Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @kjeron , you probably know this but you can use the combination (0x103/0x104) lines in splprot.2da with a -1 parameter IF both of the targeting modes use the same parameter.

I use it for things like (if Wisdom or Charisma > X) or (if Dex > X and Str < X). Not the most useful, but a fun trick that trivializes some things.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor Please don't. I think dual wield is in a nice place. Its not really the style's fault that another mod strengthens it.
    Contemplative_HamsterDjinn
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yeah, but that nerfs a thief trying to dual wield. Real life dual wield styles aren't about more attacks either. Its a parry style.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellDjinn
    ThacoBellDjinn
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    Quick question here, and I may be in the wrong spot. I think npc-ee used to be part of Scales of Balance. In that vain I'm trying to see if I switch Imoen over to a Thief/Mage is there an option to change one of her proficencies over to short bow instead of sling? Wasn't sure if that was do able or if the Mage Class restriction just totally prevents that.
    ALIENDjinnStummvonBordwehr
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    "- New component #109: Universal Potions"
    Wonderful tweak! Worth donating to TA :smile:
    Djinn
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2018
    Honestly I don't see how you're supposed to parry incoming attacks with 2 daggers... I mean, they're very small weapons......
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    edited April 2018
    Dual wielding with daggers and using them to parry is actually very interesting. You do a blocking counter attack at the opponent's weapon instead of attacking the opponent's body - much like you would when blocking with your arms in unarmed combat, but also a lot more difficult. This much easier to do with a small weapon such a dagger than a sword, and probably impossible with large or heavy weapons.
    At least, I've never seen it done in real life martial arts with large weapons.
    Post edited by Djinn on
    [Deleted User]ThacoBell_Luke_
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2018

It lets thieves of 7th level or higher make a saving throw vs. Breath Weapon in order to completely dodge the effects of certain spells like Fireball, Skull Trap, etc.

A couple of comments:
    1. you may wanna add opcode 139 to D5EVADE.SPL in order to display Gained Passive Ability: Evasion or something like that.
    2. You may wanna add TRAP_FIREBALL, TRAP_LIGHTNING_BOLT, MEPHIT_LIGHTNING_BOLT and the like to the list of evadable spells....
    3. [PATCH_IF (level_1 > 7) OR (level_2 > 7) BEGIN] -> You may wanna replace > ("greater") with >= ("greater or equal").
    4. In IWDEE there is no opcode 72 (Change AI type). What is it for? Moreover, I think it's currently useless since it has a duration of 0.....
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Heavy install, so I'll start off with that. Was trying to install YARAS and kept running into an error with the Magus kit. See below. Weido Log in second spoiler. Only way to "fix" the issue was to remove the QDMagus.2da file from the override folder. Weidu attached

Error from Debug file:
    A!BCHAN1 = elven chain
    ERROR: cannot convert magus_code or %magus_code% to an integer
    ERROR: [A!BCHAN1.ITM] -> [override/A!BCHAN1.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.
    StummvonBordwehrALIENContemplative_Hamster
    Should the evasion component be installed alongside Might and GUile's? Or are they separate and only one should be taken?
    ThacoBell

ThacoBell said:

Should the evasion component be installed alongside Might and GUile's? Or are they separate and only one should be taken?

They are redundant. If the MnG feat system is already installed, the SoB Evasion component won't even be available.
    Thanks!
    @subtledoctor I do my installs through BWS. Are the new features separate components? If so, can I pause after scales is finished and install the new stuff?
    awesome. thank you sir!
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    Probably best to pause it after SoB and add it then. The changes probably should be made before SCS does its thing.

Won't BCS pick up the new version? Or is it now necessary to pause BWS whenever I include SoB in an install?
    Bloodstone
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    So the long wait is finally over, so it seems to fail to me to ask the inevitable question: How is SoB and associated mods (that is M&G, T&B and F&P) gonna handle IWD 2.5 that is the now released non-beta patch ?
  • HubalHubal Member Posts: 25
    Editing yaras.ini does not work at all for me. ( Dex penalties are too severe) Do I need to start a new game for changes to take effect?
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    Hubal said:

Editing yaras.ini does not work at all for me. ( Dex penalties are too severe) Do I need to start a new game for changes to take effect?

Did you reinstall the mod ? I think you need to reinstall at least the yaras component.

However if i remember it correctly, the dex penalties become much, much more managable once you get your first +1 armor. Until then your high dex characters are better of using leather armors, which actually makes sense.
    Arizael said:

Hubal said:

Did you reinstall the mod ? I think you need to reinstall at least the yaras component.

However if i remember it correctly, the dex penalties become much, much more managable once you get your first +1 armor. Until then your high dex characters are better of using leather armors, which actually makes sense.

You are right, it makes sense. It also makes regular armor complete garbage. Well I wont be using regular armor anyway so no problem.
    StummvonBordwehr
    @subtledoctor
    I have a suggestion. Since you made a spear/halberd weapon category, maybe you could do halberds usable
    also by druids?