Skip to content

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
This is to be my attempt to DM a role playing group here in the forum, similar to @Rik_Kirtaniya’s own thread that was put on hold. This will be a different story altogether, as I didn’t want to hijack his story, but the principle is basically the same. It’s a story where members in the forum may participate as characters interacting with the world. Naturally, anybody is welcome to join, just let me know and I’ll help you get set up.

The rules are pretty much the same. Point-buy system for stats ala IWD2, etc. Not much combat, as actual combat scenarios can get a little tricky without everybody being on at the same time. OoC posts are done using spoiler tags. The same old stuff.

Tagging @Skatan @lolien @ThacoBell and @mashedtaters :smiley:. I guess you could use the characters you used in the other thread or make new ones. Either way, please post your characters’ details if you don’t mind. Now, on to the story...

In the lands north of the Giant’s Maw, a great canyon spanning thousands of miles, life was hard for civilized folk. Small frontier towns of fishing and mining communities dotted the region, connected by a solitary dirt road that wound its way across the land. Hardly any animals lived in these parts, though monsters were far more common. The largest of the frontier towns was called Callus, a slowly growing fishing town located next to a sparkling river that ran south until it disappeared into the Giant’s Maw. The land surrounding the town was arid, almost desolate, as only the most stubborn weeds and plants dared to continue to grow here upon its surface. Callus is home to several hundred people, including humans, elves, dwarves, and numerous other races. It was truly a melting pot of cultures and traditions.

Nestled in a dark corner on the west side of town was a small, yet comfortable inn, the Weary Wanderer. The lone innkeeper, a short, squat dwarf with a dull gray beard that hung loosely down to his belt, merely grunted as new guests entered the building, not bothering to look up from his arduous task of cleaning out used mugs, finishing each one with a spit shine. It was here that a number of adventurers met and came together to form a party.
lolienZaghoulmashedtatersThacoBellSkatanRik_KirtaniyaAnduin[Deleted User]

Comments

• mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Looking forward to it as well!
    Will make a new character at some point.
    NimranlolienSkatanAnduin
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Should we continue waiting for @mashedtaters, or go ahead and get started?
    mashedtaterslolienSkatanAnduin
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Good question. Uhhhh, continue?
    mashedtaterslolienSkatanAnduin
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    It’s quite alright, @mashedtaters.

The dwarf reluctantly takes the payment from Guston while giving him a hard look before addressing Kaled. “Aye, lad, we have it, though it was quite the trip to get it, if I understand correctly. That merchant lord I told ye about supplies it, but he’s a real tricky one to deal with regarding business. If ye go to him, be careful. He’s pretty sketchy, and ye might end up wishing ye didn’t sign on with him.”
    lolienThacoBell[Deleted User]
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Vaga, not getting any coin spared from the rest of the group, slowly and casually removes himself from the counter and walk away a bit. Being a man of no desires, the lack of ale doesn't become him a bit, having ordered it only to fit in rather than actually wanting it and he bears no ill will for Guston's obvious cheapness. Being used to go hungry and thirsty for days at end, those feelings instead work as increased resolve, strengthening the mental fortress Vaga is building up mentally. Sometimes Vaga can be heard to mutter a silent mantra, when the stomach is aching or the throat is completely parched, "Mind over body. Mind over body. Mind over.. "

"Ay, I concur. Let's wait 'til the merchant arrives. "

Vaga moves to the side of the room and sits down, knees on the floor, feet behind him, eyes closed, hand resting on his thighs, calm at the surface but underneath like a coiled spring.
    mashedtatersAnduin[Deleted User]