Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    deltago said:

Drag on spear.

You drag a spear across your mobile phone killing baddies which do not stop coming. Bonus points for combos with an fog element of upgrading your spear.

It is going to be a mobile game. Dragging is usually the most they can accomplish.

Obviously you never played click-based games! Ie Tower Defense.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    DreadKhan said:

deltago said:

Drag on spear.

You drag a spear across your mobile phone killing baddies which do not stop coming. Bonus points for combos with an fog element of upgrading your spear.

It is going to be a mobile game. Dragging is usually the most they can accomplish.

And I have played tower defense games. Desktop is the best - stupid flying critters.

But its not Clickonspear is it.
    deltago said:

DreadKhan said:

deltago said:

Drag on spear.

And I have played tower defense games. Desktop is the best - stupid flying critters.

But its not Clickonspear is it.
    If you have endless patience or are already mad, Towers and Trolls is interesting. While upgrades are mandatory for more excessive difficulty levels (most maps on Insane require them to have a hope too, but there are 4 difficulties), there is much strategic depth as you go. You can either buy things to unlock buffs/tons of new levels, or go Old Skool and just unlock thigs by playing a fair bit and getting the gems.

More importantly, it has Beholders, Jellies and Gelatinous Cubes! And Dragons! The jellies are really hard on some levels, as your towers prefer other targets over the relatively easy to kill spawns. They can be a really big problem if your tower strategy is 'one big deathtrap' based. You can manually target, but this is not as reliable as it ought to be.
    Dee said:

I've got good money on it being a Dragon's Pear.

Dragon fruit you say?

Sounds delicious!
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    So, spearmint & Dragon fruit eh? I've figured it out. It's not an add-on, it's a dessert recipe!

How much would you pay for a Dragonspear pie?
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    In a gazebo?
    Anduin said:

I think it is about the killing of Aign, a very well dressed bard gnome who likes scarves. With evil villains hiring the top Assassin, Dr. A to remove him for singing the wrong songs to the wrong people at the wrong time. CHARNAME gets involved in the forthcoming shenanigans that results in hilarity and Khalids death (comedy gold!) Although, the whole story seems like a copy of Kill Bill, but we will forgive the developers, because Kill Bill is cool.

Personally, I can't wait to play Baldur's Gate: Dr. A go 'n' spear camp Aign.

...will somebody get shot with Firetooth +4 loaded with rock salt?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Anduin said:

I think it is about the killing of Aign, a very well dressed bard gnome who likes scarves. With evil villains hiring the top Assassin, Dr. A to remove him for singing the wrong songs to the wrong people at the wrong time. CHARNAME gets involved in the forthcoming shenanigans that results in hilarity and Khalids death (comedy gold!) Although, the whole story seems like a copy of Kill Bill, but we will forgive the developers, because Kill Bill is cool.

Personally, I can't wait to play Baldur's Gate: Dr. A go 'n' spear camp Aign.

Yay! Quoted three in a row!

No apologies. I was struggling to find any other possible title. Dragon's Pear really inspired me...
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I always thought it was kind of weird that after the end of BGI you go off adventuring, but then wake up in a cage with the same amount of XP.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I wouldn't want the maximum starting XP in BG2 raised, I think the difficulty curve at the start of BG2 is just right. But then if I recall correctly my experience with BG:EE is that it's already raised, because even if you cap out in BG1 the game saves your "invisible" XP for some reason, which you get back at the start of BG2. I have no idea what's the actual XP cap in BG1 for character export purposes.

I'm not much bothered either way. I usually just use the console to cap my XP at 161000 at the start of BG2, because I find that's a good number to use.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Yeah, I am in agreement with most here that 1 or 2 levels higher won't really break the bank. When I imported Veraka it had apparently saved her "ghost" XP as @Adul said (I thought it capped at 161k, but on review that wasn't the case), putting her somewhere in the ballpark of 300k. Oddly enough, Minsc started with 900,000 XP in that game! None of that made it unchallenging though (of course, being my first playthrough of BG2, there's always a challenge on the first try), and I think the game will work fine even with a level or two of padding.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Yeah, I am in agreement with most here that 1 or 2 levels higher won't really break the bank. When I imported Veraka it had apparently saved her "ghost" XP as @Adul said (I thought it capped at 161k, but on review that wasn't the case), putting her somewhere in the ballpark of 300k. Oddly enough, Minsc started with 900,000 XP in that game! None of that made it unchallenging though (of course, being my first playthrough of BG2, there's always a challenge on the first try), and I think the game will work fine even with a level or two of padding.

Yea only major implication I can think of for starting at a higher level is the NPCs. As you pointed out NPC's like Minsc can start out with a lot more experience over others because of how the tables work. That said it will be helpful for some (Cernd and Haer'Dalis come to mind) because a lot of the time the higher level NPC files end up having gotten the better health rolls.
    elminster said:

Yea only major implication I can think of for starting at a higher level is the NPCs. As you pointed out NPC's like Minsc can start out with a lot more experience over others because of how the tables work. That said it will be helpful for some (Cernd and Haer'Dalis come to mind) because a lot of the time the higher level NPC files end up having gotten the better health rolls.
    *glares at Xzar* Haer gets better proficiencies too, doesn't he?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2015
    Yea but only if you get him at 15 (its the only way he can get a 2nd point in long swords).