Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    The Lesser Demon Lord in the underdark is suppose to be immune to +4 weapons and below, but Jaheira wielding the Spear of Withering +4 killed him in my last playthrough.
    He does seem to be immune to other +4 weapons as CHARNAME and Viconia both did jack squat to him for the entire fight.

Now I don't know if this is a bug or if one of the mods I use screwed something up or if the demon is just really weak to piercing and poison dmg.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Interesting. hrm...ah so, I have found the problem. The effect on the poor demon lord that should make him immune to weapons of +4 enchantment or lower has a target of "none". That is clearly an oversight bug.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited August 2015
    Did you know that the tribe of giants called the "Hillgnasher Giants" mentioned by Anomen who claims he has slain 20 of them one summer, are actually known as the "Skullgnasher Giants", who attack hill forts in central Tejarn Hills every summer, are major allies of Sythillis (or Sothillis) and his Sythillisian Empire? The same Sythillis (Sothillis) the game Throne of Bhaal as a tavern rumor mistakenly mentions as one of the Bhaalspawn who was killed by Yaga-Shura (though canonically, Sythillis (Sothillis) is NOT a Bhaalspawn and never crossed paths with Yaga-Shura, living to see the Year of Lightning Storms (1374 DR)?

The Skullgnasher Giants are mentioned in Book #2 of the Lands of Intrigue sourcebook detailing information on the lands, characters and locations of Amn.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Ponies are everywhere... you can find them even in Diablo :)
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Oh thank you Black Isle or Beamdog. Whichever gave us a timeless classic.

Now, to kill Sarevok with my Daggshit. . . What could go wrong? :P
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    That brings up the question of what's on the poisoned Daggshits used by shank and carbos in SCS.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    wubble said:

That brings up the question of what's on the poisoned Daggshits used by shank and carbos in SCS.

Isn't it the same daggshit, just them using the Assassin special ability?
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I would say it's the same Daggshit they just actually use their abilities. A poisoned Daggshit is still a Daggshit I suppose. . . Oh a short sword version would be funny. . . ( Is this still PG13? )
  • NaveenNaveen Member Posts: 81
    Uh, never realized that before... Carbos, from carve, and Shank, from the prison slang term for a homemade knife (like a shiv).
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    SionIV said:

wubble said:

Isn't it the same daggshit, just them using the Assassin special ability?
    I just think they've used an unconvetional poison to coat the blade with.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    @bengoshi
    I'm not a fan of the show in any way whatsoever (I don't hate it, or those who watch it, I'm just indifferent to the entire thing), but he sure did an amazing job on those portraits.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Tuth said:

Makes sense, imagine buying a full plate and after a while it breaks. That would be nasty and funny at the same time.

Did you know that that's what actually happens to plate armor when somebody chops through it with a halberd?
    :P
    elminster said:

If you hit a bear with fire damage it will run away from you.

(Don't try fighting a bear in the real world though)

Might be inspired by bear spray? (A much better option for real bears)
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    ...that Tempus is a demigod created by Janet Morris for Robert Asprin's Thieves' World shared universe?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sacred_Band_of_Stepsons

This Tempus first appeared in print one year before the first appearance of Ed Greenwood's Tempus, but since Greenwood had created FR long before that, we can't really say if one was based on the other.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited August 2015
    bengoshi said:

[...] but the portraits are original art by me, meant to look like "humanized" versions of the ponies. [...]

Wait, so you are Saber-Scorpion???
    I had no idea :O
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I'm not sure about this, but doesn't "Volo" mean "I fly" in Latin?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

I'm not sure about this, but doesn't "Volo" mean "I fly" in Latin?

It stands for that famous Miss Piggy Quote: "Vous only live once!"