Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Ardanis Have you tried that system that converts eye movement to words and even speech? It may help a lot :)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Anduin considers asking another fruitless question...*

Any chance for some pictures?

*Anduin smiles... No fruit in that question at all... Waits for somebody to ask for a banana...*
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Anduin said:

*Anduin considers asking another fruitless question...*

Any chance for some pictures?

*Anduin smiles... No fruit in that question at all... Waits for somebody to ask for a banana...*

Can I have a rutabaga?
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    How about a :cookie:?
    Nimran said:

How about a :cookie:?

I'll take the rutabaga :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    deltago said:

@Bengoshi can you sticky the closed thread and maybe clean out some of the older stickies so it doesn't get lost.

elminster said:

deltago said:

@Bengoshi can you sticky the closed thread and maybe clean out some of the older stickies so it doesn't get lost.

Or just sticky the closed Adventure Y one and unsticky the Beamdog AMA thread.
    I'd like to mention that I didn't sticky the AMA thread - an administrator or another moderator did that.

Also, I cannot sticky the Adventure Y news thread because it would look not right: but if an administrator decides to do so, it'll be fine!
    Nimran said:

Every time a forumite earns a badge, an angel gets a :cookie:.

Chocolate chip, oreo, what kind? :)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Nimran said:

More importantly, which kind of angel are we talking? Are talking cherubim, or are we talking Candice Swanepoel? I don't think cherubs eat, and I need some clarifications.

If Karlie hadn't retired, she'd be the default, she's into kookies.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    elminster said:

Nimran said:

Chocolate chip, oreo, what kind? :)
    Justice.
    DreadKhan said:

Nimran said:

More importantly, which kind of angel are we talking? Are talking cherubim, or are we talking Candice Swanepoel? I don't think cherubs eat, and I need some clarifications.

If Karlie hadn't retired, she'd be the default, she's into kookies.
    The one in my pocket, of course!

Candice is just under 5'10... Just how big is your pocket!?

Finally found one that's not too revealing. :blush: Not that a bra isn't PG-13 *shrugs*

Besides, she's totally got that "Aerie" vibe. Totally appropriate!
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459

Dammit. We were so close to beating out IWD in terms of game text. Oh well, I suppose we'll have to settle for almost 500,000 words.

IT'S ACTUAL NEWS, GUYS!
    There universe IS just!
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    It seems to imply that the game is done to a good point, if Phillip can make a (relatively) precise word-count guess. Dang it, why did it have to be just a single line? WHYYYY? Now we can't even read in between lines... :disappointed: speculation time may not start at all!!
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    @PhillipDaigle Neolithic Illithids? :astonished:
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Anduin said:

Dammit. We were so close to beating out IWD in terms of game text. Oh well, I suppose we'll have to settle for almost 500,000 words.

I could give you a random dialogue of a gnome talking about the merits of the humble Rutabaga?

Aaaah! The humble rutabaga, or yellow turnip is a root vegetable that may have originated as a cross between the cabbage and the turnip. My Aunty Kandiun, who was a veritable feast to the eyes in herself due to her large and pendulous ears, was credited as the said cross breeder who managed to make a turnip pollinate a cabbage. The idea had been mooted for years by the late gastragnome Petoid Telips, the same gnome who invented the radish peeler, but his methods of reproduction had always failed due to his illogical preference in using his rather short and podgy cultivator... He would have been far more successful using a plain hoe... However, ol' Aunty Kanduin, did not get the opportunity to name the vegetable. If she did we would all be calling it the Panduin's Red Todger! Her son, Panduin, a spoilt and misbegotten gnome if ever I saw one, had a favourite teddy you see, called, you guessed it, Todger. Our Panduin, would scream and wail if he was not allowed to play with his Todger before going to bed, so you see in some respects I am pretty relieved. That aside, on the great vegetable naming day, a little known day held each year after the High Harvestide, where gnomes of all races, gather to name the irregular and downright gnarly vegetables that just cannot be classified, which are then named and consumed with great gusto and glee, our Aunty Kanduin was accidently force fed a flying Tressym pie. This was quite a surprise at the time, and another story in itself, and resulted in a horny centaur (you should have seen those antlers! Huge!) named Junthreece to come trotting to the rescue. Swiftly, he gave my Aunty Kanduin a good pounding, dislodging the flying pastry from her throat! Much relieved, my Aunty Kanduin completely forgot about the naming ceremony and accepted Junthreece's offer of a healthy romp in the woods, to settle the air in the 'ol lungs. In the end it was decided to take the the first letter of each name of the remaining gnomes present and draw them out of a bag. For reasons still unknown to me, their were a lot of gnomes named Adalbert, hence the three a's. Personally, I like to think it was some cosmic chance, but the world is far more organised than that, as I am sure the gods themselves, of whom I am a fully prayed up member, can attest to. So the Rutabaga, with great aplomb, was named. Uwe, incidently was gutted his initial was not pulled out first, but the Urtabaga can be saved as a name for another day... Even @elminster likes to munch on the humble rutabaga. So please. If you see him. Pass this mighty tasty morsel to his ensorcelled hands and speak well of me.
    /in character as Piro.

W-what? There's a vegetable naming day? No one told me that. :(
    Also, a centaur and a gnome? And I thought MY heritage was weird!