Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'll be happy to wait and play a finished and polished game rather than Siege of Bugspear.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Wilbur said:

I'll be happy to wait and play a finished and polished game rather than Siege of Bugspear.

Now that just reminds me of bugbears. Hurr.. :neutral:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited September 2015
    BGLover said:

I'm tired of waiting.
    I'm tired of waiting!

spacejaws said:

I'll shut up if I can have a picture of Edwina in Dragonspear Castle.

I see...

I tire of walking, I tire of talking, and I tire of the laughable body.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • Xar105Xar105 Member Posts: 112
    Hi, I have a question, anyone knows the release date of SoD ? thx
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Xar105 said:

Nobody knows,
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    Xar105 said:

I don't know, but I do know you can't find a packet of Rice Krispie's in any general convenience store/supermarket within 20 blocks of Beamdog's office!

Make of that what you will...
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Xar105 said:

Goodmooooorning. :smiley:
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    Can anyone tell me, will the forthcoming update restore iFunbox functionality? I had been playing exclusively on iPad but not being able to tweak things is very irksome!
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    I'm somewhat curious if any changes will be made to SoA or ToB. If any references will be made to the Shining Lady after those events are concluded. Through NPCs and whatnot.

Regardless I find im not worried about how the plot of SoD will turn out.

Finally I hope it will all meld together nicely eventually with Ascension.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    batoor said:

I'm somewhat curious if any changes will be made to SoA or ToB. If any references will be made to the Shining Lady after those events are concluded. Through NPCs and whatnot.

Regardless I find im not worried about how the plot of SoD will turn out.

Finally I hope it will all meld together nicely eventually with Ascension.

There are already some references to the events of SoD in BG2:EE. The new NPCs talk about the events some. Somewhere early in this thread somebody was able to predict that the expansion would take place in Dragonspear based on this dialog that was added.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    Devs said that the game will be released when it's done, so no pressure. Although announcement when the closed beta starts would be cool :smile:
  • DargnonDargnon Member Posts: 31
    While we are all waiting, I would like to repeat what many have said - I am waiting with starting another playthrough, until BG:EE is updated with BG:SoD enhancements. As I want to experience the whole saga with the newest updates. Please, don't make us wait too long.
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    My hype levels are literally in space right now. I'm dyin' over here for a snippet, some new info from Beamdog... c'mon!
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    With Sword Coast Legends being a failure of Epic proportions I am also dying to play this game asap :(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited September 2015
    Sword Coast Legends hasn't been even released yet (it's currently scheduled for release on September 29th October 20th, 2015) so we can't judge it to be a failure or not.

And not to start an off-topic debate here, I would like to mention that we have a thread about that game - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/39443/sword-coast-legends-is-this-the-spiritual-successor-to-nwn#latest
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015
    Dargnon said:

While we are all waiting, I would like to repeat what many have said - I am waiting with starting another playthrough, until BG:EE is updated with BG:SoD enhancements. As I want to experience the whole saga with the newest updates. Please, don't make us wait too long.

I wouldn't. There aren't going to be a huge number of new features apart from the shaman class, and there is time to play through BG at least twice before the earliest possible release date of SoD (November). You would be better served getting a couple of characters ready to dive straight into SoD, or play some other game if you have that done.
  • IselethIseleth Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2015
    I just noticed that two achievements have appeared on my Steam profile for BG: EE; both seem to be SoD related.

Are achievements to be added to the game? that would be great !
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2015
    BGLover said:

Xar105 said:

I don't know, but I do know you can't find a packet of Rice Krispie's in any general convenience store/supermarket within 20 blocks of Beamdog's office!

Make of that what you will...
    Personally Im more of a Apple Cinnamon Cheerios fan. :)
    Post edited by elminster on
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    Iseleth said:

I just noticed that two achievements have appeared on my Steam profile for BG: EE; both seem to be SoD related.

Are achievements to be added to the game? that would be great !

I see them too. I am excite!
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Fardragon said:

Dargnon said:

I wouldn't. There aren't going to be a huge number of new features apart from the shaman class, and there is time to play through BG at least twice before the earliest possible release date of SoD (November). You would be better served getting a couple of characters ready to dive straight into SoD, or play some other game if you have that done.
    For me the new UI is enough to make me want to wait.
    edited September 2015
    BTW, in a new Beamblog entry, Amber Scott writes that this weekend at the Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo those who live or visit Edmonton can meet the members of the Beamdog team.

Mad Bee will be stationed in booth F9 in the Artist's Alley and will have a limited stock of selected prints. Nat Jones will also attend as an artist guest (booth number pending). Both will exhibit their personal art and can talk about the art process of Siege of Dragonspear.

Andrew Foley and Amber Scott will present on writing panels and can answer questions on how video game writing and the design of Siege of Dragonspear relates to the panel's particular topic.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2015/09/beamdog-at-edmonton-expo.html

You know, with each passing day, I want to live in Edmonton more and more.

Also, it would be superb if after the Expo there would be a cover of how it was, what happened there and what those selected prints were :)
  • wildewilde Member Posts: 3
    Hi All. I have a DVD version of BGEE and I was curious if I will be able to download the updates when they are released, as i'm not linked to steam or download from beamdog. Thanks in advance. Wilde
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    They should add an achievement: "Rolled 109 Ability Score Total" :wink:
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    edited September 2015
    bengoshi said:

You won't be saying that in February.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    deltago said:

bengoshi said:

Heck even today its only 13 degrees. Toronto's a balmy 21 by comparison :)
    deltago said:

bengoshi said:

I don't like when it's cold outside but maybe Edmonton is the only place on Earth where it doesn't matter. You can meet them there. Or you can even become a part of them.