Skip to content

If a name had to start with Gl... What name would you choose? CHOOSE WISELY!

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
Okay. It was let slip during the last AMA with the developers that there will be a new NPC named Gl...

You got it. Gl... oh wait thats not announced yet!

Rumour and speculation now abound. Choose what name you would like Gl... to turn into... Be prepared for nothing of the like actually appearing! Fun and messing around only peeps!
  1. If a name had to start with Gl... What name would you choose? CHOOSE WISELY!74 votes
    1. Gloria the Gardener. Keeper of the Gazebos of the high forest. A halfling druid snubbed by his colleagues for his inability to pick even low hanging fruit.
      10.81%
    2. Glod Glodonsonsonson. Dwarven Defender. Wielder of the mighty Glod. Your basic bearded ale drinking dwarf. The reason why Orcs are all Glod fearing.
      18.92%
    3. Gloragatha. The finest dwarven strumpet this side of the moonshaes! This bards silky beard leaves all the dwarven men drooling into there tankards...
        6.76%
    4. Glen Quagmire. A human ranger fond of swamps. Drinks down the Sunken Bathtub with his Lizardmen pals...
        4.05%
    5. Glados. A most unhappy gnome cleric of Gond. Hates new fangled technology and longs for the days before carrier pigeon.
      13.51%
    6. Glundatha Axe-Eater. An elf that reached the highest circles of knowledge, wisdom and enlightenment... In lumberjacking. An outcast to his own kind, this elf is a barbarian... Among trees...
      18.92%
    7. Glade Glilson. A half-elf assassin so deadly, that she can kill by scent alone... Glades Oust Odour Eliminator has killed many unwary snifters.
        4.05%
    8. Glirakuru. A Kensia from Kara-Tur. He has mastered the art of death by splinter. This man is dedicated to his master crafted club. Carpenters, have chiselled, planed, sawn and varnished a leg-end, combined with Glirakuru's discipline, forms a potent weapon of mass destruction.
        6.76%
    9. Glob Snuck. A half-Orc with amazing teeth and hair. This paladin of Sune, is dandruff free. Head and Shoulders above the rest, Glob Snuck secretly fears he will have his head caved in by a Dwarf with an image problem.
        6.76%
    10. Glee! Oh Glee! This rubbish ends! Why? No really... WHY did you make me read that... that absolute drivel! If I wanted to waste my time I could have visited the Guess the next poster thread... You really are a piece of work!
        9.46%

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    A Gnome is coming...
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    So hard to choose.

The mighty Glod sounds like an awesome weapon so I'll go for that.
    I'm a Glod fearing individual... Are you?
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    @Anduin‌ Obviously

Now answer my post in the guess who thread!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Actually... All the options here are wrong... It's clearly Gli...
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Who do you expect to save you when a bear attacks? Will it be a rogue or a fighter? No! It will be a lumberjack!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Mostly picked this to find out how someone becomes an axe-eater. Are they at all related to Gobblehammers? :)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/536497/#Comment_536497
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I said that already on the activity page once... This is the kind of stupidity we get under mummy leadership...

But seriously, thanks for the poll, @Anduin :) Now I know for sure we'll get a Kara-Turan warrior in the Adventure Y-amato!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Is it strange to want that Club as the NPC and Glirakuru as its weapon?
    It looks like most of us love Glod...
    Glandyr? I prefer Glanduin...

Actually Glengoshi has a certain ring to it...

Maybe Glesset or Gleagloth...

Glevsdaak, Gleeminster, Glenvese, Glee, GlackGlack, Glouthpaw, Glidcarnival, GlentGoster, Glipdaigle, Gloriander, Glilly, Glimran, Glordrumfish...

Even Glubble...

All sound better than Glandyr.

MwahahahAhahA!

Although, I will admit, they all sound like names for half-orcs...
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Great poll anduin! :) axe-eater is such a grat handle.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I picked Gloria, but everyone knows the name is going to be Glarsomyr.
    May as well put people out of there misery.

It was Glint Gardnerson.

And he is Gnome!

Wait. There is room and capacity for a female gnome!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    deltago said:

It's going to be a female dwarven defender LN.

Gli** is more feminine sounding than masculine and the community has been asking for a female dwarf since ever. Having one of the new kits limited to dwarves seals it.

I'll even go as far as saying the name is probably Glinyce meaning holy, fair one.

I do have the possibility of being completely and utterly wrong though.

See, I was completely and utterly wrong.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    All of these are fantastic. I like this.