Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    There is actually mechanically a Volo class in the game. It never gets used though. Not even by Volo himself. Same goes for Elminster and Drizzt.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    "Draconis" is the genitive (possessive) form of "Draco" in Latin, so the name literally means " The Dragon's".
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Angelo Dosan is a level 11/7 fighter mage.
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Makes sense, imagine buying a full plate and after a while it breaks. That would be nasty and funny at the same time.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Tuth said:

There were plans to make not only weapons to break, but also armors, shields and other miscellaneous items. It is a bit strange that the iron crisis is affecting weapons only. Having other parts of equipment with ability to break would make the game a bit harder, or frustrating. So, no wonder it was cut, though it would be interesting to play with that implemented. There are still "broken" items in the game.

Broken armor, using the same icon as the ancient armor -> image
    Broken shield -> image
    Broken item, I wonder what types of items would break apart from weapons, armors and shields. Maybe rings? -> image

This is a option in a mod I'm using I can't remember which, think it's BG2tweaks or SCS, Khalid Plate did break once, also somebodies chain mail.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Spend 6k gold on a suit of full plate only for it to fall apart on you. I would not be amused by that at all. Ok...maybe a little.
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    I don't how it's in EE, but in the original Baldur's Gate some bears won't change focus to other party members until the first one they noticed is dead. The one in the cave above Xvart viallage for sure and similarly Ursa won't attack you unless Nexlit is killed. Maybe Xvarts cause bears to be so mean that they will try to kill their target no matter what.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    wubble said:

elminster said:

If you hit a bear with fire damage it will run away from you.

(Don't try fighting a bear in the real world though)

and then growls,
    HHMMrr ONLY I CAN STOP FOREST FIRES. "this is a talking talking bear"