Skip to content

Your Greatest Facepalm Moment?

Comments

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    rede9 said:

Yesterday night I forgot to close the game leaving it unpaused. When I woke up my party had Thac0 -17.

ThacoBellProontMirandel
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited May 2018
    Dev6 said:

rede9 said:

Yesterday night I forgot to close the game leaving it unpaused. When I woke up my party had Thac0 -17.

Almost. Luckily Xan cast sleep on Gnolls.

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    rede9 said:

Can you explain why please?
    Loldrup
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    They have been dead tired! :sleeping: Eight hours real time corresponds to something like 80 hours game time that the party has just been standing there doing nothing and getting no sleep.
    UnderstandMouseMagicStummvonBordwehrlolien
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @dunbar
    Kevin?
    Do you mean Kivan? Because he's CG he wouldn't leave the party unless you're rep was 2 or lower.
    ThacoBellMontresor_SPlolien
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I wonder if something triggers Kivan's quest timer break if you pick him up after soloing the bandit camp, leaving his quest unfinishable.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @ZaramMaldovar Neither actually, I in fact meant Edwin (early onset Alzheimer's strikes again)!
    ZaramMaldovarlolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @fluke13 Its okay. If I'm not specifically looking out for them, anagrams sail right past me.
    fluke13
    @ThacoBell
    Not much of an anagram when it's literally just the name backwards. Still a good false identity though, I don't think the characters would actually see through it.

Now that I think about it, Maraz would be quite the convincing name.
    ThacoBellProontMontresor_SP
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    I made a solo character to master flails for the Flail of Ages +5. When I FINALLY got the last head and completed the weapon it became worse than its previous versions because Free Action came with it. This ruined my game since I saved after the realization that free action prevents all haste spells/effects. The next save was hours of playtime prior. Hugely disappointed in this nerf. I don't think I even want to complete the game now.
    Montresor_SPUnderstandMouseMagiclolien
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @lelag200 You can remove the Free Action effect using Near Infinity. Or the Haste/Improved Haste only.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399

@ThacoBell
    Not much of an anagram when it's literally just the name backwards. Still a good false identity though, I don't think the characters would actually see through it.

Yep... Hence the face palm, it was... should be... So glaringly obvious. What makes it worse is I knew Semaj was James . I guess, if im kind to myself, that's it's a case of too obvious to spot, hidden in plane sight :s
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    fluke13 said:

@ThacoBell

Yep... Hence the face palm, it was... should be... So glaringly obvious. What makes it worse is I knew Semaj was James . I guess, if im kind to myself, that's it's a case of too obvious to spot, hidden in plane sight :s
    like your own name @fluke13, or should I say Elekulf!
    fluke13Contemplative_Hamsterlolien
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    lelag200 said:

I made a solo character to master flails for the Flail of Ages +5. When I FINALLY got the last head and completed the weapon it became worse than its previous versions because Free Action came with it. This ruined my game since I saved after the realization that free action prevents all haste spells/effects. The next save was hours of playtime prior. Hugely disappointed in this nerf. I don't think I even want to complete the game now.

When you get HLAs you can offset this by using GWW which let's you max out the attacks per round anyways. FoA is considered one of the best weapons in the game for a reason. Actually for a number of reasons. If you want to quit, then quit, by rest assured you have not gimped your char by mastering flails. Also, any SC fighter who GMs in flails have enough points to GM another weapon over time as well. Playing solo that wouldn't take that long either (unless you already dualed into something else though of course).
    ThacoBellAerakarProontlolien
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

(who is James?)

Seriously, who is James?

ProontNimranThacoBelllolien
    @ThacoBell

I knew it had something to do with undead but I didn't know what. I never used it as a result. When I finally figured out what it did, I still never used it because it requires the Cleric to remain standing still.
    Montresor_SPThacoBellDemwar
  • BlastbackBlastback Member Posts: 54
    At the time it wasn't that facepalmy, but in hindsight, the first time or two i tried playing BG2, and was completely overwhelmed by just how big it was, not realizing i could revive characters, and when I lost minsc to a disingigrate trap i already knew to search for.
    Proontlolien