Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    edited August 2014
    From the article: "by Lew Irwin | 21 May 2012"

This time it's real.

I am excited to get the patch and play again :) Too bad my vacations ended yesterday... Beamdog is at it again, threatening my semester with a most promising patch.

Keep at it guys!! We're waiting for you :)
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

No it's not out yet. If it was they would release a board named THE PATCH IS LIVE! and it would say so on the top of the forums page. So no patch yet, have patience, don't you want a GOOD patch, and not an INCOMPLETE patch?

What about now?

I once knew this guy called Dilby. He threw rocks at me. Are you gonna throw rocks at me?
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Has anybody ever counted how many times Neeber says "How About Now" I know it's over 20, but I don't know how many it is.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Wooo what a nice surprise I'm going to sleep and 10 min past and @Dee saying there is an update on the beta, like I ask to see the good patch........ ;)
    kaguana said:

Hmmmmm looking good looking good I wanna see it if it looks so good ;)

Dee said:

The beta's being updated now for Android and Windows (Mac was updated over the weekend). All of the changes I mentioned earlier in this thread are in the build now, so go ahead and check them out.

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited August 2014

@Adul Well, I hope that problems are fixed soon. But thyey don't sound like serious problems. Unless they appear in Single Player.
    Do they?

@DJ_Sweatz_2013 Three of the four I've mentioned do, actually.

And I do think they're serious bugs. Unlike a quest bug that will annoy you once throughout your BG playthrough, these bugs are noticeably present during the entire game. If OG doesn't fix them in the 1.3 update, they will probably be there to stay in both games for another 6+ months. And considering that three of the four have been present since BG2 launch, I'd find such a scenario truly a shame.
    edited August 2014
    Sorry, double post.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2014
    Abdel. Fighter.

@Adul: Just to see if I understand this correctly: if you pick up two Healing Potions via Quick Loot, each will take a separate slot in the inventory. Can you then stack them by dropping one on the other? Or does the game consider them truly separate items? If it's the former, that's a relatively minor inconvenience (you spend most of the game moving inventory around anyway); if it's the former, then that's a huge problem because you'll run out of space fast.
    LiamEsler said:

Depending on how other projects go, we'd like to have a much more regular and predictable patch schedule after this. We'll keep you guys in the loop as we work details out.

Post edited by shawne on
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited August 2014
    Okay small bug. Might be previously referred to here http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/6028

The scroll bead(?) does not work in the biography page.

EDIT: v1.3.2051
    shawne said:

@Adul: Just to see if I understand this correctly: if you pick up two Healing Potions via Quick Loot, each will take a separate slot in the inventory. Can you then stack them by dropping one on the other? Or does the game consider them truly separate items? If it's the former, that's a relatively minor inconvenience (you spend most of the game moving inventory around anyway); if it's the former, then that's a huge problem because you'll run out of space fast.

Nah, you can stack them afterwards, they just don't stack automatically. But there's another separate issue where quick loot gives picked up items a faulty identification flag and those items become unable to stack together with other items of its kind in containers. Therefore if you use quick loot you'll likely notice situations where you have two or more stacks of the same same item in the same container. Selling from containers is already a chore (I don't understand why a single click cannot select all items in a stack), but if you get multiple stacks of the same item it's even worse.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Adul: Can you take them out of the container, stack them and then put them back in?
    shawne said:

@Adul: Can you take them out of the container, stack them and then put them back in?

I'm not quite sure, but I think you can since flags probably need to get uniformed when you put two separate stacks together into one stack. Haven't tried it though.
    ctrl-b now controls speed? Is that intentional? Not on feature list...

Very easy to use.

I like...
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 629
    Anduin said:

Very easy to use.

I like...

Eh? Da fuq you on about?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Anduin said:

Very easy to use.

I like...

You are a decade or more late to the party I'm afraid :)
    @elminster I'm always a decade late to the party!

Do you know when that was put in? Not seen it referenced elsewhere.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Its from bg2 so it was probably always there.
  • pmchempmchem Member Posts: 2
    Dee said:

The patch passed our first round of tests; we're giving it a much more rigorous shake now, just to be sure. It's looking good, though.

Wow, this thread got going in May/June and the patch has just now passed the first round of tests! Now it gets a "more rigorous shake"? I look forward to its release in July, 2015.
    Anduin said:

Okay small bug. Might be previously referred to here

Pro tip: do not report any bugs if you want 1.3 released in your lifetime. Wait for afterwards, so it can be fixed in the 2016 "1.4" patch!

Anyway, my first post on the forums. I bought this game months ago on a Steam sale because my friends assured me the patch was coming "in a week or two". Welp!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Chow said:

You could've still just played the game because it's a good game, patches or not?

That's not true in all cases. The game is undeniably good, but it lack features it was advertised with. And the devs never did anything to deal with that problem.
    Another little issue... Gonna check all my scroll beads out! Hmmm... again could be this problem reported here... again...

http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/6028

@pmchem‌ Gotta bug crunch until all bugs are crunched!

Aaaaand. I don't think these bugs are serious "patch not coming out because of this" enders.

Unless @Dee goes all OCD on me.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yep, that one's already there in 1.2; we won't be able to fix it for this patch.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 629
    *sigh* Are we there yet?
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    Yes we are!
    But not the Patch.
    Still a decade left to go bevor i get impatient.
    So nothing to worry.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Anduin said:

Aaaaand. I don't think these bugs are serious "patch not coming out because of this" enders.

You just jinxed it :(
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Agreed, stop complaining people.
  • M7700BM7700B Member Posts: 7
    Be patient... Have faith... Trust beamdog...
    by the way, not yet??
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2014
    Why not fix it in this patch? We've already waited years for this thing, what's another month? *takes cover*
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited August 2014
    Check the bottom of your 2012 article, see what it links to? Now head -> wall, please. (I'm surprised they updated the article...)