Skip to content

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

mashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaSkatanlolien
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the spells list, @Nimran! I can now get an idea of what will be balanced and what not. (My "proper DnD" game mechanics knowledge is mostly limited to the IE games, so I didn't have an idea about the right balance of "utility-type" spells. :sweat_smile: This is actually the reason why I was waiting.)

So I'll only be using Mage Hand. Thanks for making the clarification. :)

Edit: By the way, you said "personal" ability, right? Do you mean I can take something like that? If so, can you suggest something suitable? How about Levitation?

Also note that I didn't take any familiar (I won't be taking any either). Maybe a personal ability to replace that? ;)

By the way, have the other characters not noticed me yet? Nobody seems to react to the mud and water that I splashed on them. ;)

And can you give a brief summary of what is going on? Or maybe someone of the playing characters can tell me something about it? :)
    Post edited by Rik_Kirtaniya on
    Nimranmashedtaters
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Rik_Kirtaniya Sorry, I thought your character was still hanging back.I've kinda dominated conversation today, so I'll let someone else chime in.
    Rik_KirtaniyaNimranmashedtaterslolien
    ThacoBell said:

@Rik_Kirtaniya Sorry, I thought your character was still hanging back.I've kinda dominated conversation today, so I'll let someone else chime in.

@ThacoBell Actually Ignatius speaks less. He likes to express things by subtle actions and as you will later see, cryptic verses. ;)
    NimranmashedtatersThacoBell
    @Rik_Kirtaniya no problem! Yeah, the IE games don’t really implement utility spells very well. Combat spells were always the main focus.

I’d say sure, Levitation is fine as a personal ability. The main focus is to have fun, so I don’t mind bending the rules a little.

The NPCs are so downtrodden, they just took it in stride lol. In truth, I was going to work, so I ended up missing that detail.

So basically, the party was hired to recover a lost caravan by Roan, a merchant lord in the town called Callus. It contains materials to build a new wall to keep out threats. The party had rescued the caravan, and the workers tried to cause problems with them because they foiled the workers’ plans. The party doesn’t actually know what their plan was, but they know it wasn’t good. That’s where we are now.
    Rik_KirtaniyamashedtatersThacoBelllolien
    edited May 2018
    Nimran said:

@Rik_Kirtaniya no problem! Yeah, the IE games don’t really implement utility spells very well. Combat spells were always the main focus.

I’d say sure, Levitation is fine as a personal ability. The main focus is to have fun, so I don’t mind bending the rules a little.

Hurray! Thanks a lot! :smiley:

Eager to see what happens now. Let's see how the others react to the muddy water. ;)
    NimranmashedtatersThacoBell
    @mashedtaters here’s a list of cleric spells, if you’re interested.

https://dandwiki.com/wiki/3e_SRD:Cleric_Spell_List
    Rik_KirtaniyamashedtatersThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    waiting for a perception check @Nimran, I've learned from my mistakes ;)
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellmashedtaterslolien
    @Nimran Are there just two wagons or more of them?
    NimranThacoBellmashedtaters
    Yep, there are two.
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellSkatanmashedtaters
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited May 2018
    Maybe we can proceed a bit if you all add that you sit up on the wagons so @nimran can push the story there? As it is now, two of us, myself Vaga and @Rik_Kirtaniya Ignatius is sitting on the wagons waiting for @ThacoBell Fiona, @mashedtaters Guston and @lolien Kaled.

edit; sorry if that sounded commanding, 'twas not the intention.
    Rik_KirtaniyaNimranmashedtatersThacoBell