Skip to content

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    A level 3 party attacked by two manticores! It seems we are quite under-levelled all the way...

By the way, what happened to Ignatius and Fiora down the pit?
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Holy crap, Vaga's getting his ass kicked!

As stated before, I have no experience with IWD2. How many stunning fists (ki based I guess) does a level 3 monk have per day? Do I get a second attempt? If I can't stun this manticore, I'm a dead dwarf, heh..

Luckily for Vaga, his pain threshold is ridiculously high which let's him continue on even though his body is breaking down. The slash to his chest tears through muscle, but the pain only makes him more focused. Vaga knows he's no threat vs this mighty beast, but it's his purpose to stand his ground and die for the mission. So he does just that.

Vaga launches another flurry of blows (the first attack is a stunning fist again, if I still have unspent Ki)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Guston casts Chant just as Vaga goes down, and now he, Anduin, and Ignatius, who is invisible but now with them, feel the spell’s effects wash over them. Julius and Alexander both also feel the effects.
    Ignatius, invisible and holding Fiora tight, levitates out of the pit. He sees that Kaled and the others have arrived, so he hovers to the part of the corridor just behind them. He then descends to a safe position, away from the sight of the Manticores and gently places Fiora on the ground. He then dispels the invisibility on Fiora (so that they can find her later) and joins in the fray.

Ignatius unleashes a furious onslaught of his Psychic blades on Alexander, at first slashing on his eyes (trying to scoop them out), then slicing his tail, and then moving on to the other vital organs of the trapped Manticore.

Since Alexander is technically "held", I believe all the attacks should hit him, regardless of the rolls? (Since that's what happens in the games.)
    As Alexander is pinned, Butter charges forward, passing both Emeril and Kaled, and bites at Alexander’s tail.
    Butter: Attack: 13+5=18

He clamps down on the tail and pulls it down.

Emeril takes the cue and...
    Emeril: Attack: 27, 28, 23, 18

slices the tail to shreds. Alexander screams out and falls limp, as he bleeds out from the wound.
    Ninja’d again!
    Nimran said:

Ninja’d again!
    ;)
    And so Anduin heals the party, just as Harvey and Butter walk across the pit like it was solid ground. “Hello again!” Harvey cheerfully says to the party.