Skip to content

Favourite Movie/TV Series music

Comments

• JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Waltz with Bashir is a beautiful, horrifying movie and used its soundtrack to great effect. Using both music written for the movie and classical music by Bach and Chopin.

Boaz and the Dogs

Haunted ocean, part 2
    mlneveseZaghoul
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    This from the Fifth Element. I don't usually go for opera but mix in a little alien and space background and I might be mesmerized.

mlneveseFinneousPJSkatanlolien
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I still say that you'll have to go a long way to top the Peter Gunn theme for tv shows

mlneveseZaghoul
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited December 2017
    The Persuaders main theme. So fricking epic. Heroic and full of melancholic despair at the same time.

mlnevese
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I can't believe I have not posted this yet...

Supernatural - Eye of the Tiger

voidofopinion
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    This may be related to another topic https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67561/age-of-forum-members#latest as well. Star Wars was still a decade away, landing on the moon was still 3 years in the future.
    Space Patrol Orion

An old german TV production with a theme I never forgot.
    mlneveseverlaineKusellolien
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    That reminds me of "Lost in space" (the original b&w tv series).
    mlnevese
    Although not made for the 25yrs later 3rd season of Twin Peaks, Lynch included this song at the end of the 2hr opener. I thought it pretty darn good and if I hear it again it will remind me of that show.
    mlnevese
    Ravenous - not sure if it was supposed to be a plain horror movie with some humor or a gruesome dark comedy. But its soundtrack is pretty damn interesting.
    Manifest Destiny

Let's go kill that bastard
    mlneveseSkatan
    Holy Fu-u-u-u-u.. @JoenSo!! My brother kept nagging on me to see that movie after he and a mate had rented it on VHS, hehe.. They were going on and on about this movie, telling me (younger brother) and my mates that we had to rent it and see it ourselves. I was sure they were just messing with me though and that it was a really bad movie, we kinda try to do that to eachother back in the day, pitch really bad movies to eachother so that you wasted those few, precious coins you had and went all the way to the VHS rental store and back again only to realize the movie you rented sucked badly, haha :D Brotherly love, it's like nothing else.

I got him to rent Dracula 2000 though after I had made that mistake myself, so I think I won that competition.

Anyways, sorry for that long story but it was just so fun to hear someone mention that movie after so many years! And both me and the brother actually ended up listening to that soundtrack on .mp3 many years after the 'rental incident' and we still refer to the movie today. Thanks for sharing.
    JoenSoFinneousPJ
    Haha! I had a very similar experience with this movie @Skatan . I watched it with my older brother after he had borrowed the VHS from a friend. And since I was pretty young then I could be the cool guy who showed this gruesome movie to my friends. Even then we noted how special the soundtrack was.

I saw it again a couple of months ago. I do like this movie in a way, though it's probably because it doesn't even pretend to be a good flick.
    Skatan
    Is it kinda lika "bad taste" in that way @joenso? Meaning it's so bad it's so good? Hmm.. now you got me thinking, maybe I need to schedule a movie night with the brother so we can see this movie! Hah, that would be an epic surprise I think.
    Skatan said:

Is it kinda lika "bad taste" in that way @joenso? Meaning it's so bad it's so good? Hmm.. now you got me thinking, maybe I need to schedule a movie night with the brother so we can see this movie! Hah, that would be an epic surprise I think.

Yes, you need to do that. Oh yes indeed. Haha, Bad taste! Now that brings back memories. And actually, no. It's just that I'm not sure how to describe it. I think they were trying to do a different movie rather than a good movie.

To stay on topic, here's another track from Ravenous that might be a good description of the movie itself: kind of weirdly cheerful mixed with creepiness and some over the top horror. All at the same time.
    FinneousPJ
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mlnevese
    mlnevese
    This is an old series I liked when it came out. Lots of different writers and stories.
    mlnevese
    mlnevese
    This video has been update to include the latest themes. Enjoy :)

Dr. Who

lolienSkatan
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I have a weakness for the movie Brain Donors. It's basically an early 90s remake of the old Marx Brothers flick, A Night At The Opera, with John Turturro in the same role as Groucho Marx, and John Turtorro makes a better Groucho Marx than Groucho Marx, he's so brilliant going from one liner to one liner. The whole movie is insane, made by the same people who did Airplane, Hotshots and Police Squad/Naked Gun. I still find myself quoting this movie to today. That movie is my happy place.

For TV shows, I've been completely hooked on the new Tick. It's so brilliant. I normally hate super hero stuff, but the Tick was always such a brilliant mockery of the genre. The Terror was always my favorite super villain from the original show, and he is just so well done in the new version.
    mlnevese
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

John Turtorro makes a better Groucho Marx than Groucho Marx,

Blasphemy!

Groucho roasts Carson

mlneveseSkatan
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Song For Jesse

Song For Bob
    mlneveselolien
    Whenever director Satoshi Kon and composer Susumu Hirasawa collaborated, great things happened. And one the greatest thing they did was Paprika. A wonderfully bizarre movie with a wonderfully bizarre soundtrack.

Parade

The Girl In Byakkoya
    mlneveseFinneousPJbatoor
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2018
    When the composer of the soundtrack is Andrew Powell and the producer is Alan Parsons, do you need any other reason for watching a movie?

batoormlnevese
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited May 2018
    I have been on these forums for a little while now and I don't really tell people much about myself.

This thread seemed like the perfect opportunity to change that and the things we like often say more about us than we would care to admit. If this is our first date, then this is a little bit about me.

:)

Music
    I was born in England but have lived all over Europe and America.

My parents were both punks and artists in the 70's so I grew up with The Sex Pistols, David Bowie, The Stooges, Ian Dury, The Clash, The Damned, Talking Heads, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Stiff Little Fingers, The Stranglers and The Pixies.

The Pixies are my favorite band. I even wrote a mid term project in college about impressionist and surrealist elements within Francis Blacks lyrics. How his music was influenced by the works of Salvador Dali and David Lynch and in turn how The Pixies were the major artistic influence for grunge and all of it's offshoots. (In Kurt Cobain's own words, Nirvana were a Pixies cover band.)

Debaser is one of their more well known songs and is the obvious inspiration for Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Television
    My go to TV show is the 1959-1964 run of The Twilight Zone.

Often imitated but never duplicated. If you love Sci-Fi then there is nothing else like it. The sets are beautiful in their simplicity. The acting was some of the very best of it's era and the writing is so good that it has been ripped off by every sci-fi movie and tv show you can name for the past 6 decades.

My parents rejected everything from the 50's and 60's so The Twlight Zone is one of those things I discovered for myself late one night and have been in love with the show ever since.

The radio plays are just as wonderful if you have never had the good fortune to hear them.

Books
    For Literature I am a big H.P Lovecraft fan.

Howard wrote so much and so often that you could spend a lifetime reading and analyzing his work. And much like Rod Serling (creator of The Twilight Zone), Lovecrafts stories have been a direct of horror writers for a century now.

I'm a huge fan of his dream cycle series over the Cthulhu mythos and the dream cycle has been a big influence on my work for my Neverwinter Nights persistent world. While I try not to directly lift anything from Howard I would be lying if I said that The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath, The Nameless City and The White Ship were not a huge influence on how I have interpreted the planes.

Comics
    I also enjoy a good comic every now and then but I didnt grow up with Marvel and DC, but rather 2000AD and the works of Warren Ellis.

I have read Transmetropolitan so many times now I have lost count.

It's a dark, nightmarish, drug fueled tale of politics and corruption set in the far future... which is probably not too far off from where we are headed. Transmets main protagonist is a journalist named Spider Jerusalem, a gonzo journalist heavily based upon Hunter S. Thompson. If you set Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas in Judge Dredd's Mega City One then you have a pretty good idea of what Transmet is like.

Film
    I teethed on The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

So much so that when I was very, very little my Grandmother asked that I perform a song for the family at Christmas... So little 3 year old me got up in front of all our relatives and proceeded to belt out "Sweet Transvestite" complete with full dance choreography. Neither of my grandparents ever forgave me for "ruining Christmas" or my mother for raising me so poorly.

The film has been with me for 36 years. I have watched it tens of thousands of times over my lifespan and I still get an instant happy every time I put it on.

Video Games
    Thanks to the Amstrad CPC 464 I grew up playing and programming PC games. I got a bit distracted by the NES and Genesis but then got right back into PC gaming with the Amiga. I spent so much time playing Civilization, Syndicate and Elite that I couldn't even begin to count.

But the first game to absolutely blow me away and consume every aspect of my life was Diablo. The Gothic world coupled with the constant driving action and loot drops just destroyed me. Heck, like many people I almost lost a job due to Diablo 2. It's a masterclass in design, gameplay, atmosphere and storytelling.

Here is where I would complain about Diablo 3 but after maxing out every class and grinding end game sets on PC and PS4 I don't think I have that right. I don't even like the game and I couldn't stop playing the series worst incarnation.

That is until NWN:EE was announced and ever since I have been working on my persistent world once more.

So thank you Beamdog for getting me out of that rut. ;)

mlneveselolienSkatanZaghoul
    edited May 2018
    Just realized I utterly misread this threads title as favorite Movie/TV show/Music so I sincerly apologize for posting off topic.

Ive been quite ill and my mind has not been what it should be.
    mlneveselolien
    @voidofopinion Not off topic.. you just installed an expansion to the thread :)
    voidofopinionlolien
    You are by far the sweetest alien.

<3
    mlnevese
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
    mlnevese