Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Am now playing Pillars of Eternity while waiting for Adventurey. Seriously couldn't get into DA:I. I like old school to view, isometrical, games.
    lolienbooinyoureyes
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Matthieu said:

Am now playing Pillars of Eternity while waiting for Adventurey. Seriously couldn't get into DA:I. I like old school to view, isometrical, games.

I've put in 50+ hours in DA:I and only played PoE for a few hours and PoE DESTROYS DA:I in terms of world building, gameplay, and character customization!

DA:I is on indefinite hold for me until my best friend nags me to play it so her and I can talk about the plot >_>
    booinyoureyeselminsterjackjack
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited March 2015
    Vallmyr said:

Matthieu said:

I've put in 50+ hours in DA:I and only played PoE for a few hours and PoE DESTROYS DA:I in terms of world building, gameplay, and character customization!

DA:I is on indefinite hold for me until my best friend nags me to play it so her and I can talk about the plot >_>
    Agreed. At least Dragon Age: Origins played like a classic isometric thrown into a blender with Knights of the Old Republic, and it was a pretty intoxicating mix. The next two have been trash in comparison. On a side note, I finally got around to trying out Skyrim on the PC and find it VASTLY inferior to both Morrowind and Oblivion.

As for Adventure Y, I feel like there are infinite (no pun intended) possibilities to explore between the fight in the Undercity and the capture. Maybe I missed something, but it seems silly that your party would just walk out of Baldur's Gate and instantly be ambushed by Irenicus. There must have been some adventuring to be had before the shit hit the fan.

• MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Well BGII intro states some people in Baldur's Gate start having doubt about MAINCHAR's links to Sarevok.

That's not something that happened in hours. Guess some time passed. Like it's not: "cheers to the hero who saved us... but he's a sleazy bastard, being Sarevok's relative. We can't trust him he will steal from us, get him out".
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I'm not quite sure what a story review is. Anyone has any insight into what stage of development they might be in based on that comment?
    JuliusBorisovAnduinjackjack
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Does this mean she's mumbling secret stuff as she times this on twitter, or that she'll be mumbling secret stuff once she's done? (maybe loud enough for us to overhear some tidbit of information?) or maybe what she's mumbling is better in the first place than any fodder for our speculative hunger. Aaaah, I feel the plot thickens!! Thx @bengoshi
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyeslolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited April 2015

If we end up getting Pillars of Eternity, Baldur's Gate 1.5 Adventure AND Torment: Tides of Numenera in the same calender year....yikes, say goodbye to all free time.

I very much doubt, though, that Torment: Tides of Numenera will be out in 2015. We actually have a semi-official confirmation of it: "InXile are targeting late 2015 for Torment: Tides of Numenera, although Colin reminded me to emphasize the word “targeting”, adding “you know how development works”. So with that in mind, Torment: Tides of Numenera will be coming to PC in 2016"
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    mlnevese
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Is Adventure Y coming out today?
    AnduinJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    deltago said:

mlnevese said:

@elminster I believe causing a heart attack to a development team member may be punishable by banishment... :wink:

The good news being there is a job opening at a place that allows you to play PoE at work and a cool D&D session every Friday.
    I already have two campaigns alternating on Friday and a game on Monday, as well as a less consistent game on Saturdays. This week we're going to try something new on Thursday. I've got quite enough tabletop roleplaying for now, thanks!
    JuliusBorisovlolienjackjack
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    elminster said:

So the character I went with for Adventure Y was....

Name: Tholamin
    Race: Human
    Class: Mage
    Kit: Transmuter
    Alignment: True Neutral

Tholamin is a transmuter and an apprentice to a local mage. When you encounter him he is mid way into a fight with some locals (who have been sent by a mysterious Lady Viona Siamorphe) who are upset over his spellcasting. As it so happens he has been earning some extra coin on the side by demonstrating in public his ability to turn into a spider, wolf, and ogre. He periodically will alternate his form with his humanoid form as well as any one of these shapes. A player can also pay him to transform into any one of these forms.

Nah just messing with ya. This isn't what I ended up going with. April fools!

He should teach some tricks to Gazib at Carnival!
    elminsterJuliusBorisovlolienHurricane
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

elminster said:

So the character I went with for Adventure Y was....

Name: Tholamin
    Race: Human
    Class: Mage
    Kit: Transmuter
    Alignment: True Neutral

Tholamin is a transmuter and an apprentice to a local mage. When you encounter him he is mid way into a fight with some locals (who have been sent by a mysterious Lady Viona Siamorphe) who are upset over his spellcasting. As it so happens he has been earning some extra coin on the side by demonstrating in public his ability to turn into a spider, wolf, and ogre. He periodically will alternate his form with his humanoid form as well as any one of these shapes. A player can also pay him to transform into any one of these forms.

Nah just messing with ya. This isn't what I ended up going with. April fools!

He should teach some tricks to Gazib at Carnival!
    Actually if I do anything involving him mod wise it will probably involve an inclusion in my Eve of War mod. Probably someone to be found in the centre area of Baldur's Gate (south of the Diviner near all the circus tents). :)
    TethorilofLathanderlolienjackjack
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    mlnevese said:

@elminster I believe causing a heart attack to a development team member may be punishable by banishment... :wink:

Or a significant delay in the release of the game, whichever is worse. :wink:
    mlneveseelminsterlolienjackjack