Skip to content

Small things amuse small minds

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Watching overseas visitors getting into the wrong side of the car is always good for a chuckle.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited November 2014
    I've remembered a small bit of silliness that made me smile a lot .... in the warm water of the estuary in front of the family bach (kiwi for home built holiday shack) me, my 80 yr old mum and my sis-in-law lying in the shallows playing synchronised swimming meets a Busby Berkley Musical Spectacular!

@Dunbar yep thats a laugh, but it's a bugger when you get to watch them drive on the wrong side of the road. I'd love to turn Jaheira loose on them with some really nasty spells.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @kiwidoc‌ Would you mind if I split the misheard quotes part into its own thread? I would kinda like it to have its own thread so I can see where it goes. :)
    @Tresset I'll only let you do it if you post another silly little thing that makes you smile - just kidding!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I'll post one anyway. I like watching and playing with the mist come out of my humidifier.
    Cooking hot cross buns in the toasterafter squahing them flat so they fit. The smell is just glorious! I'll skip the meth.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Watching anything melt in the microwave.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Watching squirrels melt in the microwave.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Squirrels catch fire and pop on the microwave... And if you had to clean it afterwards you would not smile... Now back on subject.

*facepalm*

Okay I really love pouring salt on slugs...
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I just let my ferret take care of the cleanup. She gets a good meal, and I get a clean microwave.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    edited November 2014
    watching my cats hunt in the garden, sometimes the even team up. (They only catch frogs and bugs, birds are to fast)

Watching my chickens pillaging my garden, my girlfriend doesn't like it, but I can watch for hours.

Guessing who is also Dutch on this forum.
    @artificial_sunlight You've reeminded me of another small thing that gives me a buzz. Watching squirrels in my garden. There are no squirrels in New Zealand, and even though I've been in the UK for nealry 25 years, it still gives me a kick to watch them.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    meagloth said:

Hot dogs are pre-cooked, you know.

Doesn't mean you still shouldn't properly cook it on either a grill or boil it. The hotdog itself could be fine but the equipment it touched in the process of being made could have left it contaminated (in Canada there was a large outbreak of Listeria in Maple Leaf products, including hotdogs, about 6 years ago).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Anyways getting back to topic I have a friend who has this shih tzu. Anyways, every time it seems me it goes crazy. Trying to climb up my legs and stuff. Its amusing to say the least.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    kiwidoc said:

. There are no squirrels in New Zealand

O_o
    I had assumed there were squirrels everywhere. One of those every-continent-even-Antarctica pests like mosquitoes of small dogs in celebrity purses. They're EVERYWHERE here, and they eat EVERYTHING.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Awong124 said:

There's a street in my city called "Sexsmith".

There's a musician here in Canada named Sexsmith. He's very good too. I once encountered a road in Colorado named "Where Else". Then there was a time years ago where I came across two convenience stores almost right across from each other on the same street. Once was called Wight's, the other was called Wong's. Neither of them exist these days though.

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited November 2014
    For some reason I always make sure to turn the num lock off on my computer while it is starting up.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Belanos said:

Awong124 said:

There's a musician here in Canada named Sexsmith. He's very good too. I once encountered a road in Colorado named "Where Else". Then there was a time years ago where I came across two convenience stores almost right across from each other on the same street. Once was called Wight's, the other was called Wong's. Neither of them exist these days though.

There's a town in Illinois called Normal.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    meagloth said:

Belanos said:

Awong124 said:

Not too far from me there is a town called Penistone. Always causes a chuckle when we pass through it.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    meagloth said:

Belanos said:

Awong124 said:

thanks, I now I have the song Effington in my head.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Since avariel are elves, I like to refer to them as avarielves.