Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

I read about 3-5 pages of it at random and it looked like a bunch of goofy randomness (which is great, random is fun), but I meant along the lines of breaking into the industry, things learned (what you can/can't do in a videogame's story arc) and so on. It may have been on a page I skipped, but I didn't see it in there.

It is mostly just random stuff. Feel free to Just skip to the end of the thread, where I addressed a couple of your comments.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    If we're talking romances, how about a love twist between the two in this cut scene? xD

"Such a fine gentleman, wouldn't you say?"

I bet it's secretly Elminster >:3

• DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    edited May 2015

deltago said:

No gratuitous sex scenes.

Define gratuitous...

That's simple: not with courtesans. :wink:
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Davide said:

deltago said:

Define gratuitous...

That's simple: not with courtesans. :wink:
    I'm quite sure there would be a lot of other things to negate, if you were to define this ex negativo... By my moral standards, at least. :smile:
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    bengoshi said:

So, the Adventure Y will indeed include the Underdark.

If your interpretation is correct, that's some pretty damn sweet news.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Awesome! Any sightings of Heidi Shannon (Jaheira), Jim Meskimen (Khalid), or Melissa Disney (Imoen)?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited May 2015

Awesome! Any sightings of Heidi Shannon (Jaheira), Jim Meskimen (Khalid), or Melissa Disney (Imoen)?

Not yet:)

I would very much listen to Grey DeLisle, the voice of the female drow we all know.
    edited May 2015

deltago said:

Define gratuitous...

Carol Marcus' scene in underwear in Star Trek Into Darkness. Textbook example. :smile:
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    Aedan said:

I have the same question - WE NEED MORE WIFE-HUSBAND BANTERS, PLEAZE!
    Amen! They make me giggle going back and forth the way they do with each other-- reminds me of my sister and her husband, driving each other up the wall. :smiley:
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

If we're talking romances, how about a love twist between the two in this cut scene? xD

"Such a fine gentleman, wouldn't you say?"

I bet it's secretly Elminster >:3

Fun fact. His real name is Leers Mint.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Underdark okay, but with a gnome village and a dwarf village then please. Not *just* drow.....
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited May 2015
    bengoshi said:

Do you know if they have a twitter account? I plan to stalk follow them :)
    Aedan said:

bengoshi said:

Do you know if they have a twitter account? I plan to stalk follow them :)
    Hmmm... Heidi Shannon has no credits in IMDB since 2002. Perhaps she's retired from acting?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0788289/
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited May 2015
    Where is that twitter post (yes it is called a 'Tweet' >.>) where a Beam Dog Staff Memeber said something that sounded like "AdventureY" or something that looked like Adventure Y bust was spelled adventurery?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    bengoshi said:

Heidi Shannon - I don't know

Yeah, I could not find her too.
    bengoshi said:

Maybe we should ask if we will hear new Viconia lines?

YESSS!!!

Heidi Shannon has no credits in IMDB since 2002.

Oh, no! That would be a pity.
    However, Adventure Y is a good reason to start again! :)
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited May 2015
    Is everyone who frequents these forums here just hungry for likes, insightfuls and fistfuls of agrees? For I see a lot of 'like bait' kicking around the treads and I am guilty of it too *cough* silly pictures, puns *cough*. Although I am wondering who is honest enough to say that they are posting for the likes, agrees and insightfuls? (Although being social in general counts too :-P) We are social creatures after all :-)
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159

Is everyone who frequents these forums here just hungry for likes, insightfuls and fistfuls of agrees? For I see a lot of 'like bait' kicking around the treads and I am guilty of it too *cough* silly pictures, puns *cough*. Although I am wondering who is honest enough to say that they are posting for the likes, agrees and insightfuls? (Although being social in general counts too :-P) We are social creatures after all :-)

I'm a writer. Pretty much everything I do is a desperate cry for attention.
    I badly wanted to disagree for the sake of argument.

I found myself lacking. >.>

That being said, I think most come here for both news and entertainment, both to entertain and to be entertained. We are consumers AND producers. Forgive me for being pretty meta-forum in here, but isn't sharing opinions all about seeing if you're the only one thinking something? :P
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

I'm a writer. Pretty much everything I do is a desperate cry for attention.
    Interesting, in my wayward youth I tried writing. Incidently, I both hate attention and was a terrible writer.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Ok, before it goes to far, I'd like to remind everyone to not go too far off-topic. You can discuss writers and their desire for an attention, forum hunger for reactions in other topics.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

deltago said:

Define gratuitous...

Carol Marcus' scene in underwear in Star Trek Into Darkness. Textbook example. :smile:
    While it was completely unnecessary to put that scene in, If I'm being honest I wasn't too upset about it.