fix this somehow I'll be sure to let You know.

Anyway, I must congratulate You for another great mod. Thank You for your hard work. I just can't imagine future playthroughs without Skie :)

LavaDelVortel
    Thanks! :) I'm glad you like her :)
    So, do you know when exactly the problem started to appear? Perhaps there was some exact moment when the weird behaviour became quite clear?

Thanks! :) I'm glad you like her :)
    So, do you know when exactly the problem started to appear? Perhaps there was some exact moment when the weird behaviour became quite clear?

The problem occurs every time Skie tries to force interaction with Charname no matter where, or when. As for when it occured; not long after starting TOB. I was strolling through Saradush when first-timed talk tried to kick in. I played with timer in EE Keeper and it doesn't matter if I'm accelerating time, or wait patiently until timer runs out. I suspect that something keeps scripts from working correctly.

LavaDelVortel
    edited March 2018
    @exylon - just uploaded v1.1 and it should solve all problems (check the first post for the new package). Sorry, it was a really stupid mistake. The script calls wrong dialogue file (the SoA one). If it's impossible for you to reinstall the mod, try replacing script in override with this one.
    bob_vengexylonlolien
    @LavaDelVortel Wow! That was fast. Everything works perfectly now. Thank you. :) I feel stupid that I didn't notice it earlier. Shows how much I have to learn about scripting. Anyway, I really appreciate your help. :)
    Now, If You excuse me... I have to finish something ;)
    LavaDelVortellolien
    Sure! Have fun!
    exylon
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Hi @LavaDelVortel , I am sorry for bothering you, but I didn't find it anywhere so my question is - is there crossmod banters between Skie and also yours Will of the Wisps? Or in which order should I install Skie and Will?
    As in Skie Read Me says:
    Crossmod talks included in the mod: Fade, Foundling, Quayle, Petsy, Will, Yvette, Varshoon, Verr'Sza, Xan, Tiax, Coran, Branwen, Adrian, Isra, Ninde, Ajantis.

Just Install Skie a after installing any of those NPCs :)
    Caszidy
    is it possible to remove the Irenicus from imoen' dialogue after finding the dagger? we don't find out his name until we talk to the driads.

also where is the person i'm supposed to be looking for in the slums?
    LavaDelVortelThacoBell

Oh, that's really where we hear the name for the very first time? Huh, I never noticed that. I will need to take a look at that, but it's not a priority.

As for the person - which exactly person :P The main one to help you with what must be done with the dagger, or some person that must agree for a certain sacrifice?
    Nem

Nem should be next to the area entrance: coordinates - 3320.2860. Note that she will only appear if you talked to Ribald about the quest item and then you were approached by Brelm. But I suppose that happened as you already know her name.