Skip to content

The thread for happiness/spreading your joy

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Congrats!
    booinyoureyeslolien
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Thanks @FinneousPJ ! I'm sure I'll bring up the substance of my argument if the opioid crisis ever becomes a topic on the politcs thread!
    ThacoBellFinneousPJlolien
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited March 2018
    May I ask, what is the opioid crisis?

nvm, I found it: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40479686. Not something to make on happy.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

Thanks @FinneousPJ ! I'm sure I'll bring up the substance of my argument if the opioid crisis ever becomes a topic on the politcs thread!

@booinyoureyes I know I'd be interested. The attempt to deal with it by monitoring doctors in an attempt to prescribe less for pain has left ppl in the lurch for legitimate causes of needing pain relief. New ideas are sorely needed. B)
    booinyoureyesThacoBell
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Zaghoul said:

@booinyoureyes I know I'd be interested. The attempt to deal with it by monitoring doctors in an attempt to prescribe less for pain has left ppl in the lurch for legitimate causes of needing pain relief. New ideas are sorely needed. B)
    @Zaghoul my academic article discusses the illicit sale of opioids (fentanyl in particular), rather than the prescription markets. However, I do share your concern about under-prescription for those who are in need of pain relief!
    Zaghoullolien
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited March 2018
    @booinyoureyes There is definitely more than one aspect of the crisis that needs to be addressed, and the one your article tackles is most certainly one of them. :)
    booinyoureyeslolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Oh dear. Your post there is immediately followed by two invalid comments.