Skip to content

Your Greatest Facepalm Moment?

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Always sucks when it's a Two Handed Sword. Money's tight in the Candlekeep Tutorial and those things cost like seventy gold.
    lolien
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Always sucks when it's a Two Handed Sword. Money's tight in the Candlekeep Tutorial and those things cost like seventy gold.

63 with 18 CHA :)
    Chroniclerlolien
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    JoenSo said:

Skatan said:

JoenSo said:

When I realized that you can scroll down in the list of thief skills when you level up. A whole new world of illusion detecting and successful trap setting opened up for me. If only I could've seen that world through the palms covering my face as I realized how long I had played the game without knowing this basic thing.

Hahaha, that's so funny I want to cry, cry tears of joy! I'm sorry if this is awkward, but I am literally burst-laughing my ass off right now!
    This isn't awkward! Who's awkward?? I'm not awkward! YOU are awkward!! Now let's never talk about this again.
    You’re not alone, this happened to me to. I was always like, “Damn, thieves are useless!”
    Yeah...
    SkatanProontJoenSololien
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

so what i think may be the first time this has ever happend. my sword broke during the candle keep tutorial.

Yep, it sucks. That’s why, in the prelude, I always attack with a quarter staff. Unless I’m a monk, of course.
    lolien
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    JoenSo said:

I am now tempted to write a fantasy setting where all swear words are weapons.

"Flailing maces! Now look what you've done, you bolt-slinging sack of scimitars!

Broad-sword can be seen as kinda sexist as well
    ThacoBellmashedtatersProont
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    In some of my 1st playthroughs
    1. I ignored stats
    2. I ignored weapon proficiences
    3. I just assumed that swords were always better
    4. I didn't use autopause (to be fair my mom also didn't use autopause and it turned out okay for her)

I wasn't very smart even for a 12 year old.
    mashedtatersProontLoldruplolien
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

3. I just assumed that swords were always better

Swords are always better!
    mashedtatersProontsarevok57lolien
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Dev6
    Tell that to the Flail of Ages
    ThacoBellProontMalicronGotural
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    JoenSo said:

But imagine if the Flail of ages had five swords as heads.

See, this guy gets it. :tongue:
    JoenSomashedtatersProontlolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

JoenSo said:

I am now tempted to write a fantasy setting where all swear words are weapons.

"Flailing maces! Now look what you've done, you bolt-slinging sack of scimitars!

Broad-sword can be seen as kinda sexist as well
    Now you have me thinking of Munchkin. They have an item called "The Broadsword" that can only be used by women. Men have the "Gentlemen's Club".
    Montresor_SPmashedtatersProontMalicron