Cooking meat on the toaster.

Cooking meth on the toaster.
    Meth on the meat toaster.
  • skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    wubble said:

meagloth said:

Belanos said:

Awong124 said:

There's a street in my city called "Sexsmith".

There's a musician here in Canada named Sexsmith. He's very good too. I once encountered a road in Colorado named "Where Else". Then there was a time years ago where I came across two convenience stores almost right across from each other on the same street. Once was called Wight's, the other was called Wong's. Neither of them exist these days though.

There's a town in Illinois called Normal.
    Not too far from me there is a town called Penistone. Always causes a chuckle when we pass through it.
    You'll probably also know the snake pass and how it ends up in a wet lady's bower (for anyone not from our area one of three main (relatively speaking) southern cross penines routes ends at ladybower reservoir on the east side.

This is also fun as from Manchester it's signposted as motorway and Sheffield. Unfortunately the motorway goes about 5 miles then it's winding country lanes over the hill tops.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

wubble said:

meagloth said:

Belanos said:

Awong124 said:

There's a street in my city called "Sexsmith".

There's a musician here in Canada named Sexsmith. He's very good too. I once encountered a road in Colorado named "Where Else". Then there was a time years ago where I came across two convenience stores almost right across from each other on the same street. Once was called Wight's, the other was called Wong's. Neither of them exist these days though.

There's a town in Illinois called Normal.
    Not too far from me there is a town called Penistone. Always causes a chuckle when we pass through it.
    You'll probably also know the snake pass and how it ends up in a wet lady's bower (for anyone not from our area one of three main (relatively speaking) southern cross penines routes ends at ladybower reservoir on the east side.

This is also fun as from Manchester it's signposted as motorway and Sheffield. Unfortunately the motorway goes about 5 miles then it's winding country lanes over the hill tops.
    I don't know the roads over the hills too well yet as I can't drive yet. (I can drive I just failed the test twice, trying again in April)
    Think I may be a smidge further south than you. For us the snake is (in)famous for closing every winter along with the cat and fiddle.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I love that road! The back end can really come out if your pushing it!

That's why I always recommend filling up at a petrol station when the fuel light comes on...

*b-dum, dash*

It's the bad way I tell 'em.

Anyway...

Getting a snotty nosed cuddle from my daughter. And reminding myself she was there, looking at my shoulder afterwards.

*happy sigh*
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Going on long walks and dreaming up stories I'll never write down.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Guessing the next poster.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    @skinnydragon - have an extra agree on me :)

pssst - I always thought the snake was the Cat and Fiddle Road as well.
    I live in the pennines! How does everyone else know the names of these roads yet I don't?
    I really need to pay more attention!
    edited February 2015
    Because I live in the penines too well just south of them @wubble and I'm 35 so I hear them more often.

@kiwidoc the cat and fiddle is the name of the road past the cat and fiddle from macclesfield to buxton the snake runs from glossop near Manchester to ladybower reservoir near Sheffield ( apologies to anyone offended by the approximation and generalisations but it gives non-locals an idea). Thanks for the extra agree.

Edited to add second. Paragraph because my phone hates me
    I really need to pass my test and get a car.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Wubble Don't worry. I usually use the M62 to cross the Pennines. Boring motorway... Actually no... I like the bit where they have a house in the middle of it, because the farmer refused to sell up, believing he would get a better price.

They built the motorway either side of the house...

Or is that the M1...
    @Anduin I used to travel every day from Leigh over the M62 to Huddersfield, Halifax or Dewsbury and that house was a mjor highlight. It always amused me immensely, and I reckon that famers victory counts as a BIG thing!

Another small thing that always amuses me - watching pictures forming in my wood stove. Tonight Godzilla made an appearance - and she even winked at me!
    I live within about 5 minutes of the official center of the country yet I don't know anyone from the area who doesn't think they are 'northern'

I live within about 5 minutes of the official center of the country yet I don't know anyone from the area who doesn't think they are 'northern'

the question is: would you rather be thought of as a northerner with lancashire and yorkshire or a southerner with essex and the west country?

I know what most people would choose...
    @wubble - Essex and the West Country aren't the South. I orignally hail from New Zealand - now THAT'S the South ;)
    Do all new zealanders have really strong arms from hanging upside down?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Have you ever seen the Shadows of Amn intro in 90 frames per second? If you haven't, it basically goes like this:

[Irenicus runs in, though it looks more like he's awkwardly fast-walking]
    Ah, the Child of B-
    It is time for more...
    OW!
    The pain will only be passing, you should-
    OW!
    Interesting. You have much untapped-
    OW!
    Do you even realize your potential?
    [The golem comes in]
    More intruders have entered-
    They act sooner than we had anticipated.
    No matter, they will only prove a slight delay. [He teleports away]
    [Assassin runs in triggering all the traps]
    AAAAAAAA[dies]AAAAAAAAAHHHH!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Scribbling my comments over the pages of a postmodernist novel I don't like.

Roasting Nightmare mode Adalon with the scorcher loop.

Seeing my old teachers' faces online and smiling at them.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Watching cat/goat/silly animal movies on youtube. Always make me laugh.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Anduin said:

@bengoshi said:

Looking at my sleeping wife in the morning.

I do that...

She often awakes with a handrawn moustache below her pretty little nose... It is too hard to resist...
    Wait, you like watching @bengoshi's wife sleeping in the morning?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Believe it or not, there is actually a town in Wales called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.