Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Think Imoen will be dueled to Mage in Adventure Y if the player has yet to do so in BG:EE?
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

The blue people move through the shadows leaving confusion and fixed bugs in their wake! we must all delve to the root of this problem, the evil overlords are manipulating us into mistrusting ourselves!

@TrentOster IS A WITCH!!!

WE MUST TIE HIM TO A ROCK AND THROW HIM IN A POND!

IF HE LIVES HE IS A WITCH!!! IF HE DIES THEN HE IS INNOCENT. (but still evil for trying to confuse us)

(I'll leave that last bit to the Canadian forumites as plane tickets are a bit too expensive for a student loan)
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    edited February 2015
    Adventure Y made me curious enough to return to the forum..
    I'm not a forum type, but I hope I'll stay this time =P

As far as I understand it, the adventure will be between BG1 & BG2, soo
    does that mean we can import our savegame into it?
    If so, will any decision we make in BG1 - which I guess will have to provide the save-
    influence Adventure Y? Or will it be a true stand-alone with (maybe) the chance to
    import your equipment?

...Is there even a point in preparing a BG1 save for it?

Well, I hope there is the chance of an answer. =)

It's good to be back and have a nice day! ^_^

P.S. I hope Neera is in it ;-)
    She has become my favourite character - even tho I never managed to finish BG2EE O_O
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Arcanis said:

P.S. I hope Neera is in it ;-)
    She has become my favourite character - even tho I never managed to finish BG2EE O_O

I think it will depend on whether it takes place immediately after the end of BG1, or shortly before the start of BG2. If the former and the expansion isn't too massive maybe some NPC's can be squeezed in, if the later then we already know that Neera and a lot of other characters are up to other things and can't be hanging around you.

If it's successful though, then fingers crossed for another expansion later on when more popular NPC's can also be involved.
  • DargnonDargnon Member Posts: 31
    elminster said:

I wonder if anyone will have any charm/charmed dialogue.

Yea, I liked those in BG1. There is one especially nice and new in BG2EE...
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347

You'll import your BG:EE save, and then you can export from Adventure Y to BG2:EE.

Just started a new BGEE run in preparation for this!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Dargnon said:

You'll import your BG:EE save, and then you can export from Adventure Y to BG2:EE.

The best news! This is exactly why I keep coming every other day to check this thread :)

Good decision guys, since this gives us a nice motivation to play through both the games again and the entire saga just gets richer.

One point - Notice how it says "You'll import your SAVE". Which means, while we import our save, we have no idea what kind of progress will be imported. It probably will not be the main character. It might be some of the NPCs, it might be some of the variable quest solutions / actions we have made... But still, this is great.
    I wouldn't necessarily take too much out of that. Those saves are needed to have to carry variables that are adjusted in BGEE and carried into BG2EE already after all (related to NPC romances and such).
  • DargnonDargnon Member Posts: 31
    elminster said:

Dargnon said:

The best news! This is exactly why I keep coming every other day to check this thread :)

Good decision guys, since this gives us a nice motivation to play through both the games again and the entire saga just gets richer.

One point - Notice how it says "You'll import your SAVE". Which means, while we import our save, we have no idea what kind of progress will be imported. It probably will not be the main character. It might be some of the NPCs, it might be some of the variable quest solutions / actions we have made... But still, this is great.
    I wouldn't necessarily take too much out of that. Those saves are needed to have to carry variables that are adjusted in BGEE and carried into BG2EE already after all (related to NPC romances and such).
    I agree it could be just tiny things that get carried over, I think there was a serious hint somewhere about the CHARNAME not being the main character in Adventure Y.

Still, it could have been a completely separate adventure, without any possibility of import or export of any data.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited February 2015
    I am obligated by my psychosis to ask this AGAIN :tongue:

Since you probably have, almost exclusively, new area art in this adventure Y, have you considered pushing it, and creating some new shiny armor art as well?

Like, your touch graphically as well, besides storytelling?

The armored sprites would have to be touched i guess for this, but, what say you? You could transfer this over to the other games as well.

P.S. I wasn't thinking of something high definition, but rather along the lines of area art and original art fidelity. It will just look better since it would be created in 2015, rather than 2000.

Gief new plate!

:innocent:
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I don't think artists have got better from 2000 to 2015...
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469

We need the in world avatar winged helmet back. Just saying... :\
  • LordOdesseironLordOdesseiron Member Posts: 11
    Have we considered the possibility that Adventure Y has a high XP cap and we can just blame Bodhi for any discrepancies?
    Also, the idea of having another Baldur's Gate game that actually has something to do with the city of Baldur's Gate is something of a break with tradition, no?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will there be an open beta for this?

Because if there is,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qslQJLnk0qw

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Have we considered the possibility that Adventure Y has a high XP cap and we can just blame Bodhi for any discrepancies?
    Also, the idea of having another Baldur's Gate game that actually has something to do with the city of Baldur's Gate is something of a break with tradition, no?

Not really. Its a game set between the two games. It would be odd not to have Baldur's Gate featured in it.
  • Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65

Good thing I saw this, I was just about to start BG2EE with my exported characters. Oh well, guess I'll just wait and play through IWDEE some more. Very excited to see what the team comes up with!
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Well... I guess since I hadn't gotten around to beating BG2:EE yet, there's no real harm in starting over. I was only past the Underdark anyway... ::sigh::