Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android BGEE

GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
Hi @Xhoblaim, and welcome to the forum.

Just layout your request for the mods you want included in this discussion. If the mod(s) have multiple components, then make sure you list the components that you want. Just check the version of BGEE that you have to make sure it is v1.3.2070.

If you can, layout the mods within a 'Spoiler', located under the reverse IP (actually a Paragraph Marker) icon in the comment tools, or use 'Attach File' (the icon that looks like a page with a bent corner) to upload a text file with the list.

What device and version of Android will this be going onto?

Hope that helps
Gus
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    Ok i checked the version of the game and its 1.3.2064. The android device is an LG Escape 3. Now to make that mod layout....
    Ok so... I found an old pack you made i think, called freakydoo mods or somethin. I used the txt file and edited it to reflect the changes desired ( hope its legible). Couldnt figure out an easier way so i hope this works. I noticed when editing that there doesnt appear to be any way to allow any class to use any item they want. Is that even possible? And me last question be.. I came across this forum that has cool stuff for mages right, and theres a staff that can apparently shoot projectiles? Is this also possible on android? Thats like the coolest thing ive heard so far lol.
    Oh yeah almost forgot, i put (YES) next to the goodies and left the rest blank. Hope this help navigating the mess in there lol.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Xhoblaim, so this is a mod for BG2EE... no probs. The mod for Freakydoo was done with BG Tweaks which is now out of date. If you have a look at Tweaks Anthology and redo the list, you will prob find some other components as well. It allows for more items to be used just as long as it is within the class(es) they are.

I think the mod that you are after re the projectile shooting staff, is called More Styles for Mages.

Gus
    Cool. Ill redo that list instead.
    Yea i seen the staff stuff. But thats appears to only work for PC? I havent been able to activate the CLUA console thing on my phone and i also lack as PC at the moment (i hate my life *sniff) lol.
    Ok i redone another txt file but i think its from v3 of tweaks anthology. I read the readme stuff from v4 and they both seem to have the changes i desire ( i dnt need much i guess). I put *(YES)* next to the ones i prefer like before.
    edited March 2018
    [Spoiler]
    Blah blah blah
    Test

Ugh...that was a terrible fail lmao
    @Xhoblaim,

I have made two modfiles.
    - Xhoblaim BG2EE 2064_TweaksOnly is the list of the components of Tweaks Anthology that you requested.
    - Xhoblaim BG2EE 2064_Tweaks+MSFM is the list + the staves and other item tweaks from More Styles for Mages. I didn't include any of the Familiar changes.

To Install:
    - Copy 'Xhoblaim BG2EE 2064_Tweaks_MSFM.zip' to 'sdcard/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/'
    - Unpack 'Xhoblaim BG2EE 2064_Tweaks_MSFM.zip' in the folder keeping paths.
    - Delete 'Xhoblaim BG2EE 2064_Tweaks_MSFM.zip' or move to another folder.

You should now have the following in the folder 'sdcard/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/':
    override (folder)
    save (folder)
    baldur.ini (file)
    lang.zip (file)

You can now test the game to see if it starts. If it doesn't double check to make sure 'Xhoblaim BG2EE 2064_Tweaks_MSFM.zip' isn't in the same folder as lang.zip and it was moved not copied (common error)...

(Replace Xhoblaim BG2EE 2064_Tweaks_MSFM.zip with Xhoblaim BG2EE 2064_TweaksOnly.zip if you only want the tweaks portion)

I have also included the WeiDU.logs for both modfiles to allow you to what was installed.

To Uninstall:
    - Delete override folder
    - Delete lang.zip

You are now running a vanilla version of BG2EE.

----------

For the console access, make sure you have the following line in baldur.ini:
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

I was able to get it going on my phone (Note 4, Android 6.01) & Tab S (6.01), but it may not work for all. Regardless, it shouldn't be needed for the Staves etc to work.

----------

To get the Spoiler to work:

Under the reverse IP in the comments toolbar, there is a style called 'Spoiler', select that and you end up with < div class="Spoiler" >< /div > (I have added spaces) in your comment dialog. Your cursor will be sitting in the middle of the tags. Just hit enter and...

< div class="Spoiler" >
    ...place everything you want in the spoiler between these two tags
    < /div >

Enjoy
    Gus
    XhoblaimJuliusBorisovronaldo
    Good god bro.. At first i was blown away with the extensive detail with what you presented me with, but now, im convinced you are a godsend brother!
    Thank you so much man! Everything works great!
    Your work and skillz are truly appreciated. I didnt think it was possible lol. I cant thank you enough man.
    JuliusBorisovronaldoGusinda
    @Xhoblaim, what I do is relatively easy, just a little time. The people to thank here are the modders who have taken the time and effort to put the mods together. I just play around in the background enabling people who don't have the resources to use them. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the thanks but find the mods that you use and add a big thanks as well...

Gus
    ronaldoXhoblaim
    Yeah i figured it was easy. You did it so fast lol. Ofcourse those who created the mods in the first place deserve all the thanks but, dnt sell urself short bruh. What you did for me is not a common thing (ppl can be Aholes nowadays) so i felt it necessary to extend my gratitude. People like you are hard to come by. Keep it up man, respect.
    Oooooo i have a question for you though! I saw something that was talking about wild mages and i came across a mod that apparently adds new spells to the class via some book that drops. Does this work on the android?
    Wild mages are the greatest :smiley:
    Thanks @Xhoblaim.
    Re the mod, do you know what the name of it is? We can only but try...

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    Here is the mod file i found on the forums. From what i read, it wasnt compatible at first but then someone made some changes. If this can work for the droid versions OMG chief :smile: .
    Hi @Xhoblaim, interesting mod.

I had look at the discussion in this forum and found that there is a more recent version that fixed some spells plus some.

Attached is the modfile that includes Wild Mage Additions v2.beta3 as well as the previous Tweaks and More Styles for Mages mods.

To install:
    - Delete override folder
    - Delete lang.zip
    (we are now at vanilla)
    - Copy 'Xhoblaim BG2EE 2064_Tweaks_MSFM.zip' to 'sdcard/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/'
    - Unpack 'Xhoblaim BG2EE 2064_Tweaks+MSFM+Wildmage.zip' in the folder keeping paths.
    - Delete 'Xhoblaim BG2EE 2064_Tweaks+MSFM+Wildmage.zip' or move to another folder.

To Uninstall:
    - Delete override folder
    - Delete lang.zip
    (well I am sure you understand by now)

I did some quick testing and was able to change to Spellshaper no probs and cast the rodent shape ok. That is about as far as I went but this is now on my playlist for mods... BTW, if you do change to Spellshaper, look on the ground for all your kit.

Go wild!
    Gus
    XhoblaimJuliusBorisov
    edited March 2018
    Whoohoo! It works! Gonna take some serious getting used to tho lol. I came across a couple issues with the class like when casting some of the new spells, spell failure pops up alot and some strange txt does too (like the "you have been an adventurer for as long as you can remember...") as if i had spoken to someone. Also when you do the kit change as a female, its supposed to change the avatar to a thief look... But instead it turns you into a male lmao. But idc... I love the spells :smiley:

Hey i went to sorcerer palace and found some very interesting stuff. I was wonderin if you could take a look at these packs when you get a chance? Curious to know if we droiders can enjoy this as well. Apparently...theres a way to summon a dragon to fight for you?!? I cant find where the file is but it sounds crazy awesome haha. There is also another wild mage setup but with the sorcerer, sounds cool. If you are a fan of mages like me i think you might like some of these also.

Note: BTW thanks alot alot alot for doing the wild mage mod! I was NOT expecting that at all lol. So thank you again :smile:
    Heres the link i stumbled upon that speaks of the dragon spell.
    Modlist.pocketplane.net/index.php?ax=list&cat_id=24
    I think the link may be broken or somethin.. Keeps takin me to SP.. Yet i see nothin related to a "red dragon". (Then again...this waaaas back in 2008 it says lol).
    Ok i figured out the issues, i weetarded self used a modded char for the change...hence the male result. The spell failure is actually from the new ability (it happens often so I imagine its a mage killer skill). Haven't seen the txt issue since i made a new char. Apparently that is what the cause was..gotta start anew. *facepalm*
    Gusinda
    To add to my previous post, you also must pre lvl the wild mage before applying the kit change spell or you will lose valuable spell charges and HLA's.
    Gusinda
    Hi @Xhoblaim, unfortunately, it looks like the ADPack is for the original BG2 only. Attached is the modfile which includes ChaosSorcerer and BoM Item Pack (as well as the initial mods).

I wont insult you by telling you how to install it... :)

Hope all goes well
    Gus

JuliusBorisovXhoblaim
    Lmao thank you man. Ill check out this sorc n stuff and see how it works. Man ive been playin that spellshaper and i gotta say its pretty legit. Good balance for my tastes and very fun.

With the sorc....i can feel the power already
    Gyahahyahyhahahahaha! (Insert evil face here).
    Gusinda
    edited March 2018
    @Gusinda Maaaan brotha it went fabuloso! Everything us workin flawless, thank you!

I know im prolly buggin but i gotta ask lol.
    This is the craziest thing ive come across yet man. Hooded/Caped avatars for elf rangers? And for fighters? I got this mod file and was hoping you could do your thing with it? Iike the others.(Omg i swear ill never bug you again lmao). This seems like a must have. I didnt see any fighters with a cape like it states, have you witnessed anything like that? That sounds like somethin they (beamdog) shoulda put in the game from the beginning. A must have if it works.

If this gives rangers hoods i can finaly make that super cool ranger i wanted to make, if only i could give it the ability to shape change into a black panther then the concept would be complete!! Still workin on the backstory for the character tho... i also think the panther change should be a HLA. Man, once i get my PC back imma be makin some crazy cool stuff lol.
    Wan moore ting, if its possible to give the ranger class the hooded/cape look, what about all thief looking classes? Hmmmmmmmmm that would be better imo.
    Some other goodies.. Hehehehwhe
    Think i found the summon dragon mod :smiley:
    @Xhoblaim, all but the Acid Elementalist (last edited 2002) is included. Unfortunately to summon the Dragon scroll, you need to be able to access the Console. Have you been able to do this yet? If so, use: C:CreateItem("sumdrag"), to place the scroll into your inventory. From there you can write to spellbook or cast using scroll. Don't summon in small places... If you can get to your console but find it difficult typing, you might be able to place the command into your baldur.ini adding the line:
    'Lua Edit', 'String1', 'C:CreateItem("sumdrag")',
    and it should pop up as soon as you enter the console. You just need to hit enter. If you already have 'Lua Edit', 'String1', then just add the 'C:CreateItem("sumdrag")', to the end.

I moved to the area where the merchant is for the Volcano Mod and he sits waiting with his stores ready to sell.

The Avatar Pack seems to work fine.

Enjoy
    Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited March 2018
    Woot! Thanks man! *snaps fingers* i knew the acid elemental would fail me :neutral: ....and the dragon summon. I havent been able to get the console working.. I think i did it wrong lol. Could i copy your baldur.ini file? Would that work? I guess what im tryin to do is find cooler class kits.
    @Xhoblaim, sure. Also have a look here for other hints. When I was playing on an Android device (Samsung Tab S) I was using Hacker's Keyboard (is installable from Google Play) as my default keyboard. I also used a Bluetooth keyboard every now and then. I only use a Note 4 at the moment for testing purposes.

Copy the file and rename to baldur.ini (don't forget to rename your old one to save the settings) or save as baldur.ini.

Gus

Xhoblaim
    edited March 2018
    I have the keyboard from GP but still no luck. Maybe im doin the wrong command or somethin.. i tried ctrl+everything and nothin. Oh well. I do this in the chat box in mutiplayer..

I also cant seem to locate the merchant from the volcano pack. Says hes near the temple in akathran er wutever, but nah. Started a new game and everything..
    *Sniff* guess you cant have it all lol.
    edited March 2018
    @Xhoblaim, the merchants name is Zodesak and his is located just to the right of the temple of Waukeen (Tile position 44,36) near the priest.

I am reasonably sure it was CTRL-Enter to access the console. I will get the bluetooth keyboard out and have a bash later. Using your keyboard, are you able to jump (CTRL-J) around places?

Gus

Edit: OK, gave it a try. Connected the keyboard and interestingly it didn't work until I installed Hacker's Keyboard onto my phone. Once that was on, it worked great. The game moved up when I needed to type and as a simple test, gave myself a scroll. All good.
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    Xhoblaim
    I have no external keyboard. .. Ill try re-downloading the keyboard see if that works.
    As for the merchant, hes in ToB next to the temple outside balthazars camp right? Thats what the readme says. But i go there and i see no one. Ill check again right now..
    Yeah. He is standing in the shadows of the temple. Shame about the keyboard not working (It was CTRL-Enter BTW).

Gus
    Xhoblaim