Skip to content

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited May 2018
    Ho there, adventurers!

I'm finally free from the burden of exams, and this time, for sure. At least for 6 months. And so, I'm back! It's nice to be with you all after so many days!

So well, here's my character. I think @Nimran will make you all meet him by some special encounter.

Ignatius Eulemus

Race: Human (actually Aasimar, but other characters will not know that at first)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Class: Sorcerer

Ability scores (Point-buy system, right?)
    STR: 6
    DEX: 10
    CON: 8
    INT: 18
    WIS: 18 (16+2)
    CHA: 20 (18+2)

Spells
    Cantrips: Levitation, Detect Life (Removed as suggested. :) )
    Level 1: Charm Person, Psychic Blade (Custom spells okay? I'll try to keep it balanced. :smile: )

So how many spell slots do I get with my CHA of 20?

Psychic Blade
    (Enchantment)

The caster focuses his mind and brings into existence a dagger-sized ethereal blade that does 1d4+1 base damage per hit, and is considered as a +1 weapon. It can hit creatures up to a distance of 20 ft. from the caster. As long as the spell lasts, the caster is unable to cast any other spells, though he may still move around and defend himself. Since the blade is mentally wielded by the caster, so instead of Strength, the caster's INT modifier is added (if positive) to the blade's to-hit and damage rolls. The blade disappears if the caster attempts to cast another spell.

Innate: Light, Sunscorch (1/day), Darkvision, minor resistance to acid, cold and electrical damage. (Changed it to IWD2 format. :) )

What do say, @Nimran? Is it okay? (If something is unbalanced, tell me, and I'll alter it accordingly. :) )

Description
    (I'm only giving the basic description. How you meet him will be decided by @Nimran. Moreover, my character doesn't know anything about what has already happened, and also doesn't know who the others are.)

You see a small boy, probably about 10 years of age, sitting under a tree in solitude. He wears the simple apparel of a peasant child, but there is a juvenile charm and a mystical splendour radiating from his being. He appears immersed in some deep reflection, with his eyes closed and an expression of calmness and tranquility on his smiling face. As you approach him, you sense a powerful aura emanating from his person, one that makes you feel both peaceful and reassured. Yet there is something unnatural about him. As you come nearer, he turns towards you, and without opening his eyes, he says: "Fate leads us to strange places, yet none so strange as that within us. Come you to seek that which appearance hides from the outer eye?"
    Post edited by Rik_Kirtaniya on
    lolienThacoBellmashedtatersSkatan
    Nimran said:

I don’t think cantrips exist in IWD2, but we can just assume that the party dries themselves off in some other way.

@Nimran Maybe we can have them as a general 3rd Edition element? ;) [Like in NWN] Cantrips are a cool way to do otherwise mundane things. B)
    SkatanNimranmashedtaters
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited May 2018
    "I will take the first watch." Vaga says and sits down in a good spot. He will sit there in the rain 'til morning. The cold and the rain is a perfect way of testing ones patience and resolve, he thinks to himself. Before sitting down, he takes of all his clothes except his loincloth
    Finally ay? @mashedtaters
    , unravels his girdle rope, carefully and methodically knots five knots of the exact same size and disposition. He begins to whip himself over his back, first left, then right, then left, then.. He does this in silence and with a disturbing smile on his lips.

When removing his clothes he shows off his ascetic body. He's not sturdy like dwarves usually are, his constant martyrdom has made his body thin and wiry. His skin is covered in tattoos of text, except for his back where the constant flagellation has eradicated the tattoos and replaced them with scarring. There's no imagery, only text and maybe lyrics, but it's hard to tell what the small letters say without going very close.
    NimranRik_Kirtaniyamashedtaters[Deleted User]
    Hey, just have a look at this. It appears that for some reason, page 7 (current page) of this thread appears as "Not fully secure" on my Chrome address bar, while all other pages of this thread are shown as "Secure". Does anybody else see this same thing? [Other pages on the Forum are shown "Secure" as well.]

Page 7 - Not fully secure

Page 6 - Secure

Has any evil got its eye upon us? :anguished:
    Skatanlolienmashedtaters
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @Rik_Kirtaniya Nope, I don't see anything similar. I am using an old firefox browser currently (work comp).
    Rik_Kirtaniyalolienmashedtaters
    Nimran said:

“It’ll be hard to get the horses moving in this slop,” Miranda says as she ponders the muddy ground. “I don’t suppose you lot have any ideas?” The caravan workers and Nate seem just as at a loss as she is, and they all shrug their shoulders and look around aimlessly. Miranda sighs and looks to the party, saying “Well, thanks to the rain, we won’t really be going anywhere anytime soon. Looks like this job is going to be harder than I thought, unless one of you can somehow make the horses light enough to walk on this mud without sinking into it.

Ignatius sits on a large rock on one side of the camp away from the others (since he doesn't know them yet), and listens to the on-going conversation casually. He then notices a small pebble lying on the muddy ground, and gazes at it. As if suddenly made lighter, the pebble lifts itself up from the ground following the motion of Ignatius' eyes. He then looks at the others with a quick glance, and makes the pebble speedily crash in a muddy pool near them, splattering mud and water on everybody. He giggles slightly, and then looks at the horses with a smile, waiting.
    ThacoBellmashedtatersSkatan[Deleted User]
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    *Fiora walks up to MIranda, arms crossed behind her head* "So, Miranda, how do you know Roan?"
    Rik_KirtaniyaSkatanNimran[Deleted User]
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    @Rik_Kirtaniya er... Mage Hand?
    mashedtatersRik_Kirtaniya
    Nimran said:

@Rik_Kirtaniya er... Mage Hand?

Nay, it's simple telekinesis! No spells in that. :wink:

Ignatius doesn't feel like using his hands.

Mind powah...!
    mashedtaters