Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426

Yup. It's coded as +5; there are no opcodes or scripts or anything that change it.

Yeah, I know. I am speaking from a lore point of view.

Also, case in point, the largest thread to ever grace the activity on the older Black Isle boards, started by this banal question, "What does dragon's flight from Lake Dinneshire means?".

It even led to creation of a splinter community of another board, called Coconut Club.

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853

If you are lazy, you can win the battle in the Temple of Rillifane by simply rushing over and placing the talisman, goblet and moonblade on the altar. Rillifane's avatar shows up and kills all the enemies before you can do a thing.

That's actually how I used to win that fight when I wasn't so good at the game. If you do this, the mage says "Oh dear..." before being obliterated by Rillifane.
    I thought that was how you were supposed to play it.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

If you are lazy, you can win the battle in the Temple of Rillifane by simply rushing over and placing the talisman, goblet and moonblade on the altar. Rillifane's avatar shows up and kills all the enemies before you can do a thing.

That's actually how I used to win that fight when I wasn't so good at the game. If you do this, the mage says "Oh dear..." before being obliterated by Rillifane.
    I thought that was how you were supposed to play it.
    What, and let Rillifane steal your XP? :wink:
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I've never let Rillifane win that fight; I always beat Suneer on my own.

...But that was because I didn't know Rillifane could do that. I thought you couldn't summon Rillifane until Suneer was dead.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853

I've never let Rillifane win that fight; I always beat Suneer on my own.

...But that was because I didn't know Rillifane could do that. I thought you couldn't summon Rillifane until Suneer was dead.

We all learn different things, and if the way that we do it works, we tend not to look further. Perhaps we should.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Disconfirmed. In both unmodded EE and in modded EET, the familiar will die immediately after being released, and the main character suffers CON drain just like always.

Hm. Are you unsummoning then resummoning it then it dies?

Literally just happened to me when I posted it (latest version BG:EEE), fairy dragon with mirror images up to tank Mutamin, took one hit without damage, recalled just as Mutamin cast another acid arrow targeting it. Died shortly after Mutamin's death, possibly when reloading the quicksave over his corpse, and... now have a 28 HP with a 5/6 Mage/Thief with 6 Con and Max HP rolls off.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Anime characters?

No wonder that Fairy dragon died...
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Redrake

There are zero anime characters in either screenshot...
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Pantalion said:

Disconfirmed. In both unmodded EE and in modded EET, the familiar will die immediately after being released, and the main character suffers CON drain just like always.

Hm. Are you unsummoning then resummoning it then it dies?

Literally just happened to me when I posted it (latest version BG:EEE), fairy dragon with mirror images up to tank Mutamin, took one hit without damage, recalled just as Mutamin cast another acid arrow targeting it. Died shortly after Mutamin's death, possibly when reloading the quicksave over his corpse, and... now have a 28 HP with a 5/6 Mage/Thief with 6 Con and Max HP rolls off.
    I summon it, cast Acid Arrow, let it approach death, put it back in the inventory, wait several seconds, and then release it. It dies, the main character loses both the bonus HP and 1 CON, and I am allowed to summon a new familiar to replace the bonus HP but not the CON. Same behavior as any familiar death.

For the record, none of the portraits are exactly animesque (the second one is a little bit), but the first slot is Onion-san from Undertale, and the original character is most definitely animesque.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Mmkay, I never actually released the familiar, it was actually unsummoned and in my pack when it took the fatal damage and died. Whether this is a consequence of the first DOT it was suffering, or the second acid arrow the mad gnome cast after it was recalled I can't say, but it definitely took damage, and died, before being released once more.

I'm having bad restartitis of late, so maybe I'll be able to replicate it myself on today's character.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I played through the original BG once or twice, thought it said Irenius.