Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Aha, @AndrewFoley has subtly chosen to give us that new fact after all!

@elminster As the guy who mostly wrote the character in-game ...

You'll notice that he says "wrote", not "is writing", so he's confirming that this part of the job is completed.

(But ... wheedle, wheedle ... that's only a very small fact, Andrew!)
    He also said mostly. Which means that atleast 50% of it is written, not the entire thing.

The mostly part could mean someone else is still adding to the character.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Anduin said:

*Anduin lurks in the dark.*

*elminster shines flashlight on Anduin*
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    elminster said:

Anduin said:

*Anduin lurks in the dark.*

*elminster shines flashlight on Anduin*
    *wubble equips spectacles to better see both Anduin and elminster*
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    *and the green grass grew all around, all around, and the green grass grew all around*
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    *Casts Fireball and incinerates all the grass*

*Hopes @Anduin, @elminster and @wubble had their buffs up*
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    *and the flowers bloom like madness in the spring...* whistle, whistle :wink:
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    *just wants new news*

*Casts Fireball and incinerates all the grass*

*Hopes @Anduin, @elminster and @wubble had their buffs up*

*elminster fails save, gets high off grass*
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    *hides behind elminster, realizes it's not good when extraordinarily powerful mages get high*
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    elminster said:

*elminster fails save, gets high off grass*

*notes that due to an unfortunate typographical howler which slipped past his spell-checker, @elminster had triggered his puffs instead of his buffs*

*casts Animal Summoning Three Little Piggies*

*casts Power Word: Re-House*

*casts Monster Summoning One Big Bad Wolf*

*casts Conjure Air Elemental*

*casts Planar Gemjump: Hogwarts: Huffenpuff: Porchway /MoveAll*

*just wants new news*

*casts Conjure Lesser Information Elemental*
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    *casts Tensor's Thread Re-railing*
    Wild Surge!
    Thread doubly de-railed
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Yep
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I'm just sad de-railing purposeful threads hasn't been made a mute-able offense.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    We're all killing time waiting, really. There were a few days that went by with no posts here, because there was no new information. Now we've got a little flurry of posts (perhaps hoping to attract Beamdog's attention?). Either way... new info please!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

Though the conversation this is taken from seems to hint more to things like a bug with one of the current EEs (original tweet: "game restart"). So I'm not sure this is work being done for Adventure Y, but that Game might benefit from this.

Yes, no matter what the context is, if they're "elbows deep in the entire UI system", it means they're going to make changes to what we've got used to in BG/BGEE. And there can't be a better option than to represent the new UI in a completely new game.
    Who knows maybe that means changeable buttons like in IWD2.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    bengoshi said:

Though the conversation this is taken from seems to hint more to things like a bug with one of the current EEs (original tweet: "game restart"). So I'm not sure this is work being done for Adventure Y, but that Game might benefit from this.

Yes, no matter what the context is, if they're "elbows deep in the entire UI system", it means they're going to make changes to what we've got used to in BG/BGEE. And there can't be a better option than to represent the new UI in a completely new game.
    It probably has to do with the flag creation and having BG1 remember what you did with canon NPCs.

Dynahier herself has many options the player might have done with her. Rescue her, kill her, leave her, never find her, recruit her, recruit and boot, recruit and die, her dying when fighting Edwin.

To make this work, all of these variables need to accounted for in some way. And that is only one of 10 plot eccentric characters in baldur's gate 2.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    elminster said:

Finally we would have cleric/thieves with thieving skills on the main bar rather than F12-> F1.... if only.....
    I don't think the likelihood of that is very high. I just figured I'd throw it out there :)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    elminster said:

I don't think the likelihood of that is very high. I just figured I'd throw it out there :)

I thought it was impossible because of the coding for BG (BG:EE as well). I would like it, if only to let me go from bows to weapon/shield sets.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

elminster said:

I thought it was impossible because of the coding for BG (BG:EE as well). I would like it, if only to let me go from bows to weapon/shield sets.
    No kidding. I have so many sling users just because of weapon switching, or bow users who figure out how to make two-handed or einhander work.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Adul said:

elminster said:

Oh, how I wish for proper IWD2-style weapon sets...
    If they do, I hope they figure out a way to have a single shield tied to multiple weapon sets. It was ridiculous to have to switch shields to change from sword to mace in IWD2. I hated having to lug 3-4 shields around for my Paladin's weapon sets in IWD2. Waste of carrying capacity.