Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314

And then there are the unknown knowns. Things we don't know that we know. Believe me, I run into more of those the further I get in life.

Those are the best parts of reading this thread :wink:
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    @Bengoshi can you sticky the closed thread and maybe clean out some of the older stickies so it doesn't get lost.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited April 2015
    deltago said:

@Bengoshi can you sticky the closed thread and maybe clean out some of the older stickies so it doesn't get lost.

Or just sticky the closed Adventure Y one and unsticky the Beamdog AMA thread.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Cerevant said:

mlnevese said:

This thread is getting deeply philosophical...

Only for you guys - *we* know what you don't know that you know!
    Ah, but Young Grasshopper, do you know what unknowns you don't know that we know?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I feel enlightened just reading the last few comments...
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @spacejaws - the official name is so far unknown and will probably stay that way until the official announcement, but Trent Oster's registration of the siegeofdragonspear.com domain makes it a reasonable guess that the name will be "Siege of Dragonspear", something similar, or at the very least something to do with Dragonspear Castle.
    Vallmyr said:

I just thought of the best possible thing adventure Y could do.
    What if the party you finish Adventure Y with is imported to BG2 and instead of the standard Jaheira/Minsc in the dungeon with you its whoever you finished Adventure Y with :O!

Unfortunately, I think the opposite is more likely - adventure Y will probably end in such a way that it explains how you end up with the canonical party, regardless of who were with you during the playthrough.

I also have a feeling that most playable NPCs from BG1 won't be included in Adventure Y. But that's just a guess.
  • skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    I would be 100% behind this but what if one of the npcs was plot in the game. It would take a lot of work in bg2ee to make this work and may detract from the bg2ee experience for everyone.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    So long as the absences of NPCs like Kivan, Shar-Teel and Yeslick are explained well then I wouldn't mind ending up with Minsc and Jaheira in BG2.
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    I hope the EE npcs like Dorn have lots of new content, love em!
    edited April 2015
    Madrict said:

I hope the EE npcs like Dorn have lots of new content, love em!

I would be surprised if they weren't included in some way or another. Baeloth being an exception.
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    What are the chances of getting more romance content with them? xD
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

! If they bring back the new RPCs, they could record BG1 dialogue to match the original characters: boredom lines, wilderness lines, dungeon lines. But let's not get our hopes up. n.n

You mean Imoen might actually say something to other people in your group? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited April 2015
    Poor Pique. He never stood a chance. The "Heya, it's me Imoen" was too powerful. No one could resist it. :)
    edited April 2015
    Hey way back in 2013 when they had to pull the game for a few months (to be honest I don't remember how long it was pulled for) what was Overhaul then up to? I mean if they couldn't work on anything D&D related (I assume they couldn't given the whole lawsuit between Hasbro and Atari at the time).

Something to ponder I suppose regarding what is next down the pipeline.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminster said:

Hey way back in 2013 when they had to pull the game for a few months (to be honest I don't remember how long it was pulled for) what was Overhaul then up to? I mean if they couldn't work on anything D&D related (I assume they couldn't given the whole lawsuit between Hasbro and Atari at the time).

I thought it was IWD. It wasn't D&D they couldn't work on, but Baldur's Gate updates because was already released.
    deltago said:

elminster said:

I thought it was IWD. It wasn't D&D they couldn't work on, but Baldur's Gate updates because was already released.
    Unlikely given that it resulted in BG2EE being put on hold as well.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    elminster said:

deltago said:

elminster said:

Most people (including lawyers and judges) would be inclined to argue that Baldur's Gate 2 would be under the umbrella of the Baldur's Gate IP. Kinda like Empire Strikes Back is Star Wars.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I believe many devs have to bite their tongues not to tell anything about Adventure Y... I know it was a common feeling back in the closed beta of both BG and BG II :)
    edited April 2015
    DreadKhan said:

elminster said:

deltago said:

elminster said:

Most people (including lawyers and judges) would be inclined to argue that Baldur's Gate 2 would be under the umbrella of the Baldur's Gate IP. Kinda like Empire Strikes Back is Star Wars.
    Well Atari clearly has been involved in the past in publishing the Icewind Dale series.

http://www.gog.com/news/new_release_icewind_dale_2_complete/0

Anyways, ultimately I suppose all will be revealed in time.
    elminster said:

deltago said:

elminster said:

BG2 was released before thos fiasco happened wasn't it?

It was BG2 updates and bug fixes everyone was waiting for.
    deltago said:

elminster said:

deltago said:

elminster said:

BG2 was released before thos fiasco happened wasn't it?

It was BG2 updates and bug fixes everyone was waiting for.
    I'm talking about a period from about June 2013 to early August 2013. So probably like 1.5 months. This was months before BG2EE launched in November.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    To all devs:

"Hmph. I suppose I'm okay. Why? Are you gonna post a teaser trailer now? No? How about now? No? Hmmm... now, maybe? Grrrrrr..."

One of Lilarcor's favourite quotes.