Skip to content

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    ThacoBell said:

"I hope the bracers were helpful to you, though you should ask before 'borrowing' someones possesions".

Ignatius says with a knowing smile:

" 'Tis hard to question the unconscious or dead,
    Possessions are fleeting, so value life instead."

;)
    Nimran said:

“What, this?” Harvey asks. “It’s my share of the treasure. There’s plenty of other stuff in this chest, though, if you want to take a look.” He moves to the side, and the party can see a number of arms and items inside.

1 long sword
    2 daggers
    1 rapier
    1 long bow
    2 wands
    2 rings

Ignatius, having been disappointed by the previous wand's properties, now examines these two wands and two rings, hoping to find something useful after all. After that, he'll try to identify the rest of the items for the others.
    ThacoBell said:

"Hold on Ignatius. I think we need to have a talk. What were you thinking trying to charm that guard!? It would have been simple to request audience, and now you're probably wanted in town! I need to explain this to whoever is in charge now."

Ignatius says:

"When the right time comes, they will understand,
    Besides now they have greater problems in hand.
    With the orc horde nearing the town's periphery,
    They have better things to do than worry of me."

Besides Ignatius can always become invisible if needed. ;)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Ignatius: Lore checks: 7+4=11
    15+4=19
    20+4=24
    2+4=6

Ignatius can tell what one wand and one ring can do. The wand is a Wand of Web. It casts the spell Web three times a day.

The ring is a Force Shield ring. Once activated, it generates a shield-sized barrier that provides +2 to AC with no penalties.

He then proceeds to examine the other items.

Ignatius: Lore checks: 10+4=14
    14+4=18
    20+4=24
    19+4=23
    15+4=19

He is able to discern four of the five weapons. The two daggers are a dagger +1 and a Returning Dagger +2. Once thrown, the Returning Dagger returns to its wielder’s hand.

The rapier is a Dancing Rapier +2. Once activated, it can move on its own and attack the wielder’s enemies for four rounds.

The long bow is a Shocking Burst Long Bow +2. It imbues arrows with electricity, and can potentially create an electric explosion.
    Ignatius says to @Anduin:

"Little gnome, good gnome, will you help me please,
    And by your wisdom identify these?"

Ignatius points to the unidentified wand and ring.
    Harvey shakes his head. “Silly trickster, this sword is for druids,” he says happily.
    The wand is a Wand of Monster Summoning. The ring is a Ring of Jumping.

Anduin hears a voice from within the third chest. “Wrong sword, genius,” it says.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Anduin loses his facade of a smile for a moment before it reappears even bigger and brighter than before. Anduin scrabbles and scampers over to the third chest and peers in.*

Long have I searched for you. To learn of your wisdom, your insights and your lore. Please, please, allow us to become one so we can make a difference to this world!

*Anduin awaits expectantly.*
    “Uh, yeah, okay, whatever you say. Just get me outta here, already!” The sword is getting restless.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    "A ring of jumping? THAT would sure have been useful earlier."
    edited July 2018
    Ignatius slips the ring of Force Shield onto his finger, and grabs the two wands (that is, the ones of Web and Monster Summoning), one in each hand, twirls them happily, and then tucks them firmly into his belt. He then lifts one of the potions of healing with Mage Hand and hides it in the folds of his clothing. He doesn't even bother to look at the gold pieces, the jewellery or the weapons. Then he levitates and somersaults in the air with delight.

After some time, he descends to the ground and wonders what to do with the rat. He stares deep into its eyes, trying to read it thoughts once again.

I feel there is something about the rat related to the plot, especially seeing that it made such a high will save. Might it be a polymorphed human-(oid) like the Frog Prince or Melicamp the chicken?

By the way, how many charges per day does the wand of monster summoning have?
    Rat: Will save: 15+1=16

The rat continues to stare at Ignatius. Whatever secrets it might hold remain unknown for now.
    Pretty much all wands have three charges per day.
    “It’s a magic item that looks like a normal, empty sack. Reach inside, and you’ll feel a ball of fuzz. Pull that out, and it transforms into a random animal, though the type of animal depends on the bag’s color. I have one of my own, see?” He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a seemingly empty tan bag.
    “Well,” Harvey says glumly. “They only last for ten minutes before disappearing, and a bag can only summon one at a time. That said, they are friendly to whoever pulls them out, and can follow simple instructions. They can do more than that if you can talk to them, though.” He smiles.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    *Fiora sees Vaga fidgeting in the corner*
    "Do you want the bag of furry friends, Vaga?"