Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2016
    Thanks @bengoshi now I'll have that song in my head all day! :-) (Totally worth it though) thanks for posting that.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    edited February 2016

Sikorsky said:

Don't know if anybody asks that but can I bring my gold from BG:EE to SoD? I've already collect 330000 in my playthrough and still didn't do Durlags and Werewolfs island. I'm just courius is it worth to keep that amount of money.

You sure can. But you might want to spend it beforehand.

That doesnt sound well for our characters...

PS. I guess no clue about a release date yet?
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Will there be livestream tommorow?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    *Crosses fingers for the stream to solve the mystery about the available toilet facilities within Dragonspear Castle* :no_mouth:
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2016

*Crosses fingers for the stream to solve the mystery about the available toilet facilities within Dragonspear Castle* :no_mouth:

Was this mystery not already explored in Dark Alliance 2 ? :)

Didn't we cover that in the last stream? We talked about how there were maybe outhouses somewhere but there's definitely a peeing joke.

three seashells and a ditch
    And here I was wondering what annexes had to do with molluscs. >_<
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @Amber_Scott Do you guys intend to upload tommorow's stream on to YouTube too? ('cuz work..)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Rodrian said:

@Amber_Scott Do you guys intend to upload tommorow's stream on to YouTube too? ('cuz work..)

Last time, you could watch the stream replayed on Twitch, and if you have the ReChat for Twitch Chrome extension, you get to see the chat text too.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/rechat-for-twitch/ipplilmaapjjklilmmaccfemdmhkoacd?hl=en
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    bengoshi said:
    Next Beamdog's game confirmed to use IE engine and be 5e D&D. This is a new whirlwind attack being tested for their next game.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited February 2016
    "I'm just going to twirl around here with my maces, and if you get in their way, it's your fault."
    Post edited by BillyYank on
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Are the BG:EE and BG2:EE updates going to be out at the same time as SoD or are they going to take some more time?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    So, it's one hour till the livestream. I've gathered 8 questions from the forum:

1) Given his prior status as an easter egg, can Baeloth be recruited in SoD, or is he only present if you had him in your party at the end of BG:EE?

2) I would really like to know about any new opcodes, triggers, actions, 2da files, and if more tobex features have been implemented

3) There will be dreams again. Will these be Baldurs Gate 1 style (narrated) or Baldurs Gate 2 style (in game engine)? Also are they affected by reputation or events at all?

4) Could it be possible at some point after SoD to just combine all official player portraits and player voice sets from all EE games into each of them all?

5) Are your companions dictated solely by import or starting alignment (if that is indeed still a thing? Or instead might there be a few opportunities to swap out some people at the start of the expansion?

6) Will the content of BGEE and BG2EE patches be translated into other languages before their release?

7) You mentioned quests for Corwin, Glint and M'Khiin. Will there be quests for Rasaad, Dorn and Neera in SoD? What about Baeloth?

8) With the next patch for BG2EE, will there be changes in how the transfer of companions is made, i.e.: will you choices on NPCs' proficiencies made in BGEE and SoD, be remembered in BG2EE? For example, I gave Dorn in BGEE two pips in axes. Will patched BG2EE remember it?

Is there anything else someone wants to ask?
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513

Are the BG:EE and BG2:EE updates going to be out at the same time as SoD or are they going to take some more time?

I don't know for sure yet. The dev team is still working on the release schedule.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    1. Will all missing TobEx features be implemented in upcoming patches and SoD (for now we have only concentration check confirmed)?

2. Will there be more fancy externalizations for modders provided in upcoming patches? If not, are they planned for consecutive (smaller) patches?
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    edited February 2016
    bengoshi said:

So, it's one hour till the livestream. I've gathered 8 questions from the forum:

1) Given his prior status as an easter egg, can Baeloth be recruited in SoD, or is he only present if you had him in your party at the end of BG:EE?

2) I would really like to know about any new opcodes, triggers, actions, 2da files, and if more tobex features have been implemented

3) There will be dreams again. Will these be Baldurs Gate 1 style (narrated) or Baldurs Gate 2 style (in game engine)? Also are they affected by reputation or events at all?

4) Could it be possible at some point after SoD to just combine all official player portraits and player voice sets from all EE games into each of them all?

5) Are your companions dictated solely by import or starting alignment (if that is indeed still a thing? Or instead might there be a few opportunities to swap out some people at the start of the expansion?

6) Will the content of BGEE and BG2EE patches be translated into other languages before their release?

7) You mentioned quests for Corwin, Glint and M'Khiin. Will there be quests for Rasaad, Dorn and Neera in SoD? What about Baeloth?

8) With the next patch for BG2EE, will there be changes in how the transfer of companions is made, i.e.: will you choices on NPCs' proficiencies made in BGEE and SoD, be remembered in BG2EE? For example, I gave Dorn in BGEE two pips in axes. Will patched BG2EE remember it?

Is there anything else someone wants to ask?

I asked the dev team about #2 and they can't give me an official answer yet, so we won't be talking about it on the stream.

#6 and #8 I don't have an official answer for either. I'll try to cover everything else!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    9) Early on, when rumours began, gazebos were trumpeted as a possible THING in SoD.

Please can you answer with a YES or NO the following.

Will we get to have a gazebo as a stronghold?

Will we get too destroy a gazebo?

Will a gazebo explode in SoD?

Is the gazebo a trap?

Will a gazebo NPC be included in SoD?

Will we get to party with a gazebo?

Will we be allowed inside the gazebo?

Do you own a gazebo?

Is the gazebo actually an outhouse named the black pits?

Do you like gazebos?

Should Anduin stop asking questions about gazebos?

I await most humbly for answers...
    Will Abdel ruin the live stream again?

Is there a quest to find Elminster's long forgotten wig?

Does a Cursed Knife of Cake Cutting -5 appear at some point in SoD?

Have taverns stocked up new kinds of booze?

Is M'Khiin's afro authentic or fake?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Kamigoroshi what a great way to get into the game! Get a beer you can buy from an inn, named after you!!!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2016

Is there a quest to find Elminster's long forgotten wig?

Don't be silly. Elminster never forgets anything! :)
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2016
    1) If you could tell us will there be tiefling or aasimar race involved in the Siege of Dragonspear ?

2) Dual wielding slings ... ?