Skip to content

Small things amuse small minds

Comments

• PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    When you see lightning in a thunderstorm and you start counting the seconds until you hear the thunder so you can estimate how far the lightning stroke the land. And then again to check if the thunderstorm comes near or not.

This is not about me, but my pair likes to sit down in the bath and stare at me while I shave. All the time, without even blinking...
    Now I am growing a beard and she is so grumpy in the mornings...
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    People getting caught up in endless discussions with religious-like zeal about a game that doesn't even exist yet ?.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Arvia wrote: »
    People getting caught up in endless discussions with religious-like zeal about a game that doesn't even exist yet ?.

personally I would rather post exactly this in the Vent your sorrows thread :P
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I was in a steakhouse and they had the most awesome signs on the bathroom doors.

The men's room
    Dick.jpg

The women's room
    Jane.jpg

In case I'm not being clear, the bathroom was covered with people whose name was Dick (Richard). I did inform them they were missing a picture of Richard Cheese in the men's room.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    IHOPs pancake burger. Why!?

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The Superbowl sounds like it should be the name of the world's biggest bowling tournament.
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    You are not alone, @Nimran. I am always making myself lol with amusing observations of the world around me. I think we're the sane ones, because the world is effin' nuts.
    If a horned devil is also called a cornugon, and an ice devil is also called a gelugon, what is a dust devil also called?
    I enjoy watching monster animations in NearInfinity.

sh98gjg3lzoo.gif
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2020
    I went to sleep in the on-call room, after working for 16 hours with FFP2/95KN mask on my face (that people complain about that they can't breathe in) I was so used to it that I forgot to take it off.
    Post edited by Arvia on
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    Finding out that this thread is still going :o

Watching the nightly update by Bojo the clown and friends - except they are the ones with the small minds (and I'm pretty sure BoJo's a small thing!)
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    If a horned devil is also called a cornugon, and an ice devil is also called a gelugon, what is a dust devil also called?

A willy willy?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Reddit now lets you create custom avatars with a little picrew thingy!

awpf7a87ggbw.png

That smile fits me so well
    edited December 2020
    The fantasy definition of "slay":

To kill, especially a dragon.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    The fantasy definition of "slay":

To kill, especially a dragon.
    Come at me bro!
    I'm amazed at how accurate clocks are. If you had two clocks and one of them ran just .1% faster than the other, they'd be off by more than 8 hours after a year.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    WHY DIDN'T HARRY POTTER USE ACCIO TO GET HIS BROOM AND FLY OVER THE HEDGE MAZE LIKE HE DID IN THE FIRST TRIAL
  • jonesr65jonesr65 Member Posts: 66
    I thought about something similar in the same book. Why didn't he use it to snag the marauders map and the tri-wizard egg when his foot got stuck in the disappearing step in the secret stairway.
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    I don’t think you can snag the Marauders Map and I am positive they could not snag the Tri-Wizard Egg. Four of the best wizards of the time created the Marauders Map, not saying no one could not Accio it, the egg was unspellable though. They actually talked about that in the book. Flying over the hedge maze sounds pretty reasonable to me.

There are definitely inconsistencies in the books however. I started it reading to my nephew when I watched them. At first my one nice, his sister, was only interested in Pooh. Eventually they both would listen and read Harry Potter with me though. Some of the best memories of my life. My other nieces liked The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, even after we finished the series they would want to go back t the stories again.