Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Dev6, you can also change the item (amrour in your case) colours using nearinfinity.

Gus
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Thanks for the help guys.

@Gusinda I installed NI and was able to find the armor in question.
    Now, what I reckon I need to do is make a copy of said armor (because I don't want to change it for everyone), and change the copys color into gold.
    Is there a NI FAQ or Manual that can help me? I'm not computer illiterate or anything, just need to be pointed in the right direction. :)
    (And sorry for asking questions about NI in the EE-Keeper thread, I'll shut up now)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited June 2018
    There is a Near Infinity Wiki: https://github.com/NearInfinityBrowser/NearInfinity/wiki

IESDP provides additional information: https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/main.htm

Description of effect opcode 7 may be useful (although NI should provide sufficient hand-holding in this case).
    Dev6Gusinda
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    Is anyone working on EEKeeper? @Troodon80 ?

AFAIK v1.0.4 was never fixed…
    Can I help testing? ( Mostly I miss the "Edit out of party character"-option.)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I am using 1.04 and am having no problems. (That doesn't mean that there asren't any)
    Sjerrie
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    I checked it out, and editing out of party characters crashes EEKeeper for me. Never used the function though.
    I have edited Gorion so that he has a bag of holding. Other characters when they die lose the bag of holding. Doing this avoids having to edit one in every game. :)

I have also edited the assassins in Candlekeep to make them better equipped. They actually become dangerous!!

However editing their stats did cause problems. I haven't tried that recently though.
    GusindaProont
    You are wise @Wise_Grimwald, I put my bag in Winthrop's shop so I have to buy it (at a reduced price of course). I like your way much better... It would be expected that Gorion would have one for travelling!

Gus
    RaduzielProont
    Gusinda said:You are wise @Wise_Grimwald, I put my bag in Winthrop's shop so I have to buy it (at a reduced price of course). I like your way much better... It would be expected that Gorion would have one for travelling!
    Gus

Not that wise @Gusinda I don't know how to add items to a shop!
    RaduzielGusindaProont
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99

Gusinda said:

You are wise @Wise_Grimwald, I put my bag in Winthrop's shop so I have to buy it (at a reduced price of course). I like your way much better... It would be expected that Gorion would have one for travelling!
    Gus

Not that wise @Gusinda I don't know how to add items to a shop!

Yes yes, do tell! I would love to learn that! I'm just starting to goof around with Near Infinity, so I may find some answers there too. I will be driving Argent Crazy I'm sure.
    Wise_GrimwaldGusindaProont
    edited July 2018
    @Bloodstone, @Wise_Grimwald, to add the BoH to Winthrop's Store:
    - Using NI on BG:EE, open INN2616.STO
    - Select Edit tab and find 'Item for Sale'. You can see all the items that are for sale in the store
    - Select the 'Add' button then Item for Sale from the context menu (or you can select an item and copy and paste)
    - This adds a new line, double click on the line which should open a new window. With the first line highlighted, look in the lower half of NI and find bag31.itm (or which ever container you prefer), then Update Value.
    - Change the Qty in Stock
    - Close the window which should update the new line adding the new container. Save the edited .STO
    - Job is done

If you think that is too early, you can add the item to the FAI store which would be FREIND.STO.

If you think the price is a bit rich, then you can edit the price of the item by opening BAG31.ITM. I can justify it which ever way I want, mostly being that I dislike inventory management but I can often throw in some RP reasons as well... :wink: Means the same thing.

Hope that helps
    Gus
    RaduzielBloodstoneWise_GrimwaldProont
    I won't change the way that I introduce the bag of holding, but may well introduce other items that have been neglected. However others have created mods that introduce decent halberds etc at inflated prices, as they should be. As a result of installing some store mods, my party is well-equipped but permanently poor. The items added are such that the party doesn't get over-powered. :)
    Gusinda
    @Wise_Grimwald, so you shouldn't; I will be changing my method to yours however. Having Gorion carry a BoH makes more sense RP wise.

Gus
    RaduzielProont
    Gusinda said:

@Wise_Grimwald, so you shouldn't; I will be changing my method to yours however. Having Gorion carry a BoH makes more sense RP wise.

Gus

I also gave him a staff +1 and a robe. Could you imagine someone like him not having a magical staff? He would probably have had an even better one, but that could have unbalanced the game.
    GusindaProont
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Any chance someone could make "Gorion drops a Bag of Holding" into a mod? I usually console one right in, but Gorion having one does make a lot of sense!
    edited July 2018
    @Thels no offense of course, but I do not believe this is the right thread for your question. "General Modding" is the better place for it I believe. :)
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @Sjerrie : I was mostly replying to the discussion going on between @Wise_Grimwald and @Gusinda , since the discussion came up here.
    edited July 2018
    Thels said:

@Sjerrie : I was mostly replying to the discussion going on between @Wise_Grimwald and @Gusinda , since the discussion came up here.

And our conversation was regarding the use of EE Keeper which is I think on topic. There is no need for a mod to give Gorion a bag of holding. EE Keeper is perfectly adequate. It is easy to do and once it's done, it is done. No need to continually add the bag game after game as would be necessary if you give it to your own character. In the same way, I alter the assassins in Candlekeep with EE Keeper to make them worth fighting. (It makes them tougher, and as a reward you get slightly better weapons) :) It also gently introduces you to the art of modding the game yourself.
    SjerrieGusinda
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Hi,

I am looking for a kind of step by step guide to EEKEEPER ? (beside the basic stuff, i ma quite lost with the program).

I mean it is quite easy to add a weapon proficiency, to improve strengh or dexterity … But in order to go from a Cavalier to an inquisitor it seems that there is more to do than just change "cavalier" by "inquisitor" ?

… etc...

• UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    edited July 2018
    Is Infravision hardcoded by race, or can you disable it through EEKeeper? Such as through the Effects.
    @Mordekaie To get extra kit spells you need to go to "Innate" and delete the old kit and choose the new one.
    To get the correct number of spells for conjurers and the like, I use the mod "Imoen as conjurer."
    http://sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_mods_hosted_misc.php
    I change the name of one of the imoen files and put it in the override folder and follow the instructions in the mod for adjusting your own character.
    (Although it was written before EE and is designed for BG2, as far as this is concerned, it works fine. It also works fine with Tutu)

I then copy the effects from Imoen to my own character. It works!
    The first time that you do it, it seems cumbersome, but after doing it a few times it can be done very quickly.
    If you need any help, just ask!
    Sjerrie
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    So probably not a popular request, but if its easy, can EE Keeper be updated to included "Sex" in the Characteristics tab.

Sex determines whether the casting voice will be male and female.. if you change it in NearInfinity, it looks like you need to start a new game for changes to work. Also there's no op code for sex, so no work around regarding spells, items etc.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I think "Gender" in EE Keeper covers both 'Gender" and 'Sex' entry of the character. If they are out of sync it might help to set it to a different value and switch back to "Male" or "Female", so that the tool registers the change.

Btw, you can do the same with Near Infinity without having to start a new game. Just open the BALDUR.GAM of your save, open the party member structure, followed by CRE resource structure and set 'Sex' directly.
    fluke13Wise_GrimwaldSjerrie
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    You think correctly... I thought I was going to be stuck with Terri and Nella from IWDNPC with male casting voices... So thanks very much. Im not sure why they haven't updated that bug, looks like it's been there long time.
  • TrollopsAndPlugTailsTrollopsAndPlugTails Member Posts: 49
    Any way of using it for character creation without a game installation directory? I play on an iPad and don't have the game on PC.
    @TrollopsAndPlugTails unfortunately, no. EEKeeper uses the installation for all the references to classes, proficiencies, spells, variables, etc. Without an installation there would be no way to tell EEKeeper to give a character the Raise Dead spell for instance, since the spell isn't actually there.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • TrollopsAndPlugTailsTrollopsAndPlugTails Member Posts: 49
    Damn. Is there any open documentation on the character file format? I'd like at least to be able to substitute the portrait or reimport downleveled bg2 ''new" character to bg1 to use the new portraits or the new cleric kit. I guess the latter won't work without appropriate game files, but I'm a bit tired of dopoelganger PCs.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    You can change portraits of your PC and your NPCs. Just put the portraits you want in the portrait folder. They should be 330 x 210 pixels and in bmp format. The Large portrait's name should end in L and the small portrait's name should end in S. The file name should not be too long, though I am not sure what TOO long is. I have changed the portrait of Imoen to that of an elf with pink clothing as when I made her a conjurer thief using (Imoen as conjurer) she was made into a half-elf. Another mod says that all her clothing should be pink and that is what I have done. I actually edited the .chr file as that made it permanent, but you can equally change her in the game file. That will only affect the game you are playing. It's your choice! :) You don't need the game file, just the chr file.

You import the chr file into a new game. You can then edit it at will. De-level it, change class, change spell lists, change portraits, change kits etc. etc. In EE-Keeper go through all the tabs and don't forget to update bonus stats after you have changed class. Under the inate tab you will have to choose your new kit so that you get the correct inate spells for your kit. If you change gender or race then you will have to change appearance. Virtually anything that you want to change can be done in EE-Keeper

You do however need to install the kits before beginning to edit your character.
  • SatrhanSatrhan Member Posts: 75
    I have a question similar to @Dev6
    I've been giving Dorn a nearly black armor by editing a save and adding the effect;

Colour: Set character colours by palette [7]
    Target: Self
    Flags: Permanent
    Gradient: 254
    Location: 05 (armor colour, and did the same thing for location 53, helmet main covering)

This works, it darkens the color of whatever armor he is wearing. I played around with the gradient a bit, seems to darken the armor more the larger the number gets (makes sense). If I wanted to make something an entirely different color I'm guessing I'd use the "colour: change by RGB" effect?

Main question though, is how do I actually make this permanent? When he dies and gets resurrected the effect is gone, and I have to edit the save again.