Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @rrchristensen: Good to know the trick is being put to good use! I tried doing it with Hexxat in hopes of creating an invincible Charname, but there were weird instant death glitches that I could not seem to prevent. A solo Hexxat is very difficult to kill, but it's not reliable enough for a no-reload run.
  • sazziesazzie Member Posts: 103

sazzie said:

(hubby masters games very quickly so we just threw him into the game and told him to 'go forth' we're here if u need us)

He must gather his party before venturing forth. >:(

he tried. unfortunately for him, we are all so OP (compared to him) that he doesnt have enough badges to train us and make us venture forth with him, without us getting lost or running into a random enemy in the FOG ... hes gotten better tho
  • former_customerformer_customer Member Posts: 111
    sazzie said:

sazzie said:

(hubby masters games very quickly so we just threw him into the game and told him to 'go forth' we're here if u need us)

He must gather his party before venturing forth. >:(

he tried. unfortunately for him, we are all so OP (compared to him) that he doesnt have enough badges to train us and make us venture forth with him, without us getting lost or running into a random enemy in the FOG ... hes gotten better tho
    It feels like you're trying to tell me something but your reference is not very effective.
    RaduzielPokotaProont
    @former_customer sorry thats my bad!

i think it makes sense in my head but it clearly didnt. i just meant that when he tries to gather us forth we end up lost exploring more of the map than he wants and end up encountering random enemies
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @sazzie I think that @former_customer understood your joke and made a joke about it himself.
    CrevsDaakformer_customersazzieProont
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited January 2017

elminster said:

I'm positive Wraith Sarevok has the biggest health pool in the unmodded game

Not sure about BG2, but there are higher in the series certainly. Sarevo2 (this is the Sarevok you fight in the palace) has 999 and Tethoril has 981
    Well I didn't think we had to include the clearly not-supposed-to-die folks :tongue:
    But in my current game both Tethoril and Ulraunt DID die. 5000 exp and 4000 exp. Presumably they were taken to the temple almost immediately, as a while later they were talking to my character again. :) Tethoril was as helpful as ever, Ulraunt as unhelpful as ever.

Sadly, if you kill Tazok with SoD installed, the game now crashes. :(

The battles were like watching paint dry with no danger of being killed. It just took an age to kill them. Not worth the effort plus a massive drop in reputation.

However, I think everyone should kill them at least once, just to show how evil you are. >:) (Just wondering. Why isn't there a smiley for an unhappy devil?)
    edited January 2017
    @SirBatince @Gallowglass Amulets of min HP1 are cheats and shouldn't be allowed. :(
    Just wondering. Can you pickpocket them?
    Permidion_Stark
    edited January 2017

elminster said:

Bare in mind ...

Nakedly thinking ...
    :D
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on

ThacoBell said:

@Abi_Dalzim He can finally be perma killed in ToB

Sure, but there's so many other traitors that you can't do the same to. I want to kill Ulraunt and all the rest of them!
    You can kill Ulraunt. The problem is that he gets resurrected. :D
    Buttercheese

Did you know if you steal the potion from the clinic at the beginning of BGEE, go into the house with the Assissin and take the dagger inside the locked chest and the eight gold in the nearby desk...you will trigger an immediate confrontation with a guard?

The reason I know this is because I have the same ritual for starting out that I always use. But something changed in the game and now you get busted for stealing early on whether you were seen doing it or not.

You also now get busted for killing people like Firebead and Phlydia. Firebead used to be an excellent initial challenge for an evil character. I think that it gave 4000 exp and a robe. You also got your identify spell back. :(
    ButtercheeseProont
    JoenSo said:

On a related note: was there ever a point with the little vestibule except for talking to the cleaners? What is the point of it in-universe even?

At least it is used in the Romantic Encounters mod. :)
    sluckers said:

I, personally, just discovered a stash of 208 gems in a Baldur's Gate Inn worth 6500 gold coins.

Makes that sapphire gem in Candlekeep look like chump change.

However 1000gp at the start is more valuable than 6500gp when you get to Baldur's Gate. By the time that you get there, you have more than enough gold.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    slow down there sir. nobody wants to read 6 posts in a row by the same user.
    ButtercheeseWise_Grimwald

slow down there sir. nobody wants to read 6 posts in a row by the same user.

I'd just come across this thread and found half a dozen different interesting things. It isn't really one thread as it jumps about from topic to topic.
    lolienCalmar
    Raduziel said:

@sazzie I think that @former_customer understood your joke and made a joke about it himself.

Yeah, I was trying to sneak a reference in there, too. Sorry that the deadpan delivery doesn't always come across in the text.
    Wise_Grimwald
    ahhh @Raduziel ty

lol @former_customer i just got it ... i think .... its *not very effective* as in a poor attack?

all good. sarcasm isnt the easiest to convey across the interwebs haha and im quite oblivious at times XD
    former_customer
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173

Arctodus said:

I played around with your wonderful discovery, intending to play a full BGee->TOB game with Xzar.

I wonder what will happen to the psychological state of Xzar when he will meet Xzar in Athkatla... :worried:
    Well, Xzar knows dragons with feet like rabbits ('tis true, he swears!), so I shouldn't think encountering himself in the street would faze him.
    I believe there's a family of green dragons with rabbit feet in the Elminster's Ecologies FR boxed set....
    former_customerCrevsDaakProont
    edited January 2017
    sazzie said:

ahhh @Raduziel ty

lol @former_customer i just got it ... i think .... its *not very effective* as in a poor attack?

all good. sarcasm isnt the easiest to convey across the interwebs haha and im quite oblivious at times XD

I only know Pokémon speak second-hand, never having played any of the games myself. I thought that "not very effective" was the correct phrase for an attack against an opponent's strongest characteristics.
    CrevsDaak
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    "not very effective" means that you ran into the target's resistance(s) and ended up dealing anywhere from one-half to one-quarter damage.
    ThacoBellCrevsDaakRaduziel
    Pokota said:

"not very effective" means that you ran into the target's resistance(s) and ended up dealing anywhere from one-half to one-quarter damage.

Pokota, I choose YOU're explanation!
    CrevsDaakRaduzielThacoBell
    OMG! haha @former_customer ur pokemon reference went completely over my head!

im so sorry haha that was awesome. @Pokota thank you for the added explanation

didnt even click thats what u meant as on a BG forum im thinking inside the box. need to be more open in future XD