Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• caescaes Member Posts: 33
    ajwz said:

You can use the fact that you can unlearn mage spells, to unlearn and relearn the spells from scrolls, over and over, for a huge xp boost. It works even better for solo characters

Hell yeah! 1500000xp in Promenade for solo fmt or blade fresh out the Irenecus dungeon!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited July 2016
    In Siege of Dragonspear,

Belhifet is immune to all disablers except for three: Web, Slow, and Hold Monster.
    Post edited by semiticgoddess on
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Since Sarevok's death runs on a health check script, it's perfectly possible to "kill him" with a bare fists attack that would otherwise be incapable of slaying even a gibberling.

That'd be a cool steam achievement!
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited August 2016

Mizhena is indeed coded as female in SOD game files.

You know, I have been wondering if she actually has physically transitioned. She does have the female character model, but that couldbe just some form of stuffed bra or something. I mean, thanks to the magic in the FR, she might as well be polymorphed nether scroll/ girdle style. (Though even if she isn't, I am guessing she actually looks rather androgynous/ feminine, given that the player or any of the NPCs don't pick up on her looks "dude in drag" style.)
    Post edited by Buttercheese on
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Spellhaunts can be auto-killed if you cast a Dispel Magic on them
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Just wait till the support beam uprising.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

The game thinks Firkraag is stronger than Demogorgon in the Most Powerful Vaquished section.

Ditto for a Greater Basilik over almost everything in BG1

Try fighting Firkraag outside where he can fly and breathe fire on you. Demogorgon wouldn't be able to touch him.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Grum said:

The game thinks Firkraag is stronger than Demogorgon in the Most Powerful Vaquished section.

Try fighting Firkraag outside where he can fly and breathe fire on you. Demogorgon wouldn't be able to touch him.
    Just like that black dragon guarding the lantern.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    deltago said:

Grum said:

Just like that black dragon guarding the lantern.
    Baldur's Gate dragons are mentally challenged.

They have wings. The enemies have +4 swords. So rather than fly, they wing buffet their foes. Even the dragons in Skyrim are smarter than Baldur's Gate dragons...
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Similarly it's always bothered me that wyverns (seen in an original cut scene carrying off a cow at significant altitude) always choose to hover within sword reach of the ground when they ambush you out in the open in the Cloakwood.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    I know and this is one detail that really annoys me, especially for characters holding shields.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    ajwz said:

I couldn't resist posting this one.

In the enhanced edition games, loading times are almost instantaneous.

If you have a character which you want to enter stealth mode but keeps failing due to a low stealth score: Quicksave with "Q", try to enter stealth, and if you fail, Quickload with "L" to try again immediately

This method is much faster and wastes less time than spending time waiting around for stealth mode to come off of cooldown to try again.

I use that when city guards interrupt my rest :smile:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The load/save speed is one of the main factors why I just can't play the original games anymore...
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    theres a quickload key? well dang. yeah taking out the load screen makes the game so much faster.