Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    I have a question!

Will we see magical items from the main game return (other than already equipped starting gear) or will the campaign be composed of original items? And I think this has been asked but will starting gear be possible to import or also dependant on starting class for a fresh game or will we somehow have our items removed and have to start fresh?
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    It would make sense for them to all import from BG1 since presumably Charname doesnt get kidnapped until the end of Adventure Y. But who knows, there may be a good reason for things to go away at the beginning.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I hope there are a plethora of new kits that are implemented into BG:EE and BG2:EE with the launch of adventure Y. Would be make super happy n_n
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    A bit random/vague, any speculation how soloing will end up, both in Y and BG2? It'll give even more XP before entering SoA, but I expect it'll be a fairly challenging solo (Underdark stuff is often pretty scary!), but SoA may be substantially easier. An XP reducer might be in order for soloing BG1+Y.

Actually, might have missed anything relevant, but will Y have some kind of tags that will trigger an increase in difficulty?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited May 2015
    spacejaws said:

I have a question!

Will we see magical items from the main game return or will the campaign be composed of original items?

I guess there will be new items ( armors, weapons, wands, bracers, robes, rings, amulets, spells from Icewind Dale, .......)
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    DreadKhan said:

A bit random/vague, any speculation how soloing will end up, both in Y and BG2? It'll give even more XP before entering SoA, but I expect it'll be a fairly challenging solo (Underdark stuff is often pretty scary!), but SoA may be substantially easier. An XP reducer might be in order for soloing BG1+Y.

Actually, might have missed anything relevant, but will Y have some kind of tags that will trigger an increase in difficulty?

i think they will make it so you get less quest experience in chapter 2 soa if you import from Y. that's the best solution anyway imho, but i don't know if it's possible
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @bob_veng I think I like that idea. Good way to balance difficulty without altering much.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    bob_veng said:

DreadKhan said:

i think they will make it so you get less quest experience in chapter 2 soa if you import from Y. that's the best solution anyway imho, but i don't know if it's possible
    Do you mean the xp you get after getting out of chateaux irenicus?
    edited May 2015
    yes that especially. that's a 34k *per character* reward that isn't really warranted. it can be reduced to something like 20k party xp (not per character)

gaelan bale cash fetch completion nets 45k per character (can be substantially reduced; it's not really warranted anyway - you just gave a bunch of money to someone you can't trust woohoo)
    same for siding with bodhi

the circus tent has some unreasonable rewards
    - 19,500 at the entrance (if you answer a single lame question correctly...)
    - 18,500 for giving the ogre's sword to aerie (completely unwarranted, pure xp bloat)
    - 27,000 for killing kalah and solving the quest (it's a stupidly easy quest that a low level party could complete so it's too much)

chapter one has bloated rewards too, namely the ~25,000 in total you get for doing the dryads-djinn fetch quests

edit: another way to reduce across-the-board xp bloat is to reduce thievery and scribing rewards to bg1 levels or something in between
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    It wouldn't be that surprising if you permanently lost a bunch of experience as a result of Irenicus's torture. It makes some sense that amnesia could be accompanied by a loss of recently obtained skills.
    i don't think they'll do that. subtracting a fixed amount would be fine with me, but a per cent cent decrease that would produce diminishing returns for prior quest solving would cause some feelings of frustration
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    charname could lose some xp (just like in the hell trials) due to irenicus tortures to balance things out
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    good idea : )
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    yeah it's genious isn't it :blush:
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Wow, that's a great idea, @Dexter!
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 961
    edited May 2015
    spacejaws said:

I have a question!

Will we see magical items from the main game return (other than already equipped starting gear) or will the campaign be composed of original items? And I think this has been asked but will starting gear be possible to import or also dependant on starting class for a fresh game or will we somehow have our items removed and have to start fresh?

Well 'Adventure Y' should at least have these Items be importable from The Original Baldur's Gate for they can be Imported from the Original Baldur's Gate and into Baldur's Gate II:

imageProtector of the Second: Leather Armour +2
    imageStudded Leather Armour +2, Missile Attraction (Cursed)
    imageMail of the Dead: Chain Mail Armour +2
    imageChain Mail Armour +3
    imageFallorain's Plate: Plate Mail Armour +1
    imageHelm of Balduran
    imageClaw of Kazgaroth
    imageRing of the Princes: Koveras' Ring of Protection +1
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited May 2015
    So, I'd have a simple question to any one of the devs: Where will the news first be? Beamblog? Announcement on the news part of the forums? A newsletter function I forgot to subscribe to? Or maybe even THIS thread? (if it gets leaked) :grin: I think we ought to know which curtains to look at while we wait for the show to start. Just tell us where. :wink: EDIT: never mind, the official site of BG tells us to keep an eye on beamblog, so that would be the answer, i guess. Whoops...

Also, could anyone kindly point me to the conspiracy thread? I know there is one and it sounds like fun. (could not find it before)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Nimran said:

Ahh, the mystical land of naked nymphs will finally be explored.

Nymphs? Will there be Faeries, Pixies, and Dryads too!? I love Fey! n_n
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Maybe the underground caves are also maped out? A world bellow and a world above ground? :smile:
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

Two maps?!

... Must be an island featured! :D I bet there are a lot of monkeys there. :3

If it's dragonspear castle maybe we get to go through the portal to the hells, maybe one of the maps is to do with that...
    Ardanis said:

Nimran said:

Ahh, the mystical land of naked nymphs will finally be explored.

I'm afraid not, because my colleagues give me weird looks and say funny things each time I bring up the subject of removing the wizard robe from Neera's starting equipment.

We do have several pixies on the team though.
    :O! Can we have pictures of the pixies? I bet they're super ultra adorable! n_n