Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    @Troodon80 Short after 1.04.0 coming up I reported that the option "Edit out of party character" crashes the keeper. AFAIK there never was a fix... :'(
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234

I was curious if you ever explored creating a fix for the fact that everytime you edit a save, it refreshes the spell list of each character?

Why'd you wanna change that? I thought that was a feature? xD

If it should be changed at all, I hope it'll be an option... I frequently forget to rest, but i seldom forget to save, so i do a quick visit to EEKeeper to get that "rest".
    egbert
  • PaulGreystokePaulGreystoke Member Posts: 63

@Troodon80 I always appreciate the work you've put into this. I was curious if you ever explored creating a fix for the fact that everytime you edit a save, it refreshes the spell list of each character? It'd be great if you could edit save logs and only change - for example - a single stat, without other aspects being affected. Not sure if this is doable. I know in the distant past, EEKeeper (then Shadowkeeper) automatically identified magic items in inventory, but that was fixed... so maybe all spells becoming memorized on game save edit could be too?

There is an option to change the default behavior from refreshing spells to not refreshing spells when editing a save. Check under Options - there should be checkbox there to change the default.

RaduzielProontSjerrieConjurerDragon
  • anicociaanicocia Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

So I've been dumping stats into two-handed and sword & shield and I just thought I would edit those out and reallocate them later once I decided what I wanted to use on my Berserker.. but I can't seem to edit proficiencies in EE Keeper. I don't have an editable field, and nothing on my keyboard seems to work.

Can anybody help? What do I need to do? I'm in the proficiencies tab, but it doesn't show that anything is editable and I don't see anything. Is EE keeper able to do this or am I wrong?

Thanks!
  • GrunkerGrunker Member Posts: 46
    edited April 2018
    EDIT: I tried this https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60150/ee-keeper-changing-class followed by adding the XP to level up, and it worked.

Hi. I'm trying to change Tiax' class to Shaman and it works fine, but the game crashes when I try to level him up. Any thoughts on what could be happening?
    Post edited by Grunker on
    Sjerrie
    @Grunker Tiax: putting the -manic into Shamanic.

But srsly, great idea. In my current game he's a ranger/cleric, as most roles were already filled. :)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited April 2018
    anicocia said:

Hi,

So I've been dumping stats into two-handed and sword & shield and I just thought I would edit those out and reallocate them later once I decided what I wanted to use on my Berserker.. but I can't seem to edit proficiencies in EE Keeper. I don't have an editable field, and nothing on my keyboard seems to work.

Can anybody help? What do I need to do? I'm in the proficiencies tab, but it doesn't show that anything is editable and I don't see anything. Is EE keeper able to do this or am I wrong?

Thanks!

Click on the proficiency that you want to edit and then click on the + and - buttons.

For the proficiencies at the left hand side, use the left hand buttons.
    For the proficiencies at the right hand side, use the right hand buttons.

(There are two columns of proficiencies which is not always apparent)

Hmm, another crash.

This time I'm trying to change Faldorn to a Sorcerer. I did everything according to the proven methods, i.e. set XP to 0, HP to 1, levels to 0, THAC0 to 20 etc. etc., then changed classes and loaded up the game. Game crashes when I try to level up Faldorn. Any idea what I could be missing?
    @Grunker i haven't messed with sorcerers in the current incarnation, but back in the day ANY kind of sorcerer thing i messed with got me a crash. It may have something to do with the way sorcerer's spell "memorization" works. Have you tried clearing the spell list?
    Sjerrie said:

@Grunker i haven't messed with sorcerers in the current incarnation, but back in the day ANY kind of sorcerer thing i messed with got me a crash. It may have something to do with the way sorcerer's spell "memorization" works. Have you tried clearing the spell list?

I followed this method:

Changed base hp and current hp to 1. THAC0 to 20. Experience to 0. Levels to 0/0/0. Cleared all memorization except innate (tried with innate clear as well). Erased all spells. Erased all proficiences.
    edited April 2018
    @Troodon80 can you confirm/deny that changing character class to sorcerer isn't possible? Googled for ages but can't seem to find anything conclusive. And have successfully made all sorts of other possible class changes.

EDIT: OK I *think* I might have found out what I did wrong. It seems you have to set the memorization of wizard spells to zero - not use the remove button. Maybe that was obvious, but not to me :D
    Post edited by Grunker on
    Sjerrie
  • cojucoju Member Posts: 1

anicocia said:

Hi,

Thanks!

Click on the proficiency that you want to edit and then click on the + and - buttons.

For the proficiencies at the left hand side, use the left hand buttons.
    For the proficiencies at the right hand side, use the right hand buttons.

(There are two columns of proficiencies which is not always apparent)

Mine used to look like that and i used to be able to alter them but now none of the proficiencies show and if I save it, they are all gone. Anyone know how to fix and bring the proficiencies bck?
    Sounds like you need to download an older version of the program and use that one or else report the issue to the programmers.
    edited May 2018
    Back with another question: I edited Haer'Dalis to be a Shaman, and everything works fine. Except for one thing: he can't use Bucklers or wear Hide Armor.

Even weirder: he can use normal throwing axes and the returning throwing axe +2 - but he can't use throwing axes +1??

Anyone got an idea what's up?
    @Grunker did you remove his Blade kit? Just a thought, but maybe a kit overrides some allowances? Would make sense, since a blade can't use ranged weapons, which throwing axes technically are...
    Grunker
    Sjerrie said:

@Grunker did you remove his Blade kit? Just a thought, but maybe a kit overrides some allowances? Would make sense, since a blade can't use ranged weapons, which throwing axes technically are...

OMG thank you! I was positive I had removed it - but it turns out I left a 'D' in the number line when I set the Kit to 0. That fixed it!
    Wise_GrimwaldSjerrie
  • BillPaxtonPinballBillPaxtonPinball Member Posts: 3
    I have a problem I'm hoping someone good at technical stuff can help me sort out. I'm playing an EET game with the tweak that makes it not game over if your PC dies. So, the PC dies, I go to res him, but... every time I do it crashes the game. Tried it with console commands as well, same thing.
    I had a fiddle around with EEKeeper trying to reverse the flag that makes him dead, but it didn't seem to do anything. My last proper save is all the way back at chapter start, and I'd rather not lose all that progress. Anyone have any ideas?
    @BillPaxtonPinball that sounds like an issue with the Tweak itself, and maybe it's one that is not compatible with EEKeeper in that way? I'm not familiar with it unfortunately... :neutral:
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    I dismissed Dorn for some day.
    How can I see if the romance is broken?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    rede9 said:

I dismissed Dorn for some day.
    How can I see if the romance is broken?

Dismissing companions breaks the romance.
    Sjerrie
    I thought that it only broke the romance if it was for a prolonged time.
    @Wise_Grimwald nope. Loved ones don't take kindly to being told to "wait here" or "go there" even for just a minute. ;)

The only exception I guess would be Jaheira, but even then only through her quest line.
    ThacoBell
    Sjerrie said:

@Wise_Grimwald nope. Loved ones don't take kindly to being told to "wait here" or "go there" even for just a minute. ;)

The only exception I guess would be Jaheira, but even then only through her quest line.

Not like RL then. :(
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited June 2018
    Sjerrie said:

WHAT? I read in the BG2 vanilla romance guide three days are allowed!
    I thought It would have been the same for BG1ee.
    By the way, is there a tick Romance ONGOING somewhere in EEkeeper I can check out?
    edited June 2018
    @rede9 now i'm starting to doubt myself... might want to ask in another appropriate thread. :p

Anyhow, there *is* the RomanceActive variable (or something like that) editable by EEKeeper.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    rede9 said:

Sjerrie said:

By the way, is there a tick Romance ONGOING somewhere in EEkeeper I can check out?
    What guide is that? I've NEVER had a romance persist after kicking out an npc. My main method of not dealing romances in game is to kick the NPC out and tell them to wait for me there, and then immediately re-recruit them. Boom, no romance.
    Sjerrie
    ThacoBell said:

rede9 said:

Sjerrie said:

What guide is that? I've NEVER had a romance persist after kicking out an npc. My main method of not dealing romances in game is to kick the NPC out and tell them to wait for me there, and then immediately re-recruit them. Boom, no romance.
    I have, though I can't remember whether it was BG1 or BG2.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    What I'm about to ask is probably a very stupid question but bear with me for a moment.
    I've been using EE-Keeper for the first time in my latest run of IWD.
    I've successfully been able to alter character races, paperdolls, classes, alignments, all these little adjustments are very easy to do, and I'd like to thank everyone that's contributed to EE-Keeper for your great work.
    Now, my (probably stupid) question is this:
    I have a character that wears normal plate armor, which as you know has a light-grey/metalish look to it.
    I would very much like to have him wear a golden armor, which is what this characters has in his portrait.
    Is this something that can be done with EE-Keeper or am I completely out of luck?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    The items carry some effects on them to alter the character's color accordingly to the item's color.

AFAIK you can't alter that on EEKeeper.
    However there is a mod that allows you to keep the colours as you want. I cannot remember its name at present. It isn't something that I want for myself.