Skip to content

The General Questions Thread

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    @Cershen‌

You can still switch the types of arrows through your inventory page.

The same happens with the Sling of Everard +5 on my Druid run: by right-clicking on the sling icon I can't change the types of bullets but through the inventory page I can change if I want the sling to fire the vanilla bullets or those bullets I put in the slots.
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    Anyone know if Beamdog has the legal ability to make enhanced editions of IWD2 and PS:T? Just wondering if these two are at all possible at some point in the future since it would be nice to have all the Infinity games in enhanced editions.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    @Sergio‌

If you try to take the Rift Device out back into the sewers under the Temple District you will die immediately. I got a message telling me that I couldn't leave with the Rift Device and I died instantly.

And you can kill the Unseeing Eye without using the Rift Device - the device only takes it down to 1 HP left, so you can use usual attacks and magic for the same effect.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    bengoshi said:

@Sergio‌

If you try to take the Rift Device out back into the sewers under the Temple District you will die immediately. I got a message telling me that I couldn't leave with the Rift Device and I died instantly.

This made me curious. Have anyone tried this with a pickpocketing familiar?
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    In the Rogue Rebalancing mod, there's a Bardic item called the Lyre of Progression which is equipped in the shield slot and grants additional spell-slots... How does this sync with fighting styles? Does it nullify the Single Weapon Fighting style?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Tresset said:

In addition to reducing the target's HP to 1 the rift device also dispels any magic affecting the target; making it ideal for killing buffed enemies. Of all the targets that you can use the device on I would recommend either the Unseeing Eye or the Shade Lich or possibly Gaal.

I'd recommend using it over Tree of Life Irenicus if you're playing vanilla… Otherwise save it for Hell Irenicus if you have SCS.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @CrevsDaak You can't leave with it...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

@CrevsDaak You can't leave with it...

The things you learn each day from this game o.O (it's probably because I'm accustomed to dump (read: use it over Aerie) it because I feel it's cheesy).
    Through a combination of brain-farts and mouse-slips, I let Jan wander off to deal with his problems alone... This is annoying as I also overwrote my previous saves without thinking.

How long does it typically take Jan to reappear in Athkatla? And will he be at home, or in the Gov District?

Also, what's the console command to make him reappear if I've messed it up?

Help please. :(
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @abacus‌ Hmm... That sounds like it would be a tricky one... Let me see what I can dig up...
    edited November 2014
    @Tresset‌

Resolved. :)

For the record:
    After 7 days he shows up at the Jansen residence in the Slums (I sleep-spammed hoping he'd pitch).
    I was out of town for a little while, so I was obviously a couple of days late.
    Thanks anyway! :)
  • AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    Does anyone know where the name ankheg comes from? Is it a pun (ankh, egg, ant, keg)?
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Gary Gygax
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited November 2014
    I started a thread a few days ago but I didn't want to bump it back to the top so I thought I would instead post this question here.

Better tank (Icewind Dale EE):

Dwarven Defender

or

Dwarven Fighter/Cleric

This is my dilemma. They both seem so good. The Fighter/Cleric multi kills two birds with one stone and leaves open a vital spot for a Bard. But on the flip side he/she will level slower and won't have access to weapon mastery.

Such a dilemma.
    @Stormvessel‌

You should bump any thread you like if the question is good. And that's a good question!

I would go with a multiclass Fighter/Cleric. Armour of Faith, Protection from Evil and DUHM increasing your DEX + Enthropy Shield make your character nearly unkillable in melee and melee fights are nearly all that IWDEE is about.
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited December 2014
    bengoshi said:

@Stormvessel‌

You should bump any thread you like if the question is good. And that's a good question!

I would go with a multiclass Fighter/Cleric. Armour of Faith, Protection from Evil and DUHM increasing your DEX + Enthropy Shield make your character nearly unkillable in melee and melee fights are nearly all that IWDEE is about.

I ended up taking the noob route and rolled yet another Cavalier. Can't go wrong with that class/kit - just crazy good. Rolled one with 18/00, 18, 18, 11, 13, 18 (using autoroller utility) - taking him through the entire BG saga.

I figure I will have to get my money's worth out of Icewind Dale EE later. I put maybe 2 hours into it before I started to think ...why play 'this' when I COULD play 'THAT' (Baldur's Gate). So I'm back playing Baldur's Gate.
  • Can you use summons to bash chests????

Never tried, and have now way to test right now.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    edited December 2014
    Ok, here is a thing I find a bit strange and not sure if intended behaviour or bug (and if bug whether already reported or not).

1) Cast whatever buff on Char A or drink potion with Char A
    2) Char A uses Scroll of Protection from Magic
    3) Buffs disappear as expected
    4A) Char B tries to cast buff on A - Spell Ineffective
    4B) Char A tries to cast a spell - Spell Failure
    4C) Char A drinks potion - potions works!
    4D) Char A uses innate spell-like ability - success!

It's 4C and 4D that looks suspicious to me. In particular 4C, cause PfM + potion buffs = indestructible weapon of destruction...

It happened in BG1EE, didn't try in other games yet.
    Post edited by Shikao on
    @Shikao‌

Here - http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58927 is presented an evidence Lich Imprisonment aka Kangaxx's innate ability bypasses the Protection from Magic.

There's an old but good discussion on whether innate abilities bypass the Protection from Magic or not: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/124277-baldurs-gate-2-no-reload-challenge/page-383

It seems this question doesn't have a definite answer. It would be positive to hear an official word on this subject: whether the Protection from Magic should prevent effects from innate abilities, both by enemies and by party memebers @Dee‌ @Jalily‌ @CamDawg‌

Potions shouldn't work though. If they do, it's a bug - but it should have been fixed long ago: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/21067/pfm-scrolls-and-potions If you have an evidence this bug is still present, you can make a report.
    I'm in the ToB quest "Betrayal at the gates.", and the Mage Errard has been killed by a random fireball/missile from the beseigers...

Does anyone know the console command to bring him back/summon him?
    abacus said:

I'm in the ToB quest "Betrayal at the gates.", and the Mage Errard has been killed by a random fireball/missile from the beseigers...

Does anyone know the console command to bring him back/summon him?

Anyone? @CrevsDaak‌... You're usually the man for codes!
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Due to lack of questions thread in BG2EE subforum, I will post mine here.

Is there any use for Sahuagin Scribe's Notes? Found in royal treasury in Sahuagin City.